Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2009, 03:51 PM   #16
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Don't get me wrong, I don't have much time for What, but banning him does seem in vain, as all he does is return. There have been far more destructive members than What, too...Or at least a far more destructive member in my opinion. Not wanting to rock the boat too much here, but when Satty took it upon himself to ban somebody a while ago (of which I whole-heartedly agreed with), all hell broke loose, from both Bav, and other members of the community. On the flip side, it annoys me when everybody moans about what getting banned, because he should really have had his IP banned in the first instance...when he really was destructive, but that's not been possible. Now he seems a little more calm, but should he really be here now anyway?

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:56 PM   #17
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Don't get me wrong, I don't have much time for What, but banning him does seem in vain, as all he does is return. There have been far more destructive members than What, too...Or at least a far more destructive member in my opinion. Not wanting to rock the boat too much here, but when Satty took it upon himself to ban somebody a while ago (of which I whole-heartedly agreed with), all hell broke loose, from both Bav, and other members of the community. On the flip side, it annoys me when everybody moans about what getting banned, because he should really have had his IP banned in the first instance...when he really was destructive, but that's not been possible. Now he seems a little more calm, but should he really be here now anyway?

I see your point and would agree to some level, but not at saying What is less destructive.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:45 PM   #18
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Gay...
Old 04-17-2009, 08:32 PM   #19
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

There's coming to a car forum and arguing about cars, and then there's coming to a car forum only to be antisocial and disruptive. What's been doing more with cars lately, but I wonder about the type of person that HAS to keep coming back to a particular forum constantly on the warpath and constantly being disruptive despite repeated bannings. There seems to be a mental disconnect there...

There are other forums. If one bans you, move along.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:40 PM   #20
thefonz
CF Addict

If he really wanted to do right, he would come back under a new name and show some maturity and not let anybody know who he is. Every time he comes back, he makes sure we know who he is.
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:51 PM   #21
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefonz
If he really wanted to do right, he would come back under a new name and show some maturity and not let anybody know who he is. Every time he comes back, he makes sure we know who he is.

Initially I will not allow him to return. As soon as I see it's him, he'll be rebanned. His IP address(s) list with all his name(s).

He was allowed to come back and do his thing now, but you see he couldn't be respectful (or even civil) for more than a day or two. I suspect that to be the case each time he's allowed to return.

His list of names and IP addresses keeps growing.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:29 PM   #22
Cliffy
CF Loafer

I've never known a single member demand such attention...Well, I have, but that's a whole other story. Every time What returns, we fall for his hard done by antics...Guys, this is what he wants, and ChrisK, you played right in to his hands with your Poll.

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:04 AM   #23
chris_knows
๑۩۞

I like his cocky attitude. Makes for some good laughs.
Fly ass freestyles too lol
Old 04-22-2009, 02:00 AM   #24
glagon1979
daddy x3

i voted no, lol
Old 05-14-2009, 07:45 PM   #25
SyntheticTrust
Female of the *****

Whoever said money doesn't buy happiness obviously doesn't know where to buy a HORSE.
SyntheticTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:55 PM   #26
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
I don't enjoy hearing complaints

No one ever does.

Quote:
attempts to build an uprising against me and other mods, then his complaints/rants/threats become an issue

You have access to modify, change, or delete every account, profile, post, thread, and or section in this forum. Unless he has access to the administrative tools within this server, he poses no more of a threat to you than any other member, or admin for that matter.

I'm sure people appreciate your willingness to explain and clarify your actions, however you were given authoritative powers for a reason. Whomever owns and operates this server saw fit to instill you with the power to do so. Your actions don't warrant an explanation.

You banned him because you felt you needed to. Simple as that...

Aside from that... wow...

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:18 PM   #27
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
No one ever does.

You have access to modify, change, or delete every account, profile, post, thread, and or section in this forum. Unless he has access to the administrative tools within this server, he poses no more of a threat to you than any other member, or admin for that matter.

I'm sure people appreciate your willingness to explain and clarify your actions, however you were given authoritative powers for a reason. Whomever owns and operates this server saw fit to instill you with the power to do so. Your actions don't warrant an explanation.

You banned him because you felt you needed to. Simple as that...

Aside from that... wow...

If it was my (or any other mod here) intention to purposely run this place as a dictatorship, I would do as you say. However, as some may know, I do take into account everyone's feelings on matters. What, is simply one of those matters that has gone over and beyond considering the forum's thoughts. In any case, it seems he only has a half dozen followers anyway. Hardly a reason for me to think or do otherwise with him.

Once again, in time he may be allowed to return under his What ID. For now he'll have to make attemps to be sly and fly under the radar to get back in here because the moment I find him registering or already posting...he's gone.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:13 PM   #28
99integra
CF's Florida boy

I think we can all agree this forum seldom talks about cars anymore, sad to see but what can you do. It's a bunch of post whores (including myself) for the most part flaming each other.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:06 AM   #29
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
In any case, it seems he only has a half dozen followers anyway.

Uh, there's about 7 regular posters.

Just sayin'...

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:28 AM   #30
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
Uh, there's about 7 regular posters.

Just sayin'...

Oh well in light of THAT bit of news...What is welcome back on the forums...

NOT!