Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2002, 12:24 AM   #1

I need some opinons!!

I'm sorry if this is gettin repeated a lot, but I wanted to scatter it around to where I could get as many opinions as possible... I'm workin on a 1981 Ford Ranger F150 and I want to do all I can to it, without costing too much. I want to paint it black with gold flecks, to give it a subtle flashy effect to it, and I want to tint the windows to match it. I plan to paint the interior in grey and black, and put all sorts of little trinketts in the cab. I'm really big on trinketts, I want something for the window cranks, (we're replacing them, so I wanna know if there's something more interesting to replace them with) the rearview mirror, (I want a cover and something to hang on it) something to put in the vents, and anything else imaginable, I'm lookin for a website that has this kind of thing, but I havnt had any luck. All I know is what I pick up from other people, and thats all I work off of, so if anyone can help me out I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 04-30-2002, 12:25 AM   #2

Why oh why would you like a FORD? There rubish! There for the cheap people who cannot aforn to eat! Scrap your ugly thing and get a real car!

Sorry, perhaps too honest there, But you realy need to get away from fords (Unless your paying less than 10 000 for it) They do make very good small practical car (Cheap car) But because nobody will pay anything over that for a ford!
Old 04-30-2002, 12:25 AM   #3

So Mr Tuscan man, you like TVR's huh? but you dont like fords?

Well where do you think TVR would be in the world if it wasn't for Ford?
oh thats right short one engine supplier!

If the guy wants to like F150 utes then let him.
Your ignorance is no excuse to flame others and thier opinions.

Keep it to yourself or go else where!
Old 05-03-2002, 10:31 AM   #4
kilted_BMW_nut

I was always under the impression that TVR used Rover K series engines. but the chimera did use the fiesta rear lights....all TVR did was turn them 90/180 degress IIRC.

BMW nut.
Old 02-03-2004, 02:58 PM   #5
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

This is just too funny to let sit at the bottom of the heap. Who said there was no dissention in the ranks until I got here? Remember, Fords with trinkets are rubbish.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 03:30 PM   #6
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

uhm, an 81 Ford Ranger F-150??? WTF????

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 04:08 PM   #7
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty101
uhm, an 81 Ford Ranger F-150??? WTF????
F-150 Ranger would be more correct. Ranger was a trim level/option package on F-150's for years before the little Ranger came along in the early '80's.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 02-04-2004, 05:19 AM   #8
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

If you look real close you can see "Ranger" on the bed side.

Old 02-16-2004, 08:24 AM   #9
ferrari racer
Banned

i suggest u sell the car. . . . . unless ur in love with it, which i doubt
ferrari racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 03:50 PM   #10
snoopewite
The 1st CF Entrepreneur

Quote:
I'm sorry if this is gettin repeated a lot, but I wanted to scatter it around to where I could get as many opinions as possible... I'm workin on a 1981 Ford Ranger F150 and I want to do all I can to it, without costing too much. I want to paint it black with gold flecks, to give it a subtle flashy effect to it, and I want to tint the windows to match it. I plan to paint the interior in grey and black, and put all sorts of little trinketts in the cab. I'm really big on trinketts, I want something for the window cranks, (we're replacing them, so I wanna know if there's something more interesting to replace them with) the rearview mirror, (I want a cover and something to hang on it) something to put in the vents, and anything else imaginable, I'm lookin for a website that has this kind of thing, but I havnt had any luck. All I know is what I pick up from other people, and thats all I work off of, so if anyone can help me out I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks!

ferrari racer, the post that I quoted was sent here on April 30th 2002. I think that your reply is somewhat tardy.
snoopewite is offline   Reply With Quote