Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2008, 11:22 PM   #1
aapotvin
CF Newbie

Civic 2001 radio problem

Hello !

Hope you guys can help me with this !
I have a really strange problem with my original radio !

Since i bought my Civic LX-G 2001, i have the same problem. It happens like once a month ... approximately ! Not quite fun ! Ok, i explain: My radio is still working without my keys in the ignition switch !!! I tried everything and finally, the only thing that worked to stop the radio was to unplugged the negative pole on the batterie !! I know this is weird. After every incident, it seems to be good for an another month. When i put back the pole on the batterie, the radio seems back to normal. The radio ask my radio code so ... it's working normally after that incident !

Is that problem happened to one of you ? Today, it happened again and i did the same thing as usual (unplugged the car batterie) and now, another problem happenned: the radio is not responsding at all. After plugging back the negative wired on the the batterie, i started the car and then ... the radio didn't ask me what it supposed (code, clock and everything else). I'm scared that my radio is now dead !!!

Please, can anyone tell me what to do with this, i'm really exhausted about it !

Thanks a lot for all your help !!!
Andrée-Anne
aapotvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:43 AM   #2
DBain
CF Enthusiast

That is strange. Well I can't tell you your problem but I can tell you your radio has two power sources, a constant and an ignition. You can try pulling it out of the dash and checking the wires to see if your plugs still good. If it wont work at all now first check to see if the fuse under the dash is blown if not check and see with a test light if you've got power on your constant all the time and ignition only with the key on(or acc).
I've got a 2000 Integra and have had many systems in it but have never had a problem like yours. But stereo wiring is the only electrical i'm good at.
DBain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:02 AM   #3
DBain
CF Enthusiast

Ignore this reply, I accidentally tried to repost it and can't figure out how to just delete it.

Last edited by DBain : 04-14-2008 at 03:05 AM.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:08 AM   #4
aapotvin
CF Newbie

Smile

thank you very much for your advice ! i alredy check the fuse of the radio and it looked fine so ... I'm thinking of replacing the radio with a new one ... the radio didn't work since the final incident ... so let me tell you this is so boring to be in your car without music ! I'll ask the radio installer if he could check all the wires, maybe it's only the radio that is defect ! well ... i hope so and it should be ! Thanks again for all your help ! Really appreciated !
aapotvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:08 PM   #5
DBain
CF Enthusiast

I hear ya. It seems of all my friends I'm the only one with a good stereo. So they ALWAYS want to take my car. Which I don't mind driving but when you put 4 overweight rednecks in a 2dr Integra it looks somewhat like a clown car. Along with the 5 minute process of people trying to get in and out it's hell on my suspension.