Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2005, 05:02 AM   #1
bobssinclair
CF Newbie

97 taurus

i have a 97 ford taurus. The problem is when i start the car the driving lites come on, that's fine but when i turn off the car the driving lites won't shut off. The first time this happened i unhooked the battery and the problem was solved. the next time it happened i did the same thing and now they won't go out.Could you please tell me the problem and where the problem is located. thank you, bobssinclair
bobssinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 05:04 AM   #2
bobssinclair
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobssinclair
i have a 97 ford taurus. The problem is when i start the car the driving lites come on, that's fine but when i turn off the car the driving lites won't shut off. The first time this happened i unhooked the battery and the problem was solved. the next time it happened i did the same thing and now they won't go out.Could you please tell me the problem and where the problem is located. thank you, bobssinclair
bobssinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 02:36 PM   #3
Flame Roller
CF Enthusiast

A couple possiblities

It could be that there is a switch you need to turn off to turn off the lights, even when the car is off. Also it could be a wiring issue where you have a couple wires that crossed a created a short so that the lights stay on.
Flame Roller is offline   Reply With Quote