Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2004, 01:36 PM   #1
SuperTad
CF Newbie
 
SuperTad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12
Exclamation Asian vs European

Hey all you car gurus, I got one question. Whats better? I know this is in the Asian car section of the forum and all so you're all probably gonna say honda is the best but why?

Also, what's the best car to enhance (turbo it, add rims, etc)?

-super
SuperTad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 03:02 PM   #2
DodgeRida67
Banned
 
DodgeRida67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Jackson, Georgia
Posts: 2,056
Quote:
(turbo it, add rims, etc)?
Please, don't say "rims" around here.

Quote:
Hey all you car gurus, I got one question. Whats better? I know this is in the Asian car section of the forum and all so you're all probably gonna say honda is the best but why?

How about neither. This is basically an opinionated matter. It's like walking into a school and asking the kids what type of shoes are best, they are all going to go with whats hot. Same here. Now you've started a war.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 04:22 PM   #3
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
Please, don't say "rims" around here.


How about neither. This is basically an opinionated matter. It's like walking into a school and asking the kids what type of shoes are best, they are all going to go with whats hot. Same here. Now you've started a war.
Yay! A war! Well in my opinion...I like the Subaru STi (WRX Impreza Ed.) so I like Asians, but I also love Germans for their great handling and stiff suspension...but when it comes down to price I think I would go with the Porsche-killer STi that is 60k less...
In terms of supping up and such... the STi is already pretty supped if you ask me...
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 04:23 PM   #4
SuperTad
CF Newbie
 
SuperTad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12
sorry about the newbie talk, as you can see under my name thingy im a newbie.
__________________
super


"dey jus' don' get any betta dan dis..."
SuperTad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 04:26 PM   #5
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTad
sorry about the newbie talk, as you can see under my name thingy im a newbie.
Just so long as u introduce yourself and dont insult me or my friends or do some stupid stuff...I dont care...sweet sig...
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 04:54 PM   #6
SuperTad
CF Newbie
 
SuperTad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12
ok what about the cost/value ratio? would a cheapish asian car (like a honda) be better than a cheapish german car (like a vw)?
__________________
super


"dey jus' don' get any betta dan dis..."
SuperTad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 05:03 PM   #7
DodgeRida67
Banned
 
DodgeRida67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Jackson, Georgia
Posts: 2,056
Quote:
ok what about the cost/value ratio? would a cheapish asian car (like a honda) be better than a cheapish german car (like a vw)?
There we go, that's a good question. Unfortuantly I don't know the answer to it.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 06:00 PM   #8
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTad
ok what about the cost/value ratio? would a cheapish asian car (like a honda) be better than a cheapish german car (like a vw)?
Or are used cars included in the idea? If so...
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 07:13 PM   #9
Voda48
CF Lance Fan
 
Voda48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 1,278
I like StiMan's views about the German automotive industry. I think they build superb cars. I also love Italian vehicles as well. I will admit that the Asian vehicles do stand up very well. They are low maintainace and last forever. I am also impressed that Honda was able to get 210 HP out of a four-banger (s2000 another great car) Having to choose I would take the Euro cars over Asian however.
__________________
Here's my Website: Voda's Webpage It is in dire need of updating.
Voda48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 07:34 PM   #10
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voda48
I like StiMan's views about the German automotive industry. I think they build superb cars. I also love Italian vehicles as well. I will admit that the Asian vehicles do stand up very well. They are low maintainace and last forever. I am also impressed that Honda was able to get 210 HP out of a four-banger (s2000 another great car) Having to choose I would take the Euro cars over Asian however.
Yes...the S2000 is a very good car...in fact it is my wallpaper as we speak...I also have the STi Screensaver...the best of both worlds!
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 07:48 PM   #11
Voda48
CF Lance Fan
 
Voda48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 1,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Yes...the S2000 is a very good car...in fact it is my wallpaper as we speak...I also have the STi Screensaver...the best of both worlds!

You know I am a serious Impreza fan. I love the WRX and the STI made it even better. What really did it for me is that Lance is sponsered by Subi and I am a huge lance fan. Now if only I could get my 6'6" frame into an Impreza........
__________________
Here's my Website: Voda's Webpage It is in dire need of updating.
Voda48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 07:50 PM   #12
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voda48
Now if only I could get my 6'6" frame into an Impreza........
Just cut your shins off...then you wont into top of the car...
Did I help you or what?
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 08:00 PM   #13
SuperTad
CF Newbie
 
SuperTad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Or are used cars included in the idea? If so...

used is definately an option. me being young and all means my funds are hurtin alot...

what do you guys think of ebay motors as a source of used cars (and parts)?
__________________
super


"dey jus' don' get any betta dan dis..."
SuperTad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 08:00 PM   #14
Voda48
CF Lance Fan
 
Voda48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 1,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Just cut your shins off...then you wont into top of the car...
Did I help you or what?
Now how am I to work the clutch with stubs?????
__________________
Here's my Website: Voda's Webpage It is in dire need of updating.
Voda48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 09:02 PM   #15
Talon TSi
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voda48
Now how am I to work the clutch with stubs?????
my 6' 7'' cuz into a '93 RX-7 by gettin a racing seat that sat back a little further. but it would be way easier and less painful to just cut your feet off
Talon TSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.