Hoping someone can point me in the right direction here.
- 2002 Chrysler Neon, 70K
- car came to me with an aftermarket stereo, went to change to a different aftermarket stereo
- found that previous owner, in his infinite wisdom, cut the stock wiring harness, and hardwired everything
- had some difficulty getting new stereo to power on; ended up blowing/replacing the radio fuse. in trying to get it working, started/stopped engine multiple times.
- got stereo working, went to start car, went through 3 start/stall cycles, and now car refuses to start.
when trying to start:
- Battery light comes in immediately
- no clicking from the starter motor
checked battery, it's putting out 12.3 volts, as it should.
I have all headlights, interior lights, dash, etc. working as it should.
also, car will not jump-start.
Personally I'm afraid I messed up either some ignition parts or the starter relay by starting/stopping the engine multiple times...but, obviously, what the hell do I know.
What do you guys think I did to eff up my car?
Thanks in advance,