Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2004, 01:20 AM   #31
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty101
done whoring yet?
Geez..If I hadn't of posted when I did, he'd of had four in a row!!!....post whore!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 01:20 AM   #32
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty101
done whoring yet?
There were just some many issues to address. Sorry! (doh I did it again) But at least I feel better that you Brits are paying a lot more than I am. I am sorry to hear it is so expensive over there for you. $90 to fill a 20 gallon tank?? Man that hurts
Old 05-14-2004, 01:22 AM   #33
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voda48
There were just some many issues to address. Sorry! (doh I did it again) But at least I feel better that you Brits are paying a lot more than I am. I am sorry to hear it is so expensive over there for you. $90 to fill a 20 gallon tank?? Man that hurts
Yes..it does hurt, almost as much as my eyes after having to read no less than FOUR posts in a row....by you!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Old 05-14-2004, 01:35 AM   #34
enron fever
CF Addict

last time i filled up gas premium was $2.009 in Franklin, TN. and my car requires premium. bleh.
enron fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 04:13 AM   #35
JeffGodOfBiskut
CF Newbie

well, it's starting to get on the high side here too. (that's wichita, KS) For the better part of 2 months it was hovering around $1.85/gallon, but it has jumped to $1.95/gallon this week and has increased about a penny/day for the past 3 days or so. Keep in mind these are regular grades. Add about $0.10 per gallon for anything higher than 89 octane.

o'course, in my town you hafta know where to buy gas. On the west side of town, you get low octane, but on the east side you get higher octane for higher octane, for whatever reason. At any rate, it pays to be an informed consumer here.

btw... what's this about $3.25 or w/e tax per gallon? i think there would be rioting and rebellion if they tried to enforce something like that in the states... we americans like our driving and our money

*Dreams*
JeffGodOfBiskut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 04:17 AM   #36
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffGodOfBiskut
btw... what's this about $3.25 or w/e tax per gallon? i think there would be rioting and rebellion if they tried to enforce something like that in the states... we americans like our driving and our money
Here in the UK prises seem to rise on a regular basis, we can only dream of having your low prises!

Old 05-14-2004, 04:28 AM   #37
lectroid
0000?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Here in the UK prises seem to rise on a regular basis, we can only dream of having your low prises!

"TAX MAN" The Beatles. Start a "New Revolution" The Beatles.
Old 05-14-2004, 08:41 AM   #38
cinqyg
CF Freak

Quote:

15 gallon
cinqyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 08:49 AM   #39
cinqyg
CF Freak

Naah i think your missing the point here, why dont you spend less money on defence and actually talke the issues rather than trying to fight your way out of them surely that would be more sensible, like poverty, wipe out world debt that would be a much more effective use of the money, or put clean water into remote vilages in the porest nations, build roads and railways.

We all know that the places that terroistm and crime thirves are places were people are poor and desperate. Im sure if your family were starving then you would look for some one to blame and some way of stealing food if necessary.

Quote:
Well I was off taking my last final and 23 post suddenly appeared in that short time. First of all don't even think of F***king with the US. We spend only 3% of GDP on Defense compared to North Koreas 30% and we still have everyone beat. In fact you could take the other 9 nations that comprise the top 10 in Defense expense and we would still beat the sum of all 9 of their budgets.
The question isn't whether we can beat the shit out of "15 million poorly armed arabs", but whether we should. Its called diplomacy Beotch

and as for the arabs, yeah you can solve the problem, nuke them if u like, but then you will have billions of people after you, and last time i checked you were still scared of people like a pissed off china. Defence budgets arnt really a measure. look at the quality of the troops and that says alot, colin powel was quaoted as saying " i wish even 1/2 the troops we had in iraq were brits, those marines just cant keep there cool"
Old 05-14-2004, 08:53 AM   #40
cinqyg
CF Freak

Quote:
Agreed.

I doubt you could get much in the way of oil production.
Old 05-14-2004, 08:54 AM   #41
cinqyg
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffGodOfBiskut
well, it's starting to get on the high side here too. (that's wichita, KS) For the better part of 2 months it was hovering around $1.85/gallon, but it has jumped to $1.95/gallon this week and has increased about a penny/day for the past 3 days or so. Keep in mind these are regular grades. Add about $0.10 per gallon for anything higher than 89 octane.

o'course, in my town you hafta know where to buy gas. On the west side of town, you get low octane, but on the east side you get higher octane for higher octane, for whatever reason. At any rate, it pays to be an informed consumer here.

$3.25 is just the fuel tax then theres sales tax and you have to buy the fuel.
Old 05-14-2004, 08:55 AM   #42
cinqyg
CF Freak

Now im a proper post whore!
Old 05-14-2004, 09:13 AM   #43
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinqyg
Now im a proper post whore!

True.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 11:16 PM   #44
SuperJew
I like pie.

yeah, I think we should have just send in a few special forces teams to take out Saddam, or just something surgical.

and in my area i just filled my grandmas Jeep for $1.99. the Super cost $2.09 and Premium costs $2.15. its insane.

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 11:35 PM   #45
cinqyg
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
yeah, I think we should have just send in a few special forces teams to take out Saddam, or just something surgical.

and in my area i just filled my grandmas Jeep for $1.99. the Super cost $2.09 and Premium costs $2.15. its insane.

some times its unbeliveable, you know if you had euro carsthey would be doing 40+mpg