Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2008, 03:46 AM   #1
odu11
CF Newbie

2003 Chevy Cavalier had battery related problem

Hi,
When I was driving my car today I was stopped at a red light. As i transitioned my foot to the accelerator, the car would not move so I pushed harder and it still wouldn't budge. I looked and the battery light was flashing. I turned the car off and back on. It started and drove fine to my destination and back home. I plan on taking it in to the shop tomorrow but does anyone have any idea as to what the problem could be?
Thanks for your help!
odu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:56 AM   #2
dvdrose18
CF's resident Nurse

Are you sure it hadn't stalled? The battery light flashing usually means the key is in the on position but the alternator isn't charging. I am not sure what sensors work the system, but the battery light will flash if you turn the key to on and leave it there without starting it. This would explain why the car didn't move when you pushed the accelerator, and why it worked fine once you started it. Either way if you take it to the shop, they should scan it for trouble codes, and should be able to figure out what happened. If it did stall, you need to fugure out why, as a car that new shouldn't be stalling.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:44 PM   #3
JPolito830
CF Newbie

Yeah the best thing you can do is have it scanned at the mechanic. You do not want to risk any further damage.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:38 PM   #4
dvdrose18
CF's resident Nurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPolito830
Yeah the best thing you can do is have it scanned at the mechanic. You do not want to risk any further damage.
Any further damage? as far as I can tell, there is no reason to believe there is damage, as the problem may be as simple as he was low on fuel, or has fouled spark plugs. O, and as an aside, telling everyone that you agree means nothing. You have yet to display any significant knowledge, and you sound very troll like when you just agree to everything. Maybe next time, instead of agreeing, you could post first and give a better answer than just take it to a shop. And one last thing, you shouldn't have to tell us you own a shop, it should be apparent from your posts.

Commence flame war.