Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2007, 12:45 AM   #31
GGtc4
CF Newbie

thats true you get such increases with such little work on those cars i think im really leaning towards the sti plus my girlfriend loves it
GGtc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:58 AM   #32
rudypoochris
CF Enthusiast

You shouldn't be dissapointed.

Try them both though to be sure. My girl didn't like the WRX, I was surprised (I thought it was fine). She prefered driving a Mustang. She didn't like the shift feel or clutch weight(I agree on that one, it isn't as positive and the clutch is too light), the lack of torque in the low rev range, and the sound, but that is nit picking.
rudypoochris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 01:22 AM   #33
GGtc4
CF Newbie

shes use to a kinda stiff clutch she drives a cobalt ss fun little toy but she came with me to drive the gto and she said its fast but ugly then when she got in the sti she was like wow this thing is bbaaaaddd ass and i agree im just afraid that im gonna be mad at myself one day that i didnt have a v8 muscle car when i was a kid.. you know? one day ill have these toys but it wont be the same then
GGtc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 01:46 AM   #34
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGtc4
shes use to a kinda stiff clutch she drives a cobalt ss fun little toy but she came with me to drive the gto and she said its fast but ugly then when she got in the sti she was like wow this thing is bbaaaaddd ass and i agree im just afraid that im gonna be mad at myself one day that i didnt have a v8 muscle car when i was a kid.. you know? one day ill have these toys but it wont be the same then
STi for the win man. Its an awesome car
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 02:24 AM   #35
rudypoochris
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGtc4

Heh, my girl thought the clutch was too soft. I agree with her! Grab the STI then. Its a tough one. I think they are both kind of ugly. Stock the STI looks better, but some modifications to the GTO makes it look fine imho. Tough choice.
rudypoochris is offline   Reply With Quote