Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2007, 04:05 AM   #1
mountymaniac227
CF Newbie

Reckless driving ticket can someone help me with this i dont know what to expect

I recieved a reckless driving ticket last night for going 80 in a 55 and a state trooper was the one that got me i have a court date in january and i have no idea what to expect could someone help me with this how can i lessen my fine and suspension ??
mountymaniac227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 04:14 AM   #2
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountymaniac227
I recieved a reckless driving ticket last night for going 80 in a 55 and a state trooper was the one that got me i have a court date in january and i have no idea what to expect could someone help me with this how can i lessen my fine and suspension ??
i duno...i was doing 79.5 in the 55 and i only got charged for speeding...they knocked it down so i only got 3 points, which already expired
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 05:00 AM   #3
Bubba
null

I drive the posted speed limit. I haven't gotten pulled over yet

They enforce these funny laws for a reason.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:34 AM   #4
67Coronet383
CF Riff Master

I hate it when you drive according to the laws, and drive safely, and some people on the road seem to have a problem with it.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:49 AM   #5
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

If this is your first offense you can likely just be 100% honest when you go to court. I can almost guarantee that they'll knock it down. If you're a repeat offender then this may not help you. Actualy, it doesn't matter, if you were guilty admit it, pay the fine/suspension, and hopefully learn a lesson.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 07:56 AM   #6
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

Quote:

I don't know about your state, but in Pennsylvania "reckless driving" is a fairly serious offense. If this is your first offense, chances are a lawyer will be able to get you off the points/suspension and probably lessen your fine a bit. Lawyers don't come cheap, though.

Otherwise, I would just go to court and be honest. Depending on how old you are, if this is your first offense, and much more, chances are you'll face the fine only. Points will probably be reduced or dropped and I wouldn't worry about a suspension.
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:14 AM   #7
Montage
CF Newbie

in new jersey theres a no points process you can go through.. you pasically pay off your points.. you already have a court date so you wont have to pleed not guilty.. but when you go in you would talk to the prosicuter to see what you have to do to get no points or less.. sometimes theyll change the offense and you just pleed guilty.. it helps to know someone that is involved with the judicial system. ie. a cop.. but if not check into the no points process.. it can be expensive.. but your insurance wont go up
Montage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 04:48 PM   #8
67Coronet383
CF Riff Master

Quote:
What is your age?