Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2008, 05:48 PM   #1
VanishingHope
CF Newbie

New Car: Keeping Clean

Hi everyone:

You may have seen my previous post, just bought a 2008 Pontiac G8 GT. This car has been awesome so far, all 5 days I've had it.

In any case, it's Panther Black Metallic and when it rained slightly the other day, the car became slightly dirty. Besides that, I also want to maintain the appearance of the car as best as I can; mind you, this is the first nice car I've had, and my car knowledge is limited.

Just yesterday, I bought 3M automotive care products and some ultra-soft micro-fiber towels. I bought 3M Car Wash Soap, 3M One Step Cleaner Wax, and 3M Performance Finish.

Any thoughts on the 3M product, other cleaning products or general washing care (do's, don'ts, tips on scratch removal, etc) would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
--VH
VanishingHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 02:36 AM   #2
tbaxleyjr
CF Extraordinaire

Wash and vacuum the car weekly. Keep the car waxed a couple of times/yr and stay away from carwashes with brushes, cloth or plastic pads, etc. Flush underneath really well in winter to flush away salt and mud which will cause the car to rust - Your owners Manual will provide similar advice.

3m makes good products, so does McGuires, Turtle Wax and Simonize
tbaxleyjr is offline   Reply With Quote