Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2008, 05:26 AM   #46
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Just throwing this out there...Suppose instead of 2, it was a 3 liter engine. Would that really add a lot of weight/make the engine too big? It's like 250cc (a juice box) more per cylinder...
Old 03-19-2008, 05:52 AM   #47
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

I imagine they would have to increase the size of the block a good bit. Just a little in every direction, but it could add up.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:38 PM   #48
newyorker
MXman

Just drove an 01 Cobra for work and I gotta say im not too impressed. The clutch is heavy as all hell, when cold it grinds into reverse, the shifter feels kinda detached and heavy, car takes forever to get to redline compared to others....not a fan, love the look of it though and the sound is beautiful
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:26 AM   #49
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Just drove an 01 Cobra for work and I gotta say im not too impressed. The clutch is heavy as all hell, when cold it grinds into reverse, the shifter feels kinda detached and heavy, car takes forever to get to redline compared to others....not a fan, love the look of it though and the sound is beautiful

Thats because mustangs suck. haha.

The Na 4Vs really run like shit until you gear then. They are pretty darn sprightly when you throw some 4:10s in though.

the 95-04 (outside of terminators) mustangs have a horrible tranny. The clutch is ridiculously heavy (and Im used to driving a Built t56 with a 750ftlb clutch) and yes the shifter feels like shit. I wouldnt mind a cobra but the first thing I would do would be a T56 swap.

Like you said though they sure are pretty, saw one ar the movied yesterday with bullet knockoff with about a 1.5 to 2 inch lip all around, slammed to the ground with no spoiler and every light was smoked, oh and it was a white car with center of the wheels painted black. Looked very nice.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:28 AM   #50
Guru
CF Newbie

I know company cars are so much fun! Usually they are really nice and fun to ride in when you aren't driving your own car! haha...

But you guys have REALLY nice company cars what types of positions do you have to use it.
Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:50 AM   #51
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru
I know company cars are so much fun! Usually they are really nice and fun to ride in when you aren't driving your own car! haha...

But you guys have REALLY nice company cars what types of positions do you have to use it.
Customer pickups, taking them to/from shops/places...its fun

Old 03-21-2008, 06:19 PM   #52
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

Quote:
Customer pickups, taking them to/from shops/places...its fun

Two completely unrelated things.

1) Is this the same job as you had a while ago? The one where you picked up cars and put them on ebay, etc. Sounds different.

2) I find it comical how you refused to put your receipt on the Japan-shipped engine because you didn't want people knowing your name and a month later, put your full name into your sig.
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 06:30 PM   #53
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
2) I find it comical how you refused to put your receipt on the Japan-shipped engine because you didn't want people knowing your name and a month later, put your full name into your sig.
No he didnt want to put it up cause it didnt exist.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:24 AM   #54
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
Two completely unrelated things.

1) Is this the same job as you had a while ago? The one where you picked up cars and put them on ebay, etc. Sounds different.

1. Yes this is the same job. I do a little bit of everything, mostly photographing and listing cars on eBay and the site, but occasionally I will drive them to/from shops, to/from auctions, use them for customer pickups at the airport/train station. I also try to find new customers for them as well, if I know someone looking for a car I send them to us, I get to do a little bit of everything so its nice not to have to do the same thing every day.

2. There is a difference between me posting my bank/credit card info and my name.

Old 03-22-2008, 03:49 AM   #55
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Drove a DC5 today. Wasnt impressed, rather slow and gay.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:17 AM   #56
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
Drove a DC5 today. Wasnt impressed, rather slow and gay.
What an awesome reason for not liking a car..."it was gay"..what are you, ****ing 12??

Old 03-22-2008, 05:10 AM   #57
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
What an awesome reason for not liking a car..."it was gay"..what are you, ****ing 12??

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showp...55&postcount=3

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showp...48&postcount=2

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showp...12&postcount=2

Three recent examples where you so eloquently offered your opinion. And you have the balls to sit there and call someone else immature?
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 05:25 AM   #58
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showp...55&postcount=3

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showp...48&postcount=2

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showp...12&postcount=2

Three recent examples where you so eloquently offered your opinion. And you have the balls to sit there and call someone else immature?
"looks like shit" and "looks like asshole" is the same as saying "looks bad"...what is "the car is gay"...in this day and age the word gay can mean literally anything...does he mean the car was happy or homosexual towards other hondas...did a dildo pop up from the seat and poke him?

Old 03-22-2008, 07:19 AM   #59
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
"looks like shit" and "looks like asshole" is the same as saying "looks bad"...what is "the car is gay"...in this day and age the word gay can mean literally anything...does he mean the car was happy or homosexual towards other hondas...did a dildo pop up from the seat and poke him?

Those are poor rationalizations, very poor infact. You tossed those three vehicles aside purely based on the fact that they "look like asshole". That's just as inane as someone tossing aside a car for it being "gay". And I'm sorry, but generally when someone says a car is gay, something being shoved up ones ass isn't the first thing that comes to mind...
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:09 AM   #60
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Quote:

Should have been there it was rather gay. I think most of it involved the falace (sp?) shaped emblem on it.