Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2008, 03:10 AM   #1
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Mr. Clean Auto Dry systems $5 at Home Depot

I heard about this on another site, but figured maybe it was only a local thing. Had to go to Home Depot today, and it caught my eye. It didn't have a price tag so I did a price check...sure enough $5. I think there were originally 4 or 5 times that.

Rumor has it they're being discontinued. I guess it doesn't work if you have really hard water; plugs up the filter. Speaking of which the filter is only good for 3 uses, another reason they're probably being discontinued. I used it today and really liked it. It's not that I'm too lazy to dry, just that I take my time washing and often by the time I'm done with one section of the car another has already dried with waterspots all over. If it is being discontinued I'm betting somewhere online somebody is blowing out replacement filters as well.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:41 AM   #2
fudge
let's fighting love

Thats bloody cheap!! Then again I've just came back from New York last week and took full advantage of the exchange rate whilst I was there. If the dollar gets weaker I might save up for another trip!
Old 06-18-2008, 02:34 AM   #3
chris_knows
๑۩۞

3 car washes for $5? That's a pretty good deal.

I can't see why anyone would pay $20, though...It's cheaper and more convenient to just go through a car wash...premium car wash.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:06 AM   #4
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
3 car washes for $5? That's a pretty good deal.

I can't see why anyone would pay $20, though...It's cheaper and more convenient to just go through a car wash...premium car wash.
last time i did that was with my neon and it left scraches all along te side of the car...those brushes collect dirt and then rub along your car...ill never take my cars to an automatic wash again
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:30 PM   #5
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
last time i did that was with my neon and it left scraches all along te side of the car...those brushes collect dirt and then rub along your car...ill never take my cars to an automatic wash again
Then go to one of those charity car washes and have a girl with a ridiculously small shirt wash your car
Old 06-18-2008, 05:08 PM   #6
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker

You went to a wrong automatic car wash.
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:51 AM   #7
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Then go to one of those charity car washes and have a girl with a ridiculously small shirt wash your car

The local stripclub actually has a topless car wash.

Anyways, NYer, you have to go to the touchless car wash. I'm sure there's some joke here about a stripclub and touchless, but I just can't put one together.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:21 AM   #8
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by giant016
The local stripclub actually has a topless car wash.

Anyways, NYer, you have to go to the touchless car wash. I'm sure there's some joke here about a stripclub and touchless, but I just can't put one together.
Yea those are the ones I use now, only if I have to get into hard to reach spots though such as blasting the underbody, wheelwells, and engine bay. for everything else i just keep the car waxed with ardex nano or abmer gloss and use meguiars quick detailer or ardex spot delivery dilluted to maintain, and i clean the wheels, tires, top, and vaccum the interior, etc.

The wash I had used when I got paint damage was the one with swinging and rotating brushes, and ill never use one again
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote