Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2009, 09:23 PM   #1
sean_hawn19
CF Newbie

Question 2004 Hyundai Accent Audio Problem

I own a 2004 Hyundai Accent with a factory installed stereo (Model # HCD 5064). I have recently loss all fm radio stations, the odd time they will come in. Now I live in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, big city, so I know that it is not a problem getting a singal. My first thought was that is was the antenna or wire. However, I can recieve really clear am radio stations all the time, even when the fm station have stopped coming in. Does this more then likely mean that it is a problem with the FM Tuner in the radio?
Secondly I recently got an Ipod and wanted to use an FM transmitter, of course under this situation can't. What would be my cheapest solution to this?
The radio is said to control a cd changer, is there anything that could change that to an aux input? or a easy way to add an aux input myself? Or is my best bet to buy and install an aftermarket radio with an aux included? I don't want to lose the sound quality I have with the factory speakers and don't want to spend a lot of money.

Thanks
sean_hawn19 is offline   Reply With Quote