Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2008, 08:34 AM   #1
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-
 
Mathew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,053
We just got the new M3 in...pics!

Just came in today....its...a sexy beast.

And I got to PDI the first one! Go me!

Some pics of it on my hoist. (excuse the phone camera quality!)









__________________

Last edited by Mathew : 03-07-2008 at 08:39 AM.
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:38 AM   #2
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer
 
dodgerforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Farm in Saskatchewan...
Posts: 2,202
Overall..quick glance shows a clean and classy car.



Closer look.

Too much plastic under the hood. **** that cowl, show me the engine baby!

Rims...you're paying how much for that car? How about something more then 10-spoke split...


M3 badging/cut behind front wheels. Nice. Enough said.

Lines. Clean.

Roof & Body seperate colours. Not so keen on it.



I think maybe some real world shots from an owner might do it better justice, especially with a better camera.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 11:23 AM   #3
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-
 
Mathew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
Overall..quick glance shows a clean and classy car.



Closer look.

Too much plastic under the hood. **** that cowl, show me the engine baby!

Rims...you're paying how much for that car? How about something more then 10-spoke split...


M3 badging/cut behind front wheels. Nice. Enough said.

Lines. Clean.

Roof & Body seperate colours. Not so keen on it.



I think maybe some real world shots from an owner might do it better justice, especially with a better camera.

Not arguing your points, just a different point of view,

The cowl on top of the engine is mostly covering the intake system. So its not really hiding anything. Interesting point, the left hood intake is functional, it connects directly with the massive air box. The right intake is for show.

The wheels. I agree. They could have done better. However, performance will be top notch. I haven't got one off a car yet, but I'm betting they weigh nothing.

The roof is made of carbon fibre. This is to lower the center of gravity. Yes they could have painted it, but I think they wanted to show it off. I think it looks sexy, especially with the white contrast. Maybe too "tuner" for some.

I'm mad at myself for the fourth pic, I stupidly turned the phone sideways, cutting off the front and rear. My phone is very long, so it seemed natural to turn it 90 degrees the get a wide angle. That was dumb of me...
__________________
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:35 PM   #4
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer
 
dodgerforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Farm in Saskatchewan...
Posts: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
I'm mad at myself for the fourth pic, I stupidly turned the phone sideways, cutting off the front and rear. My phone is very long, so it seemed natural to turn it 90 degrees the get a wide angle. That was dumb of me...


Enh, you can only do so much with a camera phone. Like I said, maybe some real world shots would do it better justice, especially if it's a carbon fibre roof. I'm not a bimmer type, so I didn't know that, and maybe if that was seen in detail in a better picture it would look better.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 05:49 PM   #5
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Is this one of the M3s that were damaged on the tanker and are being sold as new??

^what a great move that is by BMW, im sure it will really please customers to find out that their new M3 is really a fixed wreck.

on topic, this body style still looks like turd...is this car gona come with a normal manual or one of those PS3 inspired shifters
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 04:58 AM   #6
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-
 
Mathew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Is this one of the M3s that were damaged on the tanker and are being sold as new??

^what a great move that is by BMW, im sure it will really please customers to find out that their new M3 is really a fixed wreck.

on topic, this body style still looks like turd...is this car gona come with a normal manual or one of those PS3 inspired shifters

Well you're certainly good at making yourself sound like a jackass.

This M3 was not damaged by a tanker, and I haven't heard anything about this. BMW wouldn't sell anybody "a fixed wreck".

What the body looks like is a matter of opinion, though it certainly doesn't look like turd. Perhaps you should learn some adjectives less commonly used by twelve year olds (this would also help in your ability to write ebay car ads).

And lastly, SMG, as it is most commonly referred, was not inspired by PS3, it was inspired and derived from racing. Something you claim (though we all have our doubts), to be into. This M3 comes with an old school manual, I believe SMG will be available later.
__________________
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:58 AM   #7
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
Well you're certainly good at making yourself sound like a jackass.

This M3 was not damaged by a tanker, and I haven't heard anything about this. BMW wouldn't sell anybody "a fixed wreck".

What the body looks like is a matter of opinion, though it certainly doesn't look like turd. Perhaps you should learn some adjectives less commonly used by twelve year olds (this would also help in your ability to write ebay car ads).

And lastly, SMG, as it is most commonly referred, was not inspired by PS3, it was inspired and derived from racing. Something you claim (though we all have our doubts), to be into. This M3 comes with an old school manual, I believe SMG will be available later.
I just like a regular clutch shifted manual is all, it is more involved to drive with than just pressing buttons. Yes I know about SMG, and here is a quote from that article, it was posted on our local forum.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:58 AM   #8
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
Well you're certainly good at making yourself sound like a jackass.

This M3 was not damaged by a tanker, and I haven't heard anything about this. BMW wouldn't sell anybody "a fixed wreck".

What the body looks like is a matter of opinion, though it certainly doesn't look like turd. Perhaps you should learn some adjectives less commonly used by twelve year olds (this would also help in your ability to write ebay car ads).

And lastly, SMG, as it is most commonly referred, was not inspired by PS3, it was inspired and derived from racing. Something you claim (though we all have our doubts), to be into. This M3 comes with an old school manual, I believe SMG will be available later.
I just like a regular clutch shifted manual is all, it is more involved to drive with than just pressing buttons. Yes I know about SMG, and here is a quote from that article, it was posted on our local forum.




BMW NA loses 370+ cars because of a tipped cargo ship at port in Jersey city. 70 of the cars are total losses.

Majority of the destroyed vehicles were brand new E92 ///M3s. If you guys are expecting these cars soon, you might be in for an unpleasant surprise. I suggest giving your dealer a call.

Shipping company's insurance co. is footing the bill.

Those cars not damaged beyond repair will be fixed at BMW's Elizabeth Receiving facility and sold as new cars. Cars that are deemed beyond repair will be crushed.


http://www.1addicts.com/forums/attac...d=120011529 9
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/attac...d=120011529 9
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/attac...d=120011529 9
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/attac...d=120011529 9
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/attac...d=120011529 9

courtesy of 6speedonline and 1addicts
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:41 AM   #9
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.
 
Zalight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Posts: 2,264
didn't read full thread.


We had ours come in not last thursday but the thursday before.


Also got to PDI it.


Lovin the exhaust note.






PS:
That a Crafstman Ball bearing griplatch box? My buddy Dan has a dual bank black one with matching top box and and loves it to death....
__________________
1999 BMW ///M3
Zalight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:00 AM   #10
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.
 
Zalight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Posts: 2,264
Now read the thread


here are better pics of some of the e92 M3's we had come in: http://picasaweb.google.com/wilson.f...ey=EP2500Bg9Xw



we had 2 e92s in white and an e90 in black


and new yorker....Quit yer bitchin all three we have had come in so far have been manuals not SMGs.
__________________
1999 BMW ///M3
Zalight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 11:18 AM   #11
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-
 
Mathew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalight
Now read the thread


here are better pics of some of the e92 M3's we had come in: http://picasaweb.google.com/wilson.f...ey=EP2500Bg9Xw



we had 2 e92s in white and an e90 in black


and new yorker....Quit yer bitchin all three we have had come in so far have been manuals not SMGs.

Nice. We haven't gotten any e90's in yet. I'm excited to see the first 4 door M3 in what...9 years?

Ah the Craftsman box...good eye. I got it in blue because everyone else in the shop has red, haha. Bought it when finished college, had no money for decent mac or snap-on, but it does the job. Will upgrade eventually.

Also note the Vancouver Canucks team pride
__________________
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 07:29 PM   #12
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.
 
Zalight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Posts: 2,264
No worries man! I'm all about the Craftsman stuff. Gets the job done for cheap and lets you spend money on things other than tools.



Honestly i didn't dig on the e90 that much, too bland for my tastes, it looked too much like a regular 3 series too me. (I was never a fan of the e36 4 doors either though )
__________________
1999 BMW ///M3
Zalight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 03:36 AM   #13
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-
 
Mathew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalight
No worries man! I'm all about the Craftsman stuff. Gets the job done for cheap and lets you spend money on things other than tools.



Honestly i didn't dig on the e90 that much, too bland for my tastes, it looked too much like a regular 3 series too me. (I was never a fan of the e36 4 doors either though )

I'm not a big fan of the e90 body, though it has grown on me. I just like the idea of a sleeper(ish) M3.
__________________
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 04:42 AM   #14
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.
 
Zalight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Posts: 2,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
I'm not a big fan of the e90 body, though it has grown on me. I just like the idea of a sleeper(ish) M3.



They're definitely comfortable cars, decently reliable, etc. etc. etc. They just aren't really my bag. I LOVE the new 08 5's though. Padded napa leather=epic win
__________________
1999 BMW ///M3
Zalight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.