Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2008, 12:32 AM   #1
warship25
CF Newbie

97 tbird overheats from mystery cause

Hello,

I have 97' thunderbird 3.8L v6 that overheats. I changed the thermostat..no change. I took it to a mechanic to see if the fan was not kicking on at the right time and he said he ran every diagnostic test he could and found nothing wrong with the engine. To me it seems eigther the temperature gauge must be broken or the car is overheating, eigther would be a problem and I'm being told no problem exists...that seems like it cannot be correct to me.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
warship25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 12:42 AM   #2
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by warship25
To me it seems eigther the temperature gauge must be broken or the car is overheating

So which is it? Is it overheating or is the temp gauge saying it's overheating with no physical evidence otherwise?

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:25 AM   #3
warship25
CF Newbie

Hi BavarianWheels

I'm about to go pick the car up so I will make sure exactly what he said, but over the phone it seemed to me he was saying that there was no physical evidence of overheating so I said the temperature gauge must be broken but he told me it wasn't, to which i responded that it must be overheating and again he told me no....that's when i became confused.

I'm picking it up from him in an hour so I will try to get him to clarify this paradox and then I'll hopefully have some new info to get back to you with.

Thanks
warship25 is offline   Reply With Quote