Go Back   Car Forums > Community Central > Feedback & Suggestions
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2009, 05:37 PM   #31
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty101
Uh huh...Whatever you think...
Wow. Another typically well considered and articulated response from the forum's number one heavy thinker.

Look in the mirror Twinkie. You're a large part of the problem. 99% of what's wrong with this forum is the fact that you have an essentially completely inactive administrator, and more importantly moderators that to a large extent have nothing to do with their time (as far as this forum goes). Instead of doing something to improve or energize the membership, they're (you're) only interested flaunting their power and harassing people who don't think or act exactly the way you want them to. It's sad really.

Some day when you and one other moderator grow up and become a big boys, you'll figure out that less regulation and therefore more freedom is always more conducive to open exchange of thoughts and enjoyment, which is really the point of a forum like this. You clowns have built and reinforced your little fiefdom to the point that youíve chased away most of the good and regular members, so now you donít even have anyone left to push around. Surprise! As for how Bav has apparently changed (based on what Iíve briefly read) and the other guy who must not be around, I donít have enough information to form an opinion.

So now you can go ahead and display your manlinessÖ Delete or edit this post, ban me, come up with another of your intellectually stimulating three word replies. I donít really care. You can ignore me, you can even silence me, but you canít change the fact that the cause of the majority of problem(s) with this forum sits squarely on the shoulders of the moderation ďteamĒ. Are you man enough to do something about it?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:47 AM   #32
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Wow. Another typically well considered and articulated response from the forum's number one heavy thinker.

Look in the mirror Twinkie. You're a large part of the problem. 99% of what's wrong with this forum is the fact that you have an essentially completely inactive administrator, and more importantly moderators that to a large extent have nothing to do with their time (as far as this forum goes). Instead of doing something to improve or energize the membership, they're (you're) only interested flaunting their power and harassing people who don't think or act exactly the way you want them to. It's sad really.

Some day when you and one other moderator grow up and become a big boys, you'll figure out that less regulation and therefore more freedom is always more conducive to open exchange of thoughts and enjoyment, which is really the point of a forum like this. You clowns have built and reinforced your little fiefdom to the point that youíve chased away most of the good and regular members, so now you donít even have anyone left to push around. Surprise! As for how Bav has apparently changed (based on what Iíve briefly read) and the other guy who must not be around, I donít have enough information to form an opinion.

So now you can go ahead and display your manlinessÖ Delete or edit this post, ban me, come up with another of your intellectually stimulating three word replies. I donít really care. You can ignore me, you can even silence me, but you canít change the fact that the cause of the majority of problem(s) with this forum sits squarely on the shoulders of the moderation ďteamĒ. Are you man enough to do something about it?

Excuse me, I'm a large part of the problem? I do believe that you sir, have a biast opinion. Considering our squalls in the past, and since I made a simple mistake, (That I openly admitted BTW...but oh yeah, you don't care if someone is man enough to admit they're wrong, do you Mr. Copy and Paste your knowlege from the internet?) you have done NOTHING to contribute to this forum. Oh, and by the way, you can say what you want about me. I don't really care. I don't need this forum. I don't care if my modship gets revoked. I just don't give a shit about the internet in general anymore, considering I have so much more in my life than sitting on the computer "harrassing people who don't think or act exactly how I want them to." Oh wait a minute, in trying to bring me down, you just described yourself. Well, how about that...Hobo's a hypocrite. So really, from a moderator's point of veiw, what good are you and just how crucial are you to this forum? You're good for entertainment, MAYBE. And crucial to the forum? Only if you count getting back members that enjoy thinking they're cool because they agree with you constantly to stay on your good side, and also just so happen to not contribute anything useful to the forum at all.

So there you go. The reply you wanted me to type so that you can point out how much I hurt your feelings and how by replying in this way is a bad way for a moderator to behave. Go ahead, you won't get the saticfaction of getting another reply from me.

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:00 PM   #33
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Blah Blah Blah.

Dear Hobo,

we can always tell when you're bored, because you come back. I can wholeheartedly say that this Forum going downhill has nothing to do with the Moderation of the place. People (you) can say what you like about me (although I accept you didn't mention my name....just referred to me in your post), but I've been consistant in my actions sinse Adam made the best decision in the history of CF and replaced you with me. By that I mean that I've taken my job seriously and tidied the place up. Moderators should be approachable, and not merely flame members when they don't understand things.

I think this place needs Adam to revamp it cosmetically and update the software to be a top forum again. The only problem is that when the place was busy a few years ago, 'certain' members were too busy pushing new members away....I think THAT is what has damaged CF. Oh well, look on the bright side, if this this conversation has the desired effect, it could liven CF up a little!

I'll await your response with anticipation, although no doubt I'll be accused of being useless...yadayada again...

Lots of love and big sloppy kisses,

Cliffy

xxooxx

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 08-28-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:52 AM   #34
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
... chased away most of the good and regular members, ...
he must mean me!!

I see not much has changed round these parts.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:38 PM   #35
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by What-150
Ban him, ban me...

There's only ONE I "chase" away. Feel special in that.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 12:51 AM   #36
corbett_auto
CF Addict

I hang around to help people out with problems. It's one of the things I'm very good at. In some ways I guess I'm similar to WHAT... I'm an engineer and have done some crazy engine swaps and very wild custom stuff.

The other reason I am around is to watch all the peacocks puff out their chests and strut around with their tail feathers up in the air... All & all this is not (or has ever been) one of the best forums I post in..... but, it has it's moments.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:35 PM   #37
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbett_auto
In some ways I guess I'm similar to WHAT...

Not in the least, but if you think so.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:42 AM   #38
ysabel
CF Newbie

I observed to this forums that they are many posted threads that are unanswered or there are no response.
ysabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 04:44 AM   #39
corbett_auto
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysabel
I observed to this forums that they are many posted threads that are unanswered or there are no response.

why not post this on one of those topics instead of one with 3 pages of replies?