Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2008, 02:24 AM   #16
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
Guys, guys, relax...it's a regular ricer transition. Eventually they see that their cars suck and think they have to go to big American muscle to make up for their wrongs.

I think he's being serial.
Nope...you guys really cant comprehend a question im surprised some of you figured out how to register for this forum
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 05:29 AM   #17
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Seriosly that car will SUCK.

The NA mod motors BLOW. Then your buying a 2 valve, which are even more pitiful. I dont even think the 98s are the PI heads, which are insanely scktacular.

Dont buy the car, it will be EXTREMELY slow til you get pretty far into mods.
I watched a car JUST like this get walked by and intake and exhaust automatic scion tC, call BS all you want but it happened twice in a row, once from a roll once from a dig.

And why trade your car when you have a K series on order, which will be delivered in justa few months?
Old 01-21-2008, 05:31 AM   #18
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Oh and youll love working on the mod motors in those cars. IT SUCKS. I can do timing belts on most hondas in under an hour.

I wont even attempt to install LT headers on a SN95 or new platform. Screw it. Those motors suck to work on and the power you get from mods make it even less worth it.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:57 AM   #19
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
Seriosly that car will SUCK.

The NA mod motors BLOW. Then your buying a 2 valve, which are even more pitiful. I dont even think the 98s are the PI heads, which are insanely scktacular.

Dont buy the car, it will be EXTREMELY slow til you get pretty far into mods.
I watched a car JUST like this get walked by and intake and exhaust automatic scion tC, call BS all you want but it happened twice in a row, once from a roll once from a dig.

And why trade your car when you have a K series on order, which will be delivered in justa few months?
That order got cancelled and I got my deposit money back...had a change of heart and dedcided that school payments were more important than an engine, and would save me from loans in the future.

Old 01-21-2008, 06:19 AM   #20
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Nope...you guys really cant comprehend a question im surprised some of you figured out how to register for this forum
The only question you actually asked was:
Quote:
Also, how does the 4.6 liter v8 compare to the 5.0 from the previous stangs
You never actually asked anything about the trade, despite saying "the reason i ask".

How's that for comprehension?
Old 01-21-2008, 07:27 AM   #21
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
The only question you actually asked was:

You never actually asked anything about the trade, despite saying "the reason i ask".

How's that for comprehension?
No, I asked if anyone has any knowledge about that mustang...funny how everything has to be specifically pointed out to you, and that you cant understand an implied question in something

Old 01-21-2008, 07:56 AM   #22
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
No, I asked if anyone has any knowledge about that mustang...funny how everything has to be specifically pointed out to you, and that you cant understand an implied question in something
so, what you're saying is that your idea of "reading comprehension" is me being able to understand what you're saying, even when you don't say it.

Don't bitch about people not answering a question never asked. Sure, maybe there was a question implied there, but what about my question? Okay, I'll word it a bit more nicely.

What has happened to change your mind regarding domestic cars?
Old 01-21-2008, 09:04 AM   #23
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
so, what you're saying is that your idea of "reading comprehension" is me being able to understand what you're saying, even when you don't say it.

Don't bitch about people not answering a question never asked. Sure, maybe there was a question implied there, but what about my question? Okay, I'll word it a bit more nicely.

What has happened to change your mind regarding domestic cars?
I did say it.

Nothing really changed my mind, I still think they are rattly, and not very well made aside from the engine and drivetrain, and are not engineered up to par with their Japanese and European competitors, but they are things I can live with given the performance that a GT offers..unforunately like Enthusiast said, that 4.6 isnt the best to mod, plus the car is already gone nor is it an all season driver because the back end is light as all shit. Working at a dealership now, I can get a lot of experienced feedback on my choices as far as quality and such go since my boss has been doin his job for quite some time, but its up to me to reach out and get more info cause hes in his 50s and doesnt know shit about modding, he just has his 911 turbo and hes OK lol

Old 01-21-2008, 09:13 AM   #24
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
I did say it.

Nothing really changed my mind, I still think they are rattly, and not very well made aside from the engine and drivetrain, and are not engineered up to par with their Japanese and European competitors, but they are things I can live with given the performance that a GT offers..unforunately like Enthusiast said, that 4.6 isnt the best to mod, plus the car is already gone nor is it an all season driver because the back end is light as all shit. Working at a dealership now, I can get a lot of experienced feedback on my choices as far as quality and such go since my boss has been doin his job for quite some time, but its up to me to reach out and get more info cause hes in his 50s and doesnt know shit about modding, he just has his 911 turbo and hes OK lol
so the domestic's superior performance changed your mind?

Last edited by windsonian : 01-21-2008 at 01:38 PM.
windsonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 05:13 PM   #25
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
so the domestic's superior performance changed your mind?
Its not their superior performance, they certainly dont all outperform other cars, but with cars like the new Saturn Aura, and the F150 being a very solid truck, I duno I just kinda opened my eyes and realized that not all of them are piles of shit

Old 01-21-2008, 07:44 PM   #26
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Quote:
I did say it.

Your retarded.

The mustang is a fine all season driver, if you dont act stupid. All these people bitch about RWD in the rain and snow, and FWD is better. FWD is only a crutch so people can act stupid in bad weather and stay out of trouble.

My car has always had UHPS tires or better on it and I drive it no matter what. Even in light snow it is no problem.

If your worried about driving it in the winter, stay with FWD. Youll hurt yourself with a real car.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:45 PM   #27
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Quote:
Its not their superior performance, they certainly dont all outperform other cars, but with cars like the new Saturn Aura, and the F150 being a very solid truck, I duno I just kinda opened my eyes and realized that not all of them are piles of shit

Plain and simple domestic performance cars can go faster for the same invested in an import.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:34 AM   #28
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Plain and simple domestic performance cars can go faster for the same invested in an import.
No im sure an NSX with the money invested to match the price of a corvette will demolish it

Old 01-22-2008, 03:35 AM   #29
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Your retarded.

The mustang is a fine all season driver, if you dont act stupid. All these people bitch about RWD in the rain and snow, and FWD is better. FWD is only a crutch so people can act stupid in bad weather and stay out of trouble.

My car has always had UHPS tires or better on it and I drive it no matter what. Even in light snow it is no problem.

If your worried about driving it in the winter, stay with FWD. Youll hurt yourself with a real car.
I talked to a guy who is on his 6th mustang already (and this is the second cobra) and he said that even the v6 ones are not drivable in the snow, he tried every year and they didnt move. You live in texas where it snows every time president bush makes a smart statement, I live in PA where it snows every winter, and sometimes hard too

Old 01-22-2008, 03:36 AM   #30
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
No im sure an NSX with the money invested to match the price of a corvette will demolish it
Yeah, but for the price of a 2005 NSX, I could buy 2 2005 Corvettes lol.