Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-30-2008, 05:13 PM   #1
stormwisp
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3
97 sunfire engines

ok, so, im trying to soop up my 97 sunfire, insides first for the most speed. i need to know what the most powerful engine i can put into it is without making mounts/with making mounts, basicaly i dont know much about cars and i just need to know what i gotta be paying for and what engine i should be buying for the best performance out of my car

*edit* and for drifting what size tires should i get? (big drifter here)

Last edited by stormwisp : 07-30-2008 at 05:17 PM.
stormwisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 04:18 AM   #2
glagon1979
daddy x3
 
glagon1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: back in Williamson, NY
Posts: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormwisp
ok, so, im trying to soop up my 97 sunfire, insides first for the most speed. i need to know what the most powerful engine i can put into it is without making mounts/with making mounts, basicaly i dont know much about cars and i just need to know what i gotta be paying for and what engine i should be buying for the best performance out of my car

*edit* and for drifting what size tires should i get? (big drifter here)

1. stop trying to "soop" up your car
2. i dont know if drifting with a 97 sunfire is such a good idea
3. go buy a car more suited for drifting
4. this will probably be the last post i make unless this pole smoker replies with some really stupid drivel about how i know nothing and i'm retarded
5. later f*ckers
__________________
this forum is to dead to share a cool sig with everybody....
glagon1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 05:43 AM   #3
giant016
My mom says I'm cool
 
giant016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormwisp
ok, so, im trying to soop up my 97 sunfire, insides first for the most speed. i need to know what the most powerful engine i can put into it is without making mounts/with making mounts, basicaly i dont know much about cars and i just need to know what i gotta be paying for and what engine i should be buying for the best performance out of my car

*edit* and for drifting what size tires should i get? (big drifter here)
I REALLY hope you're kidding.
__________________
Submitted for the approval of the Midnight Society

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 06:43 AM   #4
DARKtEAGLE
CF Addict
 
DARKtEAGLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: williamsport,PA
Posts: 277
lol you gotta know things about cars to be a drifter lol
__________________



92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature
DARKtEAGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:27 AM   #5
stormwisp
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3
im actualy a faily good drifter for not having high performanc cars, i havent tried drifting alot in the sunfire but i did alot of drifting in my 92 gmc sanoma with a v6 vortex engine in it, and it did wonders
stormwisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:12 AM   #6
97Talonchik
discombobulated
 
97Talonchik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 1,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormwisp
im actualy a faily good drifter for not having high performanc cars, i havent tried drifting alot in the sunfire but i did alot of drifting in my 92 gmc sanoma with a v6 vortex engine in it, and it did wonders

It's Sonoma not Sanoma, and that wasn't drifting, it's called fishtailing. Why would you spend that much money "soop"ing up a Sunfire? To each his own.
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 02:27 AM   #7
DARKtEAGLE
CF Addict
 
DARKtEAGLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: williamsport,PA
Posts: 277
why dont you just go out and buy a dsm. convert it to RWD and your all set. lol perfect drift car lol
__________________



92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature
DARKtEAGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 02:46 AM   #8
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Talonchik
It's Sonoma not Sanoma, and that wasn't drifting, it's called fishtailing. Why would you spend that much money "soop"ing up a Sunfire? To each his own.
Little girl, how in the royal f*ck do you know if he was drifting or not? While I agree that he probably wasn't and never has, an S10/S15 with a 4.3 is actually a fairly good drift machine with plenty of torque and a light rear end.

After you're finished answering my first question (I mean in this thread, not the thread you chose to ignore because your lack of knowledge was openly on display), why don't you chronicle for us your own personal drifting experience and then follow up with the name of the store you purchased your crystal ball at so you can tell what he was or wasn't doing in the Sonoma.

The floor is yours, but I'd bet the silence will be deafening.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 05:48 AM   #9
97Talonchik
discombobulated
 
97Talonchik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 1,257
Dang hobo. I was trying to be funny. This OP is probably a kid who doesn't even have a clue about how to start a car. Wait, should I put a disclaimer on that too before you b*tch about me stating something as a fact? You even admit you doubt he was drifting. Show me where I said a Sonoma couldn't drift. Oh wait, you can't because I didn't say it. Quit trying to put words in my mouth.

Did I or have I ever said anything about my drifting experience? No, because I think it's absolutely ridiculous (and I am way too scared to try to drift in my Sentra). MY OPINION...not fact. Let's clarify that before you decide to critique anything else I say.

Further, I quit responding to you on the other post because it serves no purpose other than for me to continue to state my opinion and you to continue to state yours. An utter stalemate that would go no where. You can think of me as you wish. You are nothing more than someone on the other end of a keyboard, just as I.

It really is no wonder this place is dead the majority of the time. Everyone's too afraid to post for fear of being flamed by you. The remainder blindly follow the all powerful Hobo. Sitting in the corner, silently nodding in approval to anything and everything you say. Bunch of sheep.
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 01:29 PM   #10
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Talonchik
Dang hobo. I was trying to be funny. This OP is probably a kid who doesn't even have a clue about how to start a car. Wait, should I put a disclaimer on that too before you b*tch about me stating something as a fact? You even admit you doubt he was drifting. Show me where I said a Sonoma couldn't drift. Oh wait, you can't because I didn't say it. Quit trying to put words in my mouth.

Did I or have I ever said anything about my drifting experience? No, because I think it's absolutely ridiculous (and I am way too scared to try to drift in my Sentra). MY OPINION...not fact. Let's clarify that before you decide to critique anything else I say.

Further, I quit responding to you on the other post because it serves no purpose other than for me to continue to state my opinion and you to continue to state yours. An utter stalemate that would go no where. You can think of me as you wish. You are nothing more than someone on the other end of a keyboard, just as I.

It really is no wonder this place is dead the majority of the time. Everyone's too afraid to post for fear of being flamed by you. The remainder blindly follow the all powerful Hobo. Sitting in the corner, silently nodding in approval to anything and everything you say. Bunch of sheep.
It wasn't funny and you wouldn't know a fact if it hit you in the ass.

1. Talk about trying to put words in someones mouth. Show us all where I said that you said a Sonoma couldn't drift. Can't do it. I merely stated that a Sonoma is a reasonable drift machine to support the assertion that it's possible he was drifting.

2. In the other post, you were arguing based on your opinion while I was arguing based on facts. You stopped responding because after being presented with documented facts that didn't support your opinion you were too prideful to admit that maybe, just maybe, someone else has some insight that you don't. That makes you ignorant and arrogant in the same discussion.

3. Blaming me for the decline of this forum is simply ridiculous. Most of the decline occurred early this year. I didn't post on or even read this forum from early January till mid May. The real reason that this place sucks, and will continue to suck, is because of a mostly absent, or worse, overly restrictive moderation team and "members" like you who have essentially nothing of any merit to post.

Let me help you out with that because you obviously don't know the difference. That is my opinion based on documented fact. Want to improve this place? Leave.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 06:12 PM   #11
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Ugh not this again.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:09 AM   #12
DARKtEAGLE
CF Addict
 
DARKtEAGLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: williamsport,PA
Posts: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Ugh not this again.
wat? is it weird that it doesnt involve you? lol
__________________



92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature
DARKtEAGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:27 AM   #13
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKtEAGLE
wat? is it weird that it doesnt involve you? lol
no, hobo insulting people instead of actually helping
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:00 PM   #14
DARKtEAGLE
CF Addict
 
DARKtEAGLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: williamsport,PA
Posts: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
no, hobo insulting people instead of actually helping
i try helping as much as i can. but working around all these arguing is really difficult.lol
__________________



92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature
DARKtEAGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:43 PM   #15
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKtEAGLE
i try helping as much as i can. but working around all these arguing is really difficult.lol
From what I've read of your posts, the best way you could help would be... Don't.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.