Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Classic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2008, 04:37 AM   #1
Beeelions
CF Newbie

'66 Mustang GT questions

I'm picking up a '66 Mustang GT convertible later next week and I was wondering if there were any issues that I should pay particular attention to. It's been recently appraised and everything checks out but I was just wondering if there were any details that I should be wary of.

If I end up picking it up I'll make sure to post a bunch of pictures.

Last edited by Beeelions : 05-09-2008 at 07:54 AM. Reason: grammar
Beeelions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 04:59 AM   #2
dvdrose18
CF's resident Nurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeelions
I'm picking up a 66' Mustang GT convertible later next week and I was wondering if there were any issues that I should pay particular attention to. It's been recently appraised and everything checks out but I was just wondering if there were any details that I should be wary of.

If I end up picking it up I'll make sure to post a bunch of pictures.
With a car that age, anything could be a problem, you need to give us a better idea of what you are looking at. Is it restored? original? clone? rust bucket? You need to give us more information to work with.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:29 AM   #3
Beeelions
CF Newbie

The appraisal says that it has roughly 40,000 original miles and that it is in 'very good' condition. Apparently everything bumper to bumper is clean with no signs of rust, rot or dents but there is some slight pitting in the chrome moldings.

I guess my questions are more about the mechanicals. Is there anything I should be checking on my test drive that tends to be a common problem? The suspension springs, shocks, clutch assembly, radiator, cooling fan clutch, battery, brake lines, front calipers and rotors, rear axle bearings and exhaust system are all new. I plan to use this car throughout the summer (probably about 5 miles a day).

Everything besides the parts mentioned above is original and authentic. Numbers on everything match and nothing is out of the ordinary.

Sorry if I sound a bit clueless but this is the first classic car I've ever dealt with. Currently I drive a very modern Audi A6 and this is going to be quite a change for me.

Last edited by Beeelions : 05-09-2008 at 07:55 AM. Reason: clarity
Beeelions is offline   Reply With Quote