Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2009, 10:15 PM   #1
shox1991
CF Newbie

vauxhall cavalier 1.8i engine project

hi there im starting a project on my cavalier, well i want to and i was just wandering,
i have a vauxhall cavalier 1.8i 1995 SOHC,
would i be able to convert this to a DOHC or cant it be done and is it worth doing?
also im trying to think of engine modifications i could do to increase top speed, acceleration and BHP, any ideas would be a big help,
also i think if i do convert to a DOHC what would be the best racing type cams to put in? o was thinking of something from KENT CAMS but dont really know much about modding as i am only 17 atm
thanks
jamie
shox1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:54 AM   #2
corbett_auto
CF Addict

I do not think this is worth the hassle.

It would probably just be easier to just buy a Cavlier that already has the motor you want. At a minimum you would have to also swap out the computer and you may even need swap out the wiring harness or do a lot of modifications to the existing wiring.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:57 PM   #3
Cliffy
CF Loafer

It can be done quite easily, as DOHC engines were fitted to some Cavaliers as standard. However, as Corbett says, it's easier to just buy a DOHC model for a few hundred quid. I sense you want it as a project though, so buying another car would defeat tyhe object really, lol.

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:36 AM   #4
samabhi124
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shox1991
hi there im starting a project on my cavalier, well i want to and i was just wandering,
i have a vauxhall cavalier 1.8i 1995 SOHC,
would i be able to convert this to a DOHC or cant it be done and is it worth doing?
also im trying to think of engine modifications i could do to increase top speed, acceleration and BHP, any ideas would be a big help,
also i think if i do convert to a DOHC what would be the best racing type cams to put in? o was thinking of something from KENT CAMS but dont really know much about modding as i am only 17 atm
thanks
jamie

No, I don't think, this is worth doing. It is waste of type as well as money also.
samabhi124 is offline   Reply With Quote