Originally Posted by Duncan117
Hi. I am driving a Renault Scenic (in France). My drove the car this morning to drop off kids (it had rained all night) and when I returned the car would not start. The battery is only one year old. THe contact lights come on but there is no sound when I turn the key to the full position. Is this a question of wet spark plugs? Any ideas? Thanks
Most likely a dead battery. If not that then possibly a starter issue. Or wire connections. I would have the battery tested for a dead cell first. Even if your spark plugs were wet you should still be able to hear it turn over. The other thing I'm thinking is possibly a wet connection somewhere in the wiring and it's shorting out. I say that because it wouldn't work after it rained. Still most likely it's your battery. Those can go bad randomly at any time.