Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2008, 04:58 AM   #1
elchango36
WWJCD

Talking elchango: Finally finished his photoshoot!!!! (56k=ok)

So it's been over a year since I did a photoshoot and there's a good reason for that. I've been really busy getting her to where I'm happy. And I'm glad to say she's so much closer now than she was back in May of '06. Some of the changes include complete new paint (finally fixed that rear panel and rust), lip, wheels, sidemarkers, engine bay makeover, etc.
The Old Gina

Introducing the new Gina...
(click on images for 1024x768 res)

Last edited by elchango36 : 01-02-2008 at 05:02 AM.
elchango36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:59 AM   #2
elchango36
WWJCD

Old 01-02-2008, 04:59 AM   #3
elchango36
WWJCD

1994 Honda Civic VX

Engine /Drivetrain:

JDM B16A
Home-made Short ram air Intake
DC 4-1 Headers
MSD SCI, MSD Blaster Coil, MSD 8.5mm plug wires, NGK plugs
SNL Twin-Loop Muffler
Flowmaster High Flow Cat
Custom 2.5 in. Exhaust piping from flex pipe-back
ACT Bronze Clutch
Polyurethane Engine Mount Inserts
Powdercoated Valve Cover Wrinkle Red with polished letters
NRG Carbon Fiber wire cove

Chassis/Suspension:
H and R Race Springs
Koni Yellows
Function7 rear LCAs
Skunk2 front upper control arms
GSR front lower control arms (sway bars coming soon)

Wheels and Rubber:
15 in. Konig Britelites wrapped in Falken Ziex ZE912's (195/50R15)

Exterior:
NH0 Championship White Paint
JDM SH!t WWRS Style Front Lip
JDM Vision corners
Red/White Taillights
JDM OEM Wing
JDM OEM Amber Sidemarkers

Interior:
JDM OEM Gauges
JDM OEM Clock
JDM OEM ITR Shift boot
DIY amber defroster switch
GSR black Leather Seats
GSR Armrest
Full Black interior swap (almost complete)
Skunk2 Dual bend short shifter and Skunk2 weighted shift knob
Sony CDX-GT7100 Head unit with Ipod capability (Sony XA-110IP)
Pioneer 400W 4 channel amp
12 Kenwood 600W max subwoofer in sealed box
Kenwood 6ís up front, Panasonic 6x9ís in the rear

Comments Welcome!

Last edited by elchango36 : 01-02-2008 at 05:09 AM.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:50 AM   #4
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Not that it looked bad a year and a half ago, but it looks great now!
Old 01-02-2008, 07:53 AM   #5
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Looks awesome, but can you adjust the hood so its flush with the fenders? It looks a hair too low. For such a clean, tight car, thats my only beef.

Also, interior pics?
Old 01-02-2008, 08:16 AM   #6
newyorker
MXman

Looks very good what do the wheels weigh I need some cheapish track wheels for next season and i dont trust rotas (heard stories about them breaking on the track) and gramlites and traklites are too much $$ for my blood. Thanks and keep up the work
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:35 AM   #7
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Looks great.

And new yorker a friend of mine runs some koseis for the track on his miata, they are pretty damn light and he pick them up REAL CHEAP.

Find some used gram lites. My buddy grabbed some to put the slicks on for the tC. 400 for a set of 4 in mint condition./
Old 01-02-2008, 09:24 AM   #8
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
Looks great.

And new yorker a friend of mine runs some koseis for the track on his miata, they are pretty damn light and he pick them up REAL CHEAP.

Find some used gram lites. My buddy grabbed some to put the slicks on for the tC. 400 for a set of 4 in mint condition./
Gram Lites arent cheap to come about, especially in the lug pattern/offset I want and size (I will probbably be running with a wilwood or brembo big brake kit up front and some ep3 rear disks), so I am looking for a 16x7 with a 205 50 16 tire, and im not sure what offset it needs to be to clear the brakes up front, plus the cost of tires (which I am still undecided on, but either the re01, rt615, or re070, if I can get them in that size, the re070 might not be made that small). Generally gramlites around here are 500-600 a set, at least. Kosei K1 are a very popular choice and can be had pretty cheap, but it seems like everyone runs on them..I want a functional wheel but I dont want to be like every other person at the track. Id love to get the Enkei RPF1 because I think they personally look amazing, and are only 13.5lbs IIRC in the 16x7, but they are a bit pricey, 199 a corner i recall. I might have to go out to a few winter autocross events and see if people are selling anything, and I am interviewing with a rather expensive car dealership for a job hopefully saturday, they are interested in me, so I will see perhaps they can get me some things at "dealer price" even though I dont think they deal with any aftermarket...I might try to snag that little sponsorsip out of them at least, if they can cover anything even slightly I am happy with that, hell even one set of free tires per season would be a world of difference seeing as a single day at the track is 275, if you have your own helmet lol I can go on and on. I am just looking at different setups right now, I have all winter to dwell on it, and since I dont plan to do road racing this year I have the extra time to practice more in autocross and get some attention. I will see how I am doing mid season, if I can snag a 1.8 miata for cheap, I will just do the wheels/tires/brakes/etc. on that instead, seeing as it would prove more rewarding on a miata than my civic

sorry for block text, its late

Old 01-03-2008, 12:00 AM   #9
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

You want something Cheap but you want to be diff. There lies the problem, the cheap stuff that works is popular for those very reasons.

How large is the rotor you want to run up front?
Old 01-03-2008, 12:10 AM   #10
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Not that it looked bad a year and a half ago, but it looks great now!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
Looks awesome, but can you adjust the hood so its flush with the fenders? It looks a hair too low. For such a clean, tight car, thats my only beef.

Also, interior pics?

Interior pics are coming as soon as I have some time to mess around with my camera. I took some pics but didn't like any single one so I'm going to do them over. As for the hood, I'll bring it back once I install the front "H" emblem I got for Christmas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Looks very good what do the wheels weigh I need some cheapish track wheels for next season and i dont trust rotas (heard stories about them breaking on the track) and gramlites and traklites are too much $$ for my blood. Thanks and keep up the work

Thank you. The wheels weigh 12.6 lbs, they're a little heavier than my old Rotas which weighed around 10 lbs. As Enthusiast said, cheap and different don't exist. The cheaper the wheel, the more people rock them. Hence why Rota's and Drag wheels are so popular.

Quote:
Looks great.

Thanks.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:07 AM   #11
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
You want something Cheap but you want to be diff. There lies the problem, the cheap stuff that works is popular for those very reasons.

How large is the rotor you want to run up front?
Yea I know lol its gona be hard. The HP brake kit is 12.5, says that it requires a 17 inch wheel so thats out. I emailed my guy eddie, he still hasnt gotten back to me about the wilwood and powerslot kits. A lot of people say that even if I run with brembo blanks up front and EBC/Hawk pads, and an EP3 swap in the rear with the same rotor and pad I wont get brake fade anyway.

I found this as well, Dezod does a lot of work with cars that are usually "hard to find" stuff for, but its a bit much money

http://www.dezod.com/pd_brembo_sport_brake_kit.cfm

As far as wheels, its a pain in the ass because I dont know if I should trust rota and drag or not, I can get them for 300 a set through some connection, and the rt615 tires are 92 a piece from the same guy, g-Force r1 are only 168, and advan a048 medium or medium hard are 151 a piece, but they can only get them in a 205 55 16, I wanted to run a 205 50 16, I dont know how much or how little that will change the performance.

Then again I might be able to get away with a 225 tire on the track because Pocono raceway doesnt have any turns where I will hit full lock anyway, so rubbing shouldnt be too big an issue...i hope..cause wider with the same series sidewall the sidewall is still gona be a bit bigger, and I hope it doenst rub the perch on the strut, or rub in the back, I dont want to run staggered tires

Last edited by newyorker : 01-03-2008 at 01:10 AM.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:57 PM   #12
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Damn ElChingy Gina looks absolutely gorgeous! That is by far the cleanest Civic I have seen in a long time.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:31 AM   #13
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
Damn ElChingy Gina looks absolutely gorgeous! That is by far the cleanest Civic I have seen in a long time.
Thanks Steven! Nice to see this thread get back on topic.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:01 PM   #14
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Yea I know lol its gona be hard. The HP brake kit is 12.5, says that it requires a 17 inch wheel so thats out. I emailed my guy eddie, he still hasnt gotten back to me about the wilwood and powerslot kits. A lot of people say that even if I run with brembo blanks up front and EBC/Hawk pads, and an EP3 swap in the rear with the same rotor and pad I wont get brake fade anyway.

I found this as well, Dezod does a lot of work with cars that are usually "hard to find" stuff for, but its a bit much money

http://www.dezod.com/pd_brembo_sport_brake_kit.cfm

As far as wheels, its a pain in the ass because I dont know if I should trust rota and drag or not, I can get them for 300 a set through some connection, and the rt615 tires are 92 a piece from the same guy, g-Force r1 are only 168, and advan a048 medium or medium hard are 151 a piece, but they can only get them in a 205 55 16, I wanted to run a 205 50 16, I dont know how much or how little that will change the performance.

Then again I might be able to get away with a 225 tire on the track because Pocono raceway doesnt have any turns where I will hit full lock anyway, so rubbing shouldnt be too big an issue...i hope..cause wider with the same series sidewall the sidewall is still gona be a bit bigger, and I hope it doenst rub the perch on the strut, or rub in the back, I dont want to run staggered tires

I Love the R1s they are a hell of a tire and provide TONS of GRIP. Especially in the 315/35/17 flavor haha.

The a048s are pretty badass too, Ive never had much firsthand experienc with them as mostly import guys use them, but Ive read some reviews and they are probably right up there with the R1. Doesnt the elise come with them? Or maybe Im thinkin of the wrong tire.

A taller tire will give you a taller effective gearing. But theoretically there is only a ~10mm difference in height of the two size you posted, so I seriously doubt you would notice.

Id probably just go with whichever one I could get for cheapest, they are both going to be a hell of a tire and I doubt you are good enough to fully explore the slight advantage one may have over the other.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:07 PM   #15
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
I Love the R1s they are a hell of a tire and provide TONS of GRIP. Especially in the 315/35/17 flavor haha.

The a048s are pretty badass too, Ive never had much firsthand experienc with them as mostly import guys use them, but Ive read some reviews and they are probably right up there with the R1. Doesnt the elise come with them? Or maybe Im thinkin of the wrong tire.

A taller tire will give you a taller effective gearing. But theoretically there is only a ~10mm difference in height of the two size you posted, so I seriously doubt you would notice.

Id probably just go with whichever one I could get for cheapest, they are both going to be a hell of a tire and I doubt you are good enough to fully explore the slight advantage one may have over the other.
Only thing I am concerned about with the R comps is the wear time...I would like a set to last me about 7-10 track days, dont know how many laps I will be running, and I dont know if I should get them heat cycled or just slap em on