Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 03:51 PM   #16
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Don't get me wrong, I don't have much time for What, but banning him does seem in vain, as all he does is return. There have been far more destructive members than What, too...Or at least a far more destructive member in my opinion. Not wanting to rock the boat too much here, but when Satty took it upon himself to ban somebody a while ago (of which I whole-heartedly agreed with), all hell broke loose, from both Bav, and other members of the community. On the flip side, it annoys me when everybody moans about what getting banned, because he should really have had his IP banned in the first instance...when he really was destructive, but that's not been possible. Now he seems a little more calm, but should he really be here now anyway?
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:56 PM   #17
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue
 
BavarianWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Don't get me wrong, I don't have much time for What, but banning him does seem in vain, as all he does is return. There have been far more destructive members than What, too...Or at least a far more destructive member in my opinion. Not wanting to rock the boat too much here, but when Satty took it upon himself to ban somebody a while ago (of which I whole-heartedly agreed with), all hell broke loose, from both Bav, and other members of the community. On the flip side, it annoys me when everybody moans about what getting banned, because he should really have had his IP banned in the first instance...when he really was destructive, but that's not been possible. Now he seems a little more calm, but should he really be here now anyway?

I see your point and would agree to some level, but not at saying What is less destructive.
.
.
__________________

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:45 PM   #18
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL
 
Enthusiast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,106
Gay...
__________________
Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:32 PM   #19
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
There's coming to a car forum and arguing about cars, and then there's coming to a car forum only to be antisocial and disruptive. What's been doing more with cars lately, but I wonder about the type of person that HAS to keep coming back to a particular forum constantly on the warpath and constantly being disruptive despite repeated bannings. There seems to be a mental disconnect there...

There are other forums. If one bans you, move along.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:40 PM   #20
thefonz
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 250
If he really wanted to do right, he would come back under a new name and show some maturity and not let anybody know who he is. Every time he comes back, he makes sure we know who he is.
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:51 PM   #21
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue
 
BavarianWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefonz
If he really wanted to do right, he would come back under a new name and show some maturity and not let anybody know who he is. Every time he comes back, he makes sure we know who he is.

Initially I will not allow him to return. As soon as I see it's him, he'll be rebanned. His IP address(s) list with all his name(s).

He was allowed to come back and do his thing now, but you see he couldn't be respectful (or even civil) for more than a day or two. I suspect that to be the case each time he's allowed to return.

His list of names and IP addresses keeps growing.
.
.
__________________

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:29 PM   #22
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
I've never known a single member demand such attention...Well, I have, but that's a whole other story. Every time What returns, we fall for his hard done by antics...Guys, this is what he wants, and ChrisK, you played right in to his hands with your Poll.
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:04 AM   #23
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
I like his cocky attitude. Makes for some good laughs.
Fly ass freestyles too lol
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:00 AM   #24
glagon1979
daddy x3
 
glagon1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: back in Williamson, NY
Posts: 1,101
i voted no, lol
__________________
this forum is to dead to share a cool sig with everybody....
glagon1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:45 PM   #25
SyntheticTrust
Female of the *****
 
SyntheticTrust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 1,128
__________________


Whoever said money doesn't buy happiness obviously doesn't know where to buy a HORSE.
SyntheticTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:55 PM   #26
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire
 
DSMer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
I don't enjoy hearing complaints

No one ever does.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
attempts to build an uprising against me and other mods, then his complaints/rants/threats become an issue

You have access to modify, change, or delete every account, profile, post, thread, and or section in this forum. Unless he has access to the administrative tools within this server, he poses no more of a threat to you than any other member, or admin for that matter.

I'm sure people appreciate your willingness to explain and clarify your actions, however you were given authoritative powers for a reason. Whomever owns and operates this server saw fit to instill you with the power to do so. Your actions don't warrant an explanation.

You banned him because you felt you needed to. Simple as that...



Aside from that... wow...
__________________

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:18 PM   #27
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue
 
BavarianWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
No one ever does.

You have access to modify, change, or delete every account, profile, post, thread, and or section in this forum. Unless he has access to the administrative tools within this server, he poses no more of a threat to you than any other member, or admin for that matter.

I'm sure people appreciate your willingness to explain and clarify your actions, however you were given authoritative powers for a reason. Whomever owns and operates this server saw fit to instill you with the power to do so. Your actions don't warrant an explanation.

You banned him because you felt you needed to. Simple as that...



Aside from that... wow...

If it was my (or any other mod here) intention to purposely run this place as a dictatorship, I would do as you say. However, as some may know, I do take into account everyone's feelings on matters. What, is simply one of those matters that has gone over and beyond considering the forum's thoughts. In any case, it seems he only has a half dozen followers anyway. Hardly a reason for me to think or do otherwise with him.

Once again, in time he may be allowed to return under his What ID. For now he'll have to make attemps to be sly and fly under the radar to get back in here because the moment I find him registering or already posting...he's gone.
.
.
__________________

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:13 PM   #28
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
I think we can all agree this forum seldom talks about cars anymore, sad to see but what can you do. It's a bunch of post whores (including myself) for the most part flaming each other.
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:06 AM   #29
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels
 
jedimario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Clemson University
Posts: 2,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
In any case, it seems he only has a half dozen followers anyway.

Uh, there's about 7 regular posters.

Just sayin'...
__________________


UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:28 AM   #30
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue
 
BavarianWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
Uh, there's about 7 regular posters.

Just sayin'...

Oh well in light of THAT bit of news...What is welcome back on the forums...

NOT!
.
.
__________________

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.