Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2007, 04:40 AM   #1
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Outrageous!!!

Read this.

Apparently, in Britain, some Muslim patients want their beds rotated towards Mecca 5 times a day. As if there aren't already enough things for the doctors and nurses to do, now they have to rotate beds 5 times a day. Opinions?
Old 12-05-2007, 04:49 AM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer

That could only be demanded and granted here in the UK. This place has truely gone mad. I have nothing against helping people out and adhearing to certain beliefs etc, but this is just wrong. So if I was to go to a Muslim country at Christmas and break a leg, would I be offered a Christmas tree next to my hospital bed? Maybe it is all about political correctness, or maybe our Government is just scared of what they'll be called if they out their foot down!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 05:02 AM   #3
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
That could only be demanded and granted here in the UK. This place has truely gone mad. I have nothing against helping people out and adhearing to certain beliefs etc, but this is just wrong. So if I was to go to a Muslim country at Christmas and break a leg, would I be offered a Christmas tree next to my hospital bed? Maybe it is all about political correctness, or maybe our Government is just scared of what they'll be called if they out their foot down!
I think they fear more than just being called racist. Look at what France did, and the riots going on there.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:12 AM   #4
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

I don't really understand the Muslim religion, but couldn't they just point the beds towards Mecca the one time and leave them that way?

Either way, we shouldn't conform to them, they should conform to us. If that means moving Mecca five times a day, so be it.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:23 AM   #5
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
So if I was to go to a Muslim country at Christmas and break a leg, would I be offered a Christmas tree next to my hospital bed?
no, but they'd probably offer you a bible.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:32 AM   #6
-Ice-
CF Newbie

Well we can't blame them... It's religion anyway...
-Ice- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 06:50 PM   #7
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ice-
Well we can't blame them

wtf does that mean?

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:47 PM   #8
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
wtf does that mean?

It's a post-whore in the making who really doesn't have anything to say.

Anyways, I'm about fed up with all this "PC" bullshit. I'm sick of the minority groups having more power then the popular majority. It's pure trash that nurses should be pushing beds around to face Mecca five times a day. They have a lot better things to do with their time. Hell, is it even possible in some rooms to do it?(Regarding oxygen lines, power sources, monitors)

And then there's shit like "African-American", "Asian-American" and "Caucasian". Black, Brown, White, Olive, Green, Pink, Blue. How many African-Americans are truly from Africa anymore? Same with Asian-Americans? Not unless they recently immigrated. Hell, I'm 16th Gen Canadian, but come from Europe, maybe I should be called "Euro-American"!

Small stupid things, but goddamn they irritate me. Pray to whatever god you wish, speak whatever language you want - As long as you don't force the majority to have to make concessions just so you can do it. Hell, I can't even truly say "Merry Christmas" anymore without being Politically INcorrect. Christ, Canada has over 70% Roman Catholic or Protestant support. Meaning over 70% of the country celebrates Christmas. Now I'm being told I can't say "Merry Christmas" in public anymore? How ****ing queer is that?
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:57 PM   #9
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
It's a post-whore in the making who really doesn't have anything to say.

Anyways, I'm about fed up with all this "PC" bullshit. I'm sick of the minority groups having more power then the popular majority. It's pure trash that nurses should be pushing beds around to face Mecca five times a day. They have a lot better things to do with their time. Hell, is it even possible in some rooms to do it?(Regarding oxygen lines, power sources, monitors)

And then there's shit like "African-American", "Asian-American" and "Caucasian". Black, Brown, White, Olive, Green, Pink, Blue. How many African-Americans are truly from Africa anymore? Same with Asian-Americans? Not unless they recently immigrated. Hell, I'm 16th Gen Canadian, but come from Europe, maybe I should be called "Euro-American"!
Small stupid things, but goddamn they irritate me. Pray to whatever god you wish, speak whatever language you want - As long as you don't force the majority to have to make concessions just so you can do it. Hell, I can't even truly say "Merry Christmas" anymore without being Politically INcorrect. Christ, Canada has over 70% Roman Catholic or Protestant support. Meaning over 70% of the country celebrates Christmas. Now I'm being told I can't say "Merry Christmas" in public anymore? How ****ing queer is that?
Couldnt have said it better myself.
Speaking of Christmas, I was at a party last night and we were talking about the nutty minority groups, apparently somewhere in Australia, you are advised not to say "ho ho ho" because it could be offensive to women, and you may get sued....WHAT THE ****?? Or how about the story I read online some time ago where a man broke into a woman's house and while he was stealing, he cut his hand on some glass. He sued her, and won
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:49 PM   #10
fudge
let's fighting love

Quote:

There's shit like that because believe it or not race identifies and divides us, we are constantly aware of our ethinic origin from our families and from society. I get poeple asking me where you from then where you REALLY from because they pick you out even though you speak English fluently according to the local area. White people are not ethnic minorities in America so you're just reffered to as American. I'm absolutely sick of being called a chink but hey thats life.

And come on Chris, you could have gotten your information from a better place than the Daily Star. It's probably written by someone who hates muslims in general and want to generate more hatred towards them. My cousin is doing a placement in a hospital but he never hears nurses bitching about this. Ever wondered why crap like this stays in the tabloids next to the pictures of half nude ladies??
Old 12-05-2007, 11:58 PM   #11
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge
There's shit like that because believe it or not race identifies and divides us, we are constantly aware of our ethinic origin from our families and from society. I get poeple asking me where you from then where you REALLY from because they pick you out even though you speak English fluently according to the local area. White people are not ethnic minorities in America so you're just reffered to as American. I'm absolutely sick of being called a chink but hey thats life.

And come on Chris, you could have gotten your information from a better place than the Daily Star. It's probably written by someone who hates muslims in general and want to generate more hatred towards them. My cousin is doing a placement in a hospital but he never hears nurses bitching about this. Ever wondered why crap like this stays in the tabloids next to the pictures of half nude ladies??
I don't really know anything about the Daily Star...I just heard about it on another site. What about the Daily Express? They call themselves "The World's Greatest Newspaper" lol.

Here's something from Free Republic. Basically it says that nurses are being trained how to accommodate to the Muslim faith, and besides turning their beds towards Mecca, the nurses also have to warm water for bathing. It also adds that they already use Burka-styled gowns so doctors who operate/care for the patients don't see their faces.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:34 AM   #12
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
apparently somewhere in Australia, you are advised not to say "ho ho ho" because it could be offensive to women, and you may get sued....WHAT THE ****??
i doubt that very much ..... "ho" being a very American slur and all...
Old 12-06-2007, 12:54 AM   #13
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
i doubt that very much ..... "ho" being a very American slur and all...
I heard about that on the news a couple of weeks ago too. I won't be surprised if Santa Claus is banned from public areas next year.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22738300-2,00.html
Old 12-06-2007, 01:13 AM   #14
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
I heard about that on the news a couple of weeks ago too. I won't be surprised if Santa Claus is banned from public areas next year.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22738300-2,00.html

That gives a completely different reason for the change than the one provided by NY'er.

Proof, yet again, that stupidity is not a crime.
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 01:15 AM   #15
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
That gives a completely different reason for the change than the one provided by NY'er.

Proof, yet again, that stupidity is not a crime.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstein

BTW I'm not calling anyone stupid, I just like the quote lol.