Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2008, 03:39 AM   #1
kcheifs28
CF Newbie

mustang 2.3 running problems

alright lets start with car runs runs great for awhile then runs like crap acts like it going to stall so pulled over put it in park and ran a little better put it in gear and stumbled again acts like its running on 2 cylinders..... but, last week i replaced the igniton control mod and idle air control or bypass valve and got rid of thos codes ran GREAT intell to day when problem occured i scanned it with my obd 1 connector for ford and got these codes

332- insufficient egr flow detected
411-cannot control rpm during koer low rpm
538-insufficient rpm change during koer dynamic response test invalid cylinder balance test due to throttle movement during test
536-brake on-off switch or boo circuit not activated during koer
521-power steering pressure switch circuit fault

any ideas i need HELP where to start lol o and if it helps my heater used work to but since i replaced the ignition mod now it does nothing!
kcheifs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:21 AM   #2
tbaxleyjr
CF Extraordinaire

Would be noce to know year and other pertinent information - based on trouble codes, I will assume you have something built between 1989 and 1995

332- insufficient egr flow detected - your egr system measures pressure differential across the valve to give indication if it is working or not. Wither a bad EGR valve, a bad solenoid which operates the valve actuator. a bad diaphram in the vacuum actuator for the valve, or clogged ports at either the exhaust inlet or egr valve outlet at the intake manifold. Fortunately, your Haynes or Chiltons will give you the exact diagnostic procedures for this specific car.

411-cannot control rpm during koer low rpm
538-insufficient rpm change during koer dynamic response test invalid cylinder balance test due to throttle movement during test

Both 411 and 538 indicate there is an issue with the idle control circuit or an issue with the TPS or the throttle body its self.

536-brake on-off switch or boo circuit not activated during koer - the test procedures for KOER test require pressing the brake pedal during the test - this was not done and should not indicate a problem

521-power steering pressure switch circuit fault - the power steering system has a pressure switch to tell the ECM you are steering the car and to adjust idle to compensate (makes sure power steering pump has enough power to drive it while doing low rpm operations such as parking - could be bad pressure switch or short or open in wiring between switch and ECM

Check fuses and make sure some control circuit fuse has not blown - this often causes multiple trouble codes.
tbaxleyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:55 PM   #3
kcheifs28
CF Newbie

i tested the tps and thats work and also i tested the egr with a vacuum tester....but when i went to check the fuses i noticed that one was missing so i looked a little harder and noticed that they took and broke off the holder for the fuse and that fuse goes the check engine and most of the dash lights o yeah its a 92 lx my power steering pump leaks like crazy but would that cause that pressure switch to be faulty
kcheifs28 is offline   Reply With Quote