Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2009, 09:15 AM   #1
What V
Banned

Wow, Banned For This?

I noticed like, last week that I was banned again. I got a little time at the moment so I want to ask...WAS THIS REALLY A BAN-ABLE QUOTE?

I wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by What III
Corbett I don't recognize anything of me in your post. I'm not here to prove I'm a bad-ass. I'm here to...post my opinion. Yall exaggerate What. Like, it's just accepted in this thread that I'm just an F'n TERROR on the boards. No, not really...that's not me.

Maybe you all are too dramatic. So how about you all reach in your pants, turn down your sissy and have cry-baby free conversation. If I throw racist remarks or start murdering members (again, apparently) then I'l happily accept my ban. Until then, lets have peace.

BavarianWheels responded:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
And THIS is what you all want on the forum? LOL...

Nice try Corbett...but as you can see, not even complimenting this individual gets you any sort of friendly respect...instead you're told you're too dramatic and to turn your sissy down...THEN..."let's have peace".

Honestly. Once again, What does it to himself. Let enough rope out and the boy hangs himself every time. I didn't doubt it would happen, just thought he might stick around a couple of weeks at least.

Seriously...you all agree with this? Maybe I under-estimate the sting in my posts, but I DID NOT see a ban-worthy post when I pressed submit. I've seen much more offensive posts go un-punished. I'm disappointed that Bav won't let me talk to you all. I like sharing my opinion.
What V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:01 PM   #2
thefonz
CF Addict

It doesn't take much to rattle their cage. Seems like just you being here is reason enough for them.
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:48 PM   #3
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

I can understand where Bav is coming from, you might just have to change the way you speak (or type) to people. I don't think the above statement is ban-worthy but I can understand it not being wanted in a Forum about cars in general.

But What, I must say you are by far the most productive member when it comes to covering new concept cars and stuff like that. I'm too lazy and I don't have the time either but its nice to see something about a car every now and then instead of the usual Newyorker shoot-offs or whatever, like the Ferrari F450 thread for example, there are others from the past as well I'm sure.

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:02 PM   #4
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Once again, What is banned...as I promised.

...and might I add...What is yet allowed to state his peace.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:16 PM   #5
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

I can't understand both why What is so insistent on coming back to this forum and why Bav is so insistent on banning him. This forum is as dead as dead gets. Either direction for either one won't really change much.
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:34 PM   #6
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
I can't understand both why What is so insistent on coming back to this forum and why Bav is so insistent on banning him. This forum is as dead as dead gets. Either direction for either one won't really change much.

Reasons are many as have been chances for What. This just happens to be the last straw for a good while. You don't need to agree...understanding can be found by simple searching.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:46 PM   #7
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Reasons are many as have been chances for What. This just happens to be the last straw for a good while. You don't need to agree...understanding can be found by simple searching.
Because he called you out?
Link
How about we let the forums moderate themselves? If I don't wanna hear from what, I can ignore him or don't read his posts.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:38 PM   #8
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Because he called you out?
Link
How about we let the forums moderate themselves? If I don't wanna hear from what, I can ignore him or don't read his posts.

Called out? Not hardly.

Complain away.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:35 AM   #9
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Bav pretty much has a vendetta against What, that's why he keeps banning him. It's painfully obvious.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:45 PM   #10
corbett_auto
CF Addict

Again I say, why would you intentionally piss off someone that is holding the rope around your kneck? He didn't have to kiss his A$$, but at least lay low and hang out for a while. It has been said that Bav has it out for What..... I think it is the other way around. What is comming here just to piss off Bav and to ruffle a few feathers in the process. And look its working.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:21 PM   #11
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

Quote:

I don't care for What's ban one way or the other. My point is: are you banning him for the better of the forum or for your personal ego? The fact that you enjoy hearing others complain while you take away one of five active members means it's probably the latter.

Like I said, don't get me wrong: I don't care if he's banned or not...I'm just showing that there's a reason power corrupts...
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:28 PM   #12
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
I don't care for What's ban one way or the other. My point is: are you banning him for the better of the forum or for your personal ego? The fact that you enjoy hearing others complain while you take away one of five active members means it's probably the latter.

Like I said, don't get me wrong: I don't care if he's banned or not...I'm just showing that there's a reason power corrupts...

I don't enjoy hearing complaints but I'm open to hearing them and doing my best to remedy the problem for the good of the community. If a complaint is going to be just a bunch of name-calling and cussing out, then it's not really a complaint, but a useless rant. Too much of that will get anyone banned as it is apparent the person is not happy and might be happier elsewhere. What was banned initially for exactly what he's been again, for at least the third time now, banned for. All his actions do is establish that he cannot control himself and ends up back at square one. In other words, he's unable to learn his limits...limits he's imposed on himself given his unwillingness to abide in some limits.

I believe What, if left to simply add content, comment and "play" like the rest of the forum is an asset to the forum. But since it is he (as some others) that apparently has a personal vendetta with me and how I moderate, and attempts to build an uprising against me and other mods, then his complaints/rants/threats become an issue. Anyone is allowed to complain...it's the manner in which they choose to convey those complaints that may be found cause for a ban.

I hope this makes sense. If not, you're welcome to ask for clarification.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:26 PM   #13
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
I don't enjoy hearing complaints but I'm open to hearing them and doing my best to remedy the problem for the good of the community. If a complaint is going to be just a bunch of name-calling and cussing out, then it's not really a complaint, but a useless rant. Too much of that will get anyone banned as it is apparent the person is not happy and might be happier elsewhere. What was banned initially for exactly what he's been again, for at least the third time now, banned for. All his actions do is establish that he cannot control himself and ends up back at square one. In other words, he's unable to learn his limits...limits he's imposed on himself given his unwillingness to abide in some limits.

I believe What, if left to simply add content, comment and "play" like the rest of the forum is an asset to the forum. But since it is he (as some others) that apparently has a personal vendetta with me and how I moderate, and attempts to build an uprising against me and other mods, then his complaints/rants/threats become an issue. Anyone is allowed to complain...it's the manner in which they choose to convey those complaints that may be found cause for a ban.

I hope this makes sense. If not, you're welcome to ask for clarification.
Clarify, please. I have very little against how you moderate (excepts for banning What). What exactly was the first reason that you banned What? I've been looking but can't find anything too controversial.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:54 PM   #14
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Clarify, please. I have very little against how you moderate (excepts for banning What). What exactly was the first reason that you banned What? I've been looking but can't find anything too controversial.

Initially...whew...a bit hazy since it was a while back, but I think it was for basically complaining to the point of not being able to control his language or his threats. He was complaining about not being able to cuss people out freely or discuss inappropriate topics...if I remember correctly.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:48 AM   #15
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Screw it all, just give up.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote