Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 11:23 PM   #1
exalteduser
CF Newbie

Question brake wear issues...

Im having a brake wear issue, it keeps happening to me over and over, where on both sides of the car the pad by the tire wears to the metal and the pad closer to engine is brand new still. The rotors are fine, fairly new. not grooved or warped.

so last time I bought new calipers, new slide bolts for the calipers, new brake lines, and the pads in august 06, so 1.5 years ago. all greased properly.

now here it is just a year later, and the brake pads are oddly worn again, with the pad nearest the tire being gone and the one nearest the engine still new. I am at a total loss as to why this is happening. I do not ride the brakes or drive crazy. also i have replaced shoes and wheel cylinders on rear so those are fine. help!

btw 1990 cavilier 4 door
Old 02-26-2008, 09:20 PM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by exalteduser
Im having a brake wear issue, it keeps happening to me over and over, where on both sides of the car the pad by the tire wears to the metal and the pad closer to engine is brand new still. The rotors are fine, fairly new. not grooved or warped.

so last time I bought new calipers, new slide bolts for the calipers, new brake lines, and the pads in august 06, so 1.5 years ago. all greased properly.

now here it is just a year later, and the brake pads are oddly worn again, with the pad nearest the tire being gone and the one nearest the engine still new. I am at a total loss as to why this is happening. I do not ride the brakes or drive crazy. also i have replaced shoes and wheel cylinders on rear so those are fine. help!

btw 1990 cavilier 4 door
Please don't cross-post between forum sections in future!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Closed Thread