Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2006, 06:37 AM   #1
neil3184
CF Newbie

Hood Scoops

Any help on this topic would be great. (I no its kinda a involved question but i do need help)
I want to buy a hood scoop for my car (2000 grand am). So i was telling my friend about it and he told me how thier are a bunch of different kinds I didn't know that. He mentioned a Cowell Induction or a Ram Air hood and said i can also get them made from different material like fiberglass and such. So what kinds are out thier and what's the main difference.
neil3184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 12:56 PM   #2
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars

You can just get one of those fake glue-on ones from autozone

Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 02:15 AM   #3
neil3184
CF Newbie

OH really thanks, you ****ing asshole. I joined this site hopeing to learn some new shit but I guess you all are just a bunch of assholes, if i new everything about cars i wouldn't of joined this site, all i wanted was a little help and guidance and all i get is a half ass answer so **** this site. You are all a bunch of stuck up ****ing assholes who need learn that some people dont know everything about cars and learn to help people, **** you guys im out.
neil3184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 02:19 AM   #4
True_Brit
Has a new job!

WOW!
he didnt need to say that, after all, look at what bronxie has under his name

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 02:30 AM   #5
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil3184
OH really thanks, you ****ing asshole. I joined this site hopeing to learn some new shit but I guess you all are just a bunch of assholes, if i new everything about cars i wouldn't of joined this site, all i wanted was a little help and guidance and all i get is a half ass answer so **** this site. You are all a bunch of stuck up ****ing assholes who need learn that some people dont know everything about cars and learn to help people, **** you guys im out.
Well, we don't want you here...to be honest, you're the one that's stuck up, by suming the whole of CF up by one response to your thread...Good going...

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:19 AM   #6
nate wesselink
CF Newbie

regardless of what the other guys said if your wallets a little bit thicker that most guys who improve there car i would personally go with carbon fiber its strong lightweight but a bit on the expensive side personally i would buy a replacement hood that already has a hood scoop on it just make shure it fits right because you dont want to cut it if it gets into your skin it hurts worse than gettin kicked in the nuts believe me i know i grabbed one that broke and it hurt like hell and it itches way worse than fiberglass
Old 11-21-2006, 03:16 PM   #7
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars

Wow I was kidding. Looks like you need a time-out.

Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 03:32 PM   #8
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

I honestly don't think a glue on would be that bad of an idea. I don't see his car greatly benefiting from a real ram air hood performance-wise. Seems like $ down the drain to me. If you want it to look real good it's going to cost some decent bread, just doesn't seem worth it to em for a 2000 Grand Am.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 07:21 PM   #9
smallangryneon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil3184
Any help on this topic would be great. (I no its kinda a involved question but i do need help)
I want to buy a hood scoop for my car (2000 grand am). So i was telling my friend about it and he told me how their are a bunch of different kinds I didn't know that. He mentioned a Cowell Induction or a Ram Air hood and said i can also get them made from different material like fiberglass and such. So what kinds are out thier and what's the main difference.
Dude, that response to Bronxie was totally uncalled for ... and your car's a peice of shit anyway, there's no reason not to give it a fake air scoop. Putting a good fiberglass scoop on a grand am would be like putting $300 running shoes on a paralyzed man.
Bonus--they're only 20 bucks or so.
smallangryneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 07:44 PM   #10
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallangryneon
Dude, that response to Bronxie was totally uncalled for ... and your car's a peice of shit anyway, there's no reason not to give it a fake air scoop. Putting a good fiberglass scoop on a grand am would be like putting $300 running shoes on a paralyzed man.
Bonus--they're only 20 bucks or so.

im not gonna tell you off for that, im just gonna wait till someone else does

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 08:43 PM   #11
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate wesselink
regardless of what the other guys said if your wallets a little bit thicker that most guys who improve there car i would personally go with carbon fiber its strong lightweight but a bit on the expensive side personally i would buy a replacement hood that already has a hood scoop on it just make shure it fits right because you dont want to cut it if it gets into your skin it hurts worse than gettin kicked in the nuts believe me i know i grabbed one that broke and it hurt like hell and it itches way worse than fiberglass
I'd be a bit reluctant about getting carbon fiber...it scratches really easily.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:27 PM   #12
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk
im not gonna tell you off for that, im just gonna wait till someone else does
What part were you refering to? I didn't particularly like what he wrote, mainly because he's opening old wounds so to speak. I guess the bit about trainers on a paralysed man is inapropriate....and the car being a POS?..lol, what the hell, I'll ignor him this time...

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Old 11-30-2006, 11:31 PM   #13
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
What part were you refering to? I didn't particularly like what he wrote, mainly because he's opening old wounds so to speak. I guess the bit about trainers on a paralysed man is inapropriate....and the car being a POS?..lol, what the hell, I'll ignor him this time...
I thought it was because he said "putting $300 running shoes on a paralyzed man."
What? So it's okay to do that for a woman? JP
Old 11-30-2006, 11:36 PM   #14
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
I thought it was because he said "putting $300 running shoes on a paralyzed man."
What? So it's okay to do that for a woman? JP
lol....

Old 12-01-2006, 01:13 AM   #15
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

well sort of because he drives an old neon and he is saying a grand am is a POS

thats like me saying someones 300C is a POS

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote