Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-13-2004, 08:37 PM   #1
cigars
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5
Exclamation The MOST dishonest car company

What has happened to Jaguar since FORD bought them. They have become the most dishonest car company on the planet. In my case my father bought the car and one of the inventives was what the Jaguar salesman explained as the "Piece of Mind" program. that program allows for the car to be turned in should the lessor or purchasor pass away. Unfortunately may dad passed away last May and we attempted to turn in the car. They outright said NO! The piece of mind plan was really the "Piece of Crap" plan. They said that since the title of the car included his company's name on it, the piece of mind plan was nulled. Since we had no choice, we agreed to jeep the car and a Jaguar Credit debt manager agreed to waive the late fees if the payments were brought current. Well the payments were brought current but the statements kept carrying the late fees. I called them today to inquire...and to my dismay they claim that the debt manager did not note the arrangement of waiving the debt. NOT TRUE and more lies. This has got to be the most dishonest and treacherous car company in the world. The cars are inferior and the service is even worst. Those issues do not even compare to the level of dishonesty and outright lies in order to sell and collect money. Beware if you are thinking of buying a Jaguar. They will lie, cheat and do whatever they can to get you into the contract. Thereafter you are nothing more than another sucker!!! Stay tuned and stay away from Jags....

Last edited by cigars : 05-13-2004 at 09:24 PM.
cigars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 08:51 PM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by cigars
What has happened to Jaguar since FORD bought them. They have become the most dishonest car company on the planet. In my case my father bought the car and one of the inventives was what the Jaguar salesman explained as the "Piece of Mind" program. that program allows for the car to be turned in should the lessor or purchasor pass away. Unfortunately may dad passed away last May and we attempted to turn in the car. They outright said NO! The piece of mind plan was really the "Piece of Crap" plan. They said that since the title of the car included his company's name on it, the piece of mind plan was nulled. Since we had no choice, we agreed to jeep the car and a Jaguar Credit debt manager agreed to waive the late fees if the payments were brought current. Well the payments were brought current but the statements kept carrying the late fees. I called them today to inquire...and to my dismay they claim that the debt manager did not note the arrangement of waiving the debt. NOT TRUE and more lies. This has got to be the most dishonest and treacherous car company in the world. The cars are inferior and the service is even worst. Those issues do not even compare to the level of dishonesty and outright lies in order to sell and collect money. Beware if you are thinking of buying a Jaguar. They will lie, cheat and do whatever they can to get you into the contract. Thereafter you are nothing more than another sucker!!! Stay tuned and stay away from Jags....
I'm sorry for your loss, It's terrible that Jaguar would do such a thing, although you probably already know that all companies will do anything that they can to get out of agreements made to their customers..Good luck with them in the future, I hope you will get something out of them

by the way, I'm moving this to the 'Euro imports' section ..also, it's very polite to use the intro section too
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 09:20 PM   #3
cigars
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I'm sorry for your loss, It's terrible that Jaguar would do such a thing, although you probably already know that all companies will do anything that they can to get out of agreements made to their customers..Good luck with them in the future, I hope you will get something out of them

by the way, I'm moving this to the 'Euro imports' section ..also, it's very polite to use the intro section too

Cliff thank you for the kind words. I have introduced myself in the new members section. Thanks

Last edited by cigars : 05-13-2004 at 09:28 PM.
cigars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 09:30 PM   #4
DodgeRida67
Banned
 
DodgeRida67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Jackson, Georgia
Posts: 2,056
Is there any piece of paper anywhere you ever saw, signed or was notified of, had access to, or exists today thats says the car has to be privately owned to be turned in under those conditions?
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 09:56 PM   #5
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by cigars
This has got to be the most dishonest and treacherous car company in the world. The cars are inferior and the service is even worst.

Emotional hyperbole at it's finest. Sorry for your loss, but people have been burned by dealers of EVERY car make. And by contracts of every sort. I can go on car sites specializing in opinions and find the same charge levelled at every brand out there.

Your ONE example does not make a manufacturer "the most dishonest and treacherous car company in the world."

Your best bet is to get a lawyer to read the contents of the original contract, so you either know what the truth is, or at least have something to hold over the dealer's head.

As for that last statement, do you remember Jaguar from before Ford owned them? This is MY driveway:

__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 10:02 PM   #6
DodgeRida67
Banned
 
DodgeRida67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Jackson, Georgia
Posts: 2,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Emotional hyperbole at it's finest. Sorry for your loss, but people have been burned by dealers of EVERY car make. And by contracts of every sort. I can go on car sites specializing in opinions and find the same charge levelled at every brand out there.

Your ONE example does not make a manufacturer "the most dishonest and treacherous car company in the world."

Your best bet is to get a lawyer to read the contents of the original contract, so you either know what the truth is, or at least have something to hold over the dealer's head.

As for that last statement, do you remember Jaguar from before Ford owned them? This is MY driveway:

Thats what I was getting at, just in a nicer way and dodging coming strait out and saying it.

When you go to a dealer, they will tell you what you want to hear. You don't listen to them. You read your contracts and such. It's not their fault, it's basically your own ignorance for believing them that you got treated like that for. They just filled you with half truthes, but it was probably written somewhere that it has to be privately owned only to get that deal and you just didnt look for it.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 10:07 PM   #7
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
Thats what I was getting at, just in a nicer way and dodging coming strait out and saying it.

When you go to a dealer, they will tell you what you want to hear. You don't listen to them. You read your contracts and such. It's not their fault, it's basically your own ignorance for believing them that you got treated like that for. They just filled you with half truthes, but it was probably written somewhere that it has to be privately owned only to get that deal and you just didnt look for it.
I agree with you to an extent, DodgeRida and Chris, however, Jaguar have been known for getting themselves out of binding agreements in the past. Obviously, all companies do it (not always car companies either). The way they tend to do this is by piling on all the paperwork and waiting while you, the customer, sits there and reads it. This, in most cases, makes you skim through the text rather than reading it thoroughly. In the case of 'Cigars' Jaguars customer service skills leave alot to be desired. I still say they ought to sort something out
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 10:11 PM   #8
DodgeRida67
Banned
 
DodgeRida67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Jackson, Georgia
Posts: 2,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I agree with you to an extent, DodgeRida and Chris, however, Jaguar have been known for getting themselves out of binding agreements in the past. Obviously, all companies do it (not always car companies either). The way they tend to do this is by piling on all the paperwork and waiting while you, the customer, sits there and reads it. This, in most cases, makes you skim through the text rather than reading it thoroughly. In the case of 'Cigars' Jaguars customer service skills leave alot to be desired. I still say they ought to sort something out
Yes they pile on the paperwork, but you can't blame them and get sour for you not reading it and signing off for it. I know there was something somewhere saying it had to be privately owned, it's required by law. They have given out millions of the same contracts probably, the law is farmiliar with it all, so basically if you want to take it to court its an automatic loose.

It sucks, it really does.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 10:15 PM   #9
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
Yes they pile on the paperwork, but you can't blame them and get sour for you not reading it and signing off for it. I know there was something somewhere saying it had to be privately owned, it's required by law. They have given out millions of the same contracts probably, the law is farmiliar with it all, so basically if you want to take it to court its an automatic loose.

It sucks, it really does.
My point was, the salesmen diliberatelly pile on the paperwork and wait while you sign it...It's just hard to read and sign while they are watching, it makes you read the literature to quickly, also, manufacturers word things in a complicated manor, that most people would need a dictionary to look up!..and it's not an automatic lose either, it depends very much, on the contract..we haven't seen it after all!
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 10:16 PM   #10
cinqyg
CF Freak
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Midlands, England
Posts: 851
its the good old fashioned, heres a cup of tea thats hotter than the sun, trick.

Send them a few intersting letters and tell the local paper about it, you might be able to sort it out that way. sorry about ur dad.
cinqyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 10:19 PM   #11
DodgeRida67
Banned
 
DodgeRida67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Jackson, Georgia
Posts: 2,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinqyg
its the good old fashioned, heres a cup of tea thats hotter than the sun, trick.

Send them a few intersting letters and tell the local paper about it, you might be able to sort it out that way. sorry about ur dad.
Put it in the paper. Whoever reads the paper will think "aw hell, why does a story like this get on the paper everyday" People get ripped off everyday because of not knowing what the hell they're getting into.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 10:34 PM   #12
cinqyg
CF Freak
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Midlands, England
Posts: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
Put it in the paper. Whoever reads the paper will think "aw hell, why does a story like this get on the paper everyday" People get ripped off everyday because of not knowing what the hell they're getting into.

diffrent culture i guess. we use media to piss ppl off it ussally works a treat, well overe here on our little english isle anyways.
cinqyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 10:58 PM   #13
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue
 
BavarianWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,154
.
.
Nice couple of Jags...ChrisV.

Have you had much problem with the electrical systems? I have three friends with Jags about that same age and they have all had elec. problems...from lights not working properly, to annoying unknown problems with starting the car...

I have heard from a mech or two that they are notorious for this type of problem. But then you hear this a lot from mech's of all types.
.
.
__________________

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 10:59 PM   #14
cinqyg
CF Freak
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Midlands, England
Posts: 851
alot depends on the age and lucus electrics
cinqyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 03:21 AM   #15
cigars
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
Thats what I was getting at, just in a nicer way and dodging coming strait out and saying it.

When you go to a dealer, they will tell you what you want to hear. You don't listen to them. You read your contracts and such. It's not their fault, it's basically your own ignorance for believing them that you got treated like that for. They just filled you with half truthes, but it was probably written somewhere that it has to be privately owned only to get that deal and you just didnt look for it.

It's not just about the dealer. I personally called Jaguar to work it out and when we had no choice but to keep the car and pay the past due that was owed during my dad's hospitalization, they clearly told me that if I paid the amount due they would waive the late fees. After they received the money they came back at me and said that now I have to pay the late fee. That was downright dishonest and a technique they used to falsely induce me to paying the amount due, since the late fee is substantially less. This was from one of the top guys at Jaguar credit. Now if he is the boss imagine what the underlings are capable of doing. That's the low level crap that unscrupuleous used car dealers and scam artists use. With this attitude I am sure that they have no problems with their dealers lying to older seniors in order to sell cars.
cigars is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.