Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2008, 08:44 PM   #1
DBain
CF Enthusiast

Just looking for ideas

Hey everybody. I recently bought an 87 chevy and after going through and fixing the problems with it, now it's time to play.
I'm looking to tune it up a little. I've been around a lot of chevy PUs but this is my first TBI. I've already got some long tube headers and a holley air cleaner, but from here on out I'm not sure what route to take. I know there's throttle bodies and intake manifolds and maybe even a new ECM to give the old girl some chowdah(sorry it's a NH thing). I've looked around and there's just too many options. So all I'm looking for is some ideas on which specific parts to go for. I'm on a somewhat limited budget but as we all know, one peice at a time will eventually get you a sweet ride.
Also I've heard good things about shiftkits for auto trans. As it is, the truck shifts nice and solid now, but how hard are they to install and are they worth it?
So here's all the little details:
350CI TBI 2WD 4spd Auto 42Korig miles 2owner truck before me (orig owner was born in 1911 and kept it until 2001) has new gas tank, brakes, wheel cyl in the rear, trans gasket/filter/lines, electric fan, serpentine belt kit, new ign module and switch, tow pkg w/ trailer brakes, radiator hoses, battery cables, long tube headers I'm going to wrap then install along with pipe and cherry bombs out the back, and a basic tune up (cap rotor plugs wires oil trans fluid flushed coolant flushed).
Any reccomendations will be considered and appreciated.

1987 Chevy Scotsdale
350CI TBI 4sp Auto 2WD
2dr Std Cab Short Bed
DBain is offline   Reply With Quote