Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2008, 05:00 PM   #1
SDLAW
CF Newbie

4L60E no reverse

OK. Before I climb a tower and open fire, I'm hoping somebody can help. I cracked the case on my 94 K1500 so I decided to swap out the parts into a case I had laying around. I decided to rebuild it at the same time. Afterwards, no reverse. I wasn't real upset since I thought I might have been a little rough with the seals in the reverse and input drum as well as the teflon rings on the stator shaft. I didn't replace the teflon rings on the pump or the bushing in the reverse drum either.

So... I pull it out and start over. This time I was very careful with the seals and replaced all the teflon rings and bushing. I didn't disassemble the valve body or pump since I did that the first time. I air tested all the clutches and they seemed to work fine, but once again no reverse. If I shift from neutral to reverse the tires will weakly turn backwards for a short time, but if I rev it up it stops. I swapped the valve bodies and other than getting soaked in oil and really pissed, nothing changed. The only thing I can think of is something in the pump or the case. All the other gears seem to work and shift ok. Any ideas?
SDLAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:27 AM   #2
Wally
I Know More Than You

You reckon there is high pressure fluid getting to the reverse apply cct? How about the reverse boost valve fitted correctly, O ring on filter, reverse piston/check ball, seal leak .... somethiong that is either blocking flow to the reverse drum, or more likely relieving pressure from the reverse drum cct.