Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2004, 12:06 AM   #61
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voda48
Thanks Bav. I dont quite get what DSM is getting at here but I'll let him run with it. Anyways I know that they are still fast, I have one of those "old ricers" (Laser RS Turbo)

No No Voda, I was ribbing yah like. You know aha you're not getting away wit dat one . You know ol buddy ol chum ol pal humor?

Quote:
From my readings, alot of the people posting here want to beat the ricers at their own game by dropping v8's into everything. It might only be me but isnt the ricers game the 4 cyl. and the elite ricer cars such as the supra's and the skylines run the 6 cyl. with the wankle rotary as an exception of course.

Its not the question of "When will GM or Ford produce a car thats an import killer". The tallent is allready out there. Its up to the consumers, car enthuisiast, and tunerz to find it. There are plenty of cars that compete with imports and stand a chance of winning.
Z06 vs Skyline/NSX/Supra
Caddilac CTS-V vs IS300
Focus vs Civic Si
Cavalier/Neon SRT vs Prelude/DelSol/Integra/Civic
Camaro/Mustang vs Supra/300ZX/350Z

Ladies and Gents of CF, the competition is out there. You just gotta find it...

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 02:29 PM   #62
Patrick
CF Addict

Location: Louisville, KY. We don't wear shoes, and it would be a shame to see someone with a full set of teeth.
Quote:
Dodge is doing a good job with the SRT-4 though
The current Cavaliers, Neons, and Focuses won't cut it
The SRT-4 is considered a Neon. But yes, I am in agreement- the current compact cars don't have what it takes.

Quote:
GM should scrap the Sunfire and bring out a new Cavalier with a V6

The Cobalt, like importluva said, is a new Cavalier. And the plans for a Cavalier SS don't look so bad. It's sad that the car is ugly as sin, though. I don't see the reason to scrap the Sunfire, though... but it is in dire need of serious refreshment.

The Pony cars you mentioned before are just that- pony cars. Mustangs, Camaros, and Firebirds aren't really made to contend with Asian competition. And I don't know- I'd prefer Ford make a kickass version of the ZX2 rather than the Focus.

"Treat man as he is, and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he could be, and he will become what he should be." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"A man's health can be measured by which he takes two at a time-- pills or stairs." ~ Joan Welsh
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 10:54 AM   #63
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick
The Pony cars you mentioned before are just that- pony cars. Mustangs, Camaros, and Firebirds aren't really made to contend with Asian competition. And I don't know- I'd prefer Ford make a kickass version of the ZX2 rather than the Focus.

All cars are made to contend with others. Since contend is nothing but a label for competition. Labeling something as a "Pony" car does'nt mean people can't race it at the track. I honestly think the potential is out there...you just gotta find it.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 05:16 AM   #64
A-Poc
CF Newbie

I think Dodge is starting to get on track this year. They're bringing back their rear wheel drive cars. Not these crappy front wheel drive sh*t boxes. I think all the American companies should start looking for their answers by using common sense. Rear wheel drive cars do better burn outs, they sell and basically they just OWN. Then again AWD cars can be pretty cool. I'm starting to think the American companies are trying too hard to be like the foreigners when they should be going oldschool. Everyone respected cars back in the 60's and 70's because 1.They hand immence power and 2.They were just plain cool. All you answers are in the past, you just have to realize it.
A-Poc is offline   Reply With Quote