Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2004, 08:39 AM   #1
dommo
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2
Talking Aston Martin

you have to admit, this is the sheer pinnacle of Britich engineering
dommo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 11:51 AM   #2
cinqyg
CF Freak
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Midlands, England
Posts: 851
Speed and style,

Try the VX220/ Lotus Exige, best fun you can have for the price of a mundarno

Quote:
Originally Posted by dommo
you have to admit, this is the sheer pinnacle of Britich engineering
cinqyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 09:28 PM   #3
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Hows about a car from a non-American Car Company- owned- company?
(Did that make any sense??)
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 10:22 PM   #4
cinqyg
CF Freak
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Midlands, England
Posts: 851
define american, if its were the company is registered for tax, then its american. but do you really care how car companies pay there tax?

DB9 oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh whos the daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Hows about a car from a non-American Car Company- owned- company?
(Did that make any sense??)
cinqyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 11:11 PM   #5
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinqyg
define american, if its were the company is registered for tax, then its american. but do you really care how car companies pay there tax?

DB9 oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh whos the daddy
http://ford.com/en/default.htm
I am talking about how when one goes to thier site you can simply click on Aston Martin BECAUSE IT IS OWNED BY FORD!!! TRY IT OUT IF YOU WISH.... THUS THE URL!!!
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 01:43 AM   #6
importluva
Obsessed with imports
 
importluva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
http://ford.com/en/default.htm
I am talking about how when one goes to thier site you can simply click on Aston Martin BECAUSE IT IS OWNED BY FORD!!! TRY IT OUT IF YOU WISH.... THUS THE URL!!!

rofl
__________________
AJ
BB6
FC3S
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 08:59 AM   #7
cinqyg
CF Freak
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Midlands, England
Posts: 851
Who owes ford mateee? you and i and a load of pension companies. So if 2 oil shakes 51% or more does that make ford saudi arabian?


Quote:
Originally Posted by importluva
rofl
cinqyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 02:51 PM   #8
importluva
Obsessed with imports
 
importluva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinqyg
Who owes ford mateee? you and i and a load of pension companies. So if 2 oil shakes 51% or more does that make ford saudi arabian?

now i doubt that will ever happen (and i believe its sheik)
40% of ford is owned by Bill Ford. Then comes the line of ford executives that own quite a lot, so it should never come to that.

Having said that, if you really do own ford stock, maybe you should choose more wisely.
__________________
AJ
BB6
FC3S
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 02:54 PM   #9
cinqyg
CF Freak
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Midlands, England
Posts: 851
but you see my point. naaah dont own any of ford, who would really want to!
cinqyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 02:58 PM   #10
importluva
Obsessed with imports
 
importluva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinqyg
but you see my point. naaah dont own any of ford, who would really want to!

yes, you make a valid point.
__________________
AJ
BB6
FC3S
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 01:51 AM   #11
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by importluva
rofl
Umm... what does "rofl" mean... ???
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 01:55 AM   #12
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Umm... what does "rofl" mean... ???
Rolls On Floor Laughing...I believe
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 02:09 AM   #13
importluva
Obsessed with imports
 
importluva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Rolls On Floor Laughing...I believe

yea, cmon stiman, basic aim skillz>you
__________________
AJ
BB6
FC3S
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 05:51 AM   #14
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by importluva
yea, cmon stiman, basic aim skillz>you
Yup...basic internet lingo....although I didn't know any of that this time last year either
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 09:02 AM   #15
cinqyg
CF Freak
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Midlands, England
Posts: 851
well, may be we should have a internet lingo thred.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Yup...basic internet lingo....although I didn't know any of that this time last year either
cinqyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.