Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2004, 03:30 AM   #1
aerith
@#$%ing bored out of mind

Lancer Evolution 8.5MR

Any news on the 8.5 MR? There is information on the Japanese Mitsubishi Motors site. But its in japanese, ahhaha. And anyone know if Mitsubishi is really going to discontinue the Lancer Evolution at 8.5? Rumors are that they are renaming the line Colt Evolution, but i am not sure, there are some pictures around the net.
aerith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 03:37 AM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerith
Any news on the 8.5 MR? There is information on the Japanese Mitsubishi Motors site. But its in japanese, ahhaha. And anyone know if Mitsubishi is really going to discontinue the Lancer Evolution at 8.5? Rumors are that they are renaming the line Colt Evolution, but i am not sure, there are some pictures around the net.
That's the first I've heard of it myself, however, I think 'Colt Evolution' has a certain ring to it, dont you?

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 03:44 AM   #3
aerith
@#$%ing bored out of mind

hahah, does have its own certain ring. But where will all the numbers go? Do we have to start at Colt Evolution I ??? The 8.5MR is supposed to be released soon, or has already been released in select countries. I am not sure. But it officially runs 300horses under the hood. With slightly better aesthetics, like a black and grey interior colour scheme instead of the ugly current blue and grey.
aerith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 01:12 PM   #4
Smiwee
CF Newbie

Yea the evo 8.5 we got them here in new zealnd a month ago just a few minor differences between that and the evo 8 but its really jus the same as the evo 8rs just like on a game sort of a patch
Smiwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 02:47 PM   #5
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R

here you are guys.......a came across this a while back. took me some time to find the correct site agian. its got pictures and information on it inlcuding a road test a think.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/preview...y.php?id=42900

what do i have to do to change form a CFnewbie to something else? am tierd of being a newbie now, ive been coming on this damn thing everyday and answering and posting replies every time. please help us out.

enjoy the read!
WeaponR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 03:57 PM   #6
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponR
what do i have to do to change form a CFnewbie to something else? am tierd of being a newbie now, ive been coming on this damn thing everyday and answering and posting replies every time.

We were all a newbie at one time or another...

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 04:03 PM   #7
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
what do i have to do to change form a CFnewbie to something else? am tierd of being a newbie now, ive been coming on this damn thing everyday and answering and posting replies every time. please help us out.

Once you hit 100 posts I believe it changes to CF regular. Once you hit 500 posts you can make it whatever you want.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 07:31 PM   #8
abless
CF Anti-Mullet

I bought "Motor Trend" and they have some rumors surrounding the Evo 9, so I doubt they are stopping at 8.5. They also have and Evo 8 RS, which is stripped down to reduce weight, suspension is tightened, etc.