Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2005, 01:25 AM   #61
What
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Costa Nocha
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinqyg
since when is a corvette small! from the reviews in the uk which i have read they dont seem very impressed.....
Yes, they are small. They are the same size or smaller than most of its "competitors" and other sports cars.
2005 Chevrolet Corvette
Curb Weight: 3245 lbs
Length: 174.6 in
Width: 72.6 in
Height: 49.1 in
Wheelbase: 105.7 in

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S
Curb Weight: 3290 lbs.
Length: 175.6 in
Width: 71.2 in
Height: 51.2 in
Wheelbase: 92.5 in

2003 Lamborghini Gallardo
Curb Weight: 3560 lbs
Length:169.3 in
Width:74.8 in
Height:45.9 in
Wheelbase:100.8 in

2005 Ferrari F430
Curb Weight: 3197 lbs
Length:177.6 in
Width:75.7 in
Height:47.8 in
Wheelbase:102.4 in

As you can see by this proof, the Corvette is the same size or smaller than the cars you probably consider to be "small". If you think the Corvette isn't small, then you don't think that either of these cars are small.

Also, European magazines give the Corvette a hard time because it's American. But they rate it fairly. "Top Gear" magazine killed the Corvette in the article, but rated it 4 out of 5 stars. Other European magazines rate it very highly also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinqyg
for less money you can have a EVO 340 which will trounce the C6 especally around bends....
There isn't a Lancer being produced that is cheaper than the Corvette that can beat it at a track. Yes, Evos put up handling figures that can "match" the Corvette, but it's lacking the Corvette's power. But you could argue that an Evo could "hang". But beat it? F*ck no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNiPeRViRuS
Not to mention that a Corvette is an American car. Who would rather drive an American car when they could get a car from Japan or Germany?

My advice to this guy is, to go and get a used Ferrari or Lamborghini on ebaymotors.
For the price range, there isn't ANY production car in the world that will be able to match the PERFORMANCE of the upcoming C6 Z06. If you can find a used Ferrari or Lamborghini under $75k, than you probably don't want it. You might find a used Ferrari 355 GTS, but remember that the car was made in 94'....10+ years before the C6 Z06. Technology has come a long way since 94'. Besides, even a C5 Z06 would stomp a 355. Hell, the C5 Z06 out-performs a Modena.

Get off of the "American cars suck" bullsh*t. That's so 90's. But I wouldn't expect SNiPeRViRuS to understand, you can't even f*cking drive yet.

Dumbass 13 year old bitch.


What is a sports car to you, cingyg?
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 06:03 PM   #62
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
I must say that I usually hate American Cars. I usually say that they are pieces of shit, but I think that the C6 is something that I could maybe live with. I must say that a STi is much more practical, it has 4 doors and other things, but for all out performance a C6 in the garage could be quite fun.
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 11:24 PM   #63
b_DuB13
CF Enthusiast
 
b_DuB13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: jacksonville fl
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by What
Get off of the "American cars suck" bullsh*t. That's so 90's.

Most american cars in my price range do suck. cavaliers, sunfires, basically every single sport compact that's domestic made, are pieces of slow, undependable shit. escorts? 2.0 DOHC sounds good, but man, those cars suck. a close friend of mine, Cliff, has one, and even he hates it.
I won't even start on how much I hate cavaliers.
plus, the domestic sport compacts that I CAN'T afford, such as the SRT-4, are extremely over priced, and you can get a much nicer, better, faster car for the cost of one of those.
well I wrote that half-essay whilst watching brain rotting MTV, so excuse it if it makes very little sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
I must say that I usually hate American Cars. I usually say that they are pieces of shit, but I think that the C6 is something that I could maybe live with. I must say that a STi is much more practical, it has 4 doors and other things, but for all out performance a C6 in the garage could be quite fun.

Shieeeet. I definetly wouldn't mind ANY brand new car in my garage, let alone a beautiful piece of machinery such as the C6.
But if I was a family guy, had a couple kids and what not, i'd probably also buy an STi, more room, more awe effect...
well like i said, i'm done ranting.
/essay
__________________
92 Isuzu Rodeo, RWD auto, 121,000ish miles.
(2) Kicker Comp 12inch subs in a huge, custom box. (1) JBL 600w (300w x 2) amp.
(2) Pioneer 6.5inch speakers in the rear, (2) 4.5ish speakers in the front.

PROJECT CAR:
1982 datsun 280zx
121,000 ish miles.
non turbo (for now)
3 speed auto (for now)
silver, black detail.
(pics soon)
b_DuB13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 02:16 AM   #64
cinqyg
CF Freak
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Midlands, England
Posts: 851
a small light car designed for performance,

Atom
Curb Weight: 456kg
Length: 3410mm
Width: 1798mm
Height: 1195
Wheelbase: 2345mm
Price: 30,000 GBP new
BHP: 300



Quote:
Originally Posted by What
Yes, they are small. They are the same size or smaller than most of its "competitors" and other sports cars.
2005 Chevrolet Corvette
Curb Weight: 3245 lbs
Length: 174.6 in
Width: 72.6 in
Height: 49.1 in
Wheelbase: 105.7 in

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S
Curb Weight: 3290 lbs.
Length: 175.6 in
Width: 71.2 in
Height: 51.2 in
Wheelbase: 92.5 in

2003 Lamborghini Gallardo
Curb Weight: 3560 lbs
Length:169.3 in
Width:74.8 in
Height:45.9 in
Wheelbase:100.8 in

2005 Ferrari F430
Curb Weight: 3197 lbs
Length:177.6 in
Width:75.7 in
Height:47.8 in
Wheelbase:102.4 in

As you can see by this proof, the Corvette is the same size or smaller than the cars you probably consider to be "small". If you think the Corvette isn't small, then you don't think that either of these cars are small.

Also, European magazines give the Corvette a hard time because it's American. But they rate it fairly. "Top Gear" magazine killed the Corvette in the article, but rated it 4 out of 5 stars. Other European magazines rate it very highly also.


There isn't a Lancer being produced that is cheaper than the Corvette that can beat it at a track. Yes, Evos put up handling figures that can "match" the Corvette, but it's lacking the Corvette's power. But you could argue that an Evo could "hang". But beat it? F*ck no.


For the price range, there isn't ANY production car in the world that will be able to match the PERFORMANCE of the upcoming C6 Z06. If you can find a used Ferrari or Lamborghini under $75k, than you probably don't want it. You might find a used Ferrari 355 GTS, but remember that the car was made in 94'....10+ years before the C6 Z06. Technology has come a long way since 94'. Besides, even a C5 Z06 would stomp a 355. Hell, the C5 Z06 out-performs a Modena.

Get off of the "American cars suck" bullsh*t. That's so 90's. But I wouldn't expect SNiPeRViRuS to understand, you can't even f*cking drive yet.

Dumbass 13 year old bitch.


What is a sports car to you, cingyg?
cinqyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 12:29 AM   #65
SNiPeRViRuS
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by What
Get off of the "American cars suck" bullsh*t. That's so 90's. But I wouldn't expect SNiPeRViRuS to understand, you can't even f*cking drive yet.

Dumbass 13 year old bitch.


What is a sports car to you, cingyg?

Thats not only 90s. Thats how it is today. Why dont you describe your sports car to me? At least my dad drives a sports car. I dont even think they let your type(the bitch type) near sports cars. And judging by they way your respond to posts, I doubt you are much older than me. In fact, I now doubt that you have even been inside of a car. Have you?
__________________
SNiPeRViRuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 12:12 PM   #66
cinqyg
CF Freak
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Midlands, England
Posts: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNiPeRViRuS
Thats not only 90s. Thats how it is today. Why dont you describe your sports car to me? At least my dad drives a sports car. I dont even think they let your type(the bitch type) near sports cars. And judging by they way your respond to posts, I doubt you are much older than me. In fact, I now doubt that you have even been inside of a car. Have you?


Naah never been in a car i hitch hike in 70's beetles and camper vans with daisys painted on them
cinqyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 03:53 PM   #67
SNiPeRViRuS
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 225
Hey pointless, I wasnt talking to you. I was talking to What.
__________________
SNiPeRViRuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 04:27 PM   #68
SuperJew
I like pie.
 
SuperJew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Suburbia Central, New York
Posts: 2,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinqyg
Naah never been in a car i hitch hike in 70's beetles and camper vans with daisys painted on them

hahahaha that was classic

oh and BTW cinqy - the atom isn't sold in the US. the only way i've heard of it is thru British car mags they sell over here.
__________________


CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 05:49 PM   #69
cinqyg
CF Freak
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Midlands, England
Posts: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
hahahaha that was classic

oh and BTW cinqy - the atom isn't sold in the US. the only way i've heard of it is thru British car mags they sell over here.


I think it is because they had to change the engine they used to acomadate part avaibility in the usa, probibly only though specialist dealers though.
cinqyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 05:31 AM   #70
SCARECRW
CF Newbie
 
SCARECRW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 20
Exclamation Ford

SPORTS CAR WELL TAKE A FORD FOR A DRIVE



__________________
SCARECRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 11:16 AM   #71
cinqyg
CF Freak
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Midlands, England
Posts: 851
A mustang is a performance coupe in my humble opinion not really a sports car.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARECRW
SPORTS CAR WELL TAKE A FORD FOR A DRIVE



cinqyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 12:33 PM   #72
Tyko
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 44
Mustangs will always be a decent ride for the price, but oh how I hate them lol. Theres just too many on the road for me as it is, just my opinion so any mature comments other than bs would be appreciated.
Tyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 08:52 PM   #73
cinqyg
CF Freak
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Midlands, England
Posts: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyko
Mustangs will always be a decent ride for the price, but oh how I hate them lol. Theres just too many on the road for me as it is, just my opinion so any mature comments other than bs would be appreciated.

there arnt that many here but i agree with the centiment
cinqyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 11:40 PM   #74
What
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Costa Nocha
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinqyg
A mustang is a performance coupe in my humble opinion not really a sports car.
I'll accept that, but the Corvette? You don't think the Corvette is a sports car either?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_DuB13
...every single sport compact that's domestic made, are pieces of slow...shit
The Dodge SRT-4 dominates its class in performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_DuB13
..plus, the domestic sport compacts that I CAN'T afford, such as the SRT-4, are extremely over priced, and you can get a much...faster car for the cost of one of those...
The Dodge SRT-4 is one of the cheapest in its class also, at $20,995. Its import competition that produces poorer performance than it cost slightly more.

2001 Acura RSX Type S
$23,500

2002 Toyota Celica GT-S
$22,040
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 01:22 AM   #75
cinqyg
CF Freak
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Midlands, England
Posts: 851
The corvette has tomany creature comforts to be a true sportscar.


Quote:
Originally Posted by What
I'll accept that, but the Corvette? You don't think the Corvette is a sports car either?


The Dodge SRT-4 dominates its class in performance.


The Dodge SRT-4 is one of the cheapest in its class also, at $20,995. Its import competition that produces poorer performance than it cost slightly more.

2001 Acura RSX Type S
$23,500

2002 Toyota Celica GT-S
$22,040
Its called import duty!
cinqyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
THE MOST EEElectrifying cars in sports car history Deepdish General Chat 74 04-13-2004 03:14 AM



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.