Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2009, 12:42 AM   #1
jessetjames
CF Newbie

first car.3000gt worth it?

so ive been looking around for sweet looking cars found a 3000gt i love them and i would really like to have one but the only problem is ive read some reliability issues. Is it a decent first car. ( I have less then 4 grand to spend so i would be buying 1996 or something around there) also around what millage do the issues come into play. like if i buy one with 120k should all the problems be fixed?

Thanks
jessetjames
jessetjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:03 AM   #2
corbett_auto
CF Addict

Problems with any car do not come in to play at any given mileage... it is all in how they were driven to reach their current mileage. And one draw back to the 3000GT is that due to the car they are, they tend to be driven hard. 120k is not really high mileage, but be ready for some repairs. A friend of mine has one with over 300k and he has had very few issues....

Good luck with what ever you get.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:16 AM   #3
jessetjames
CF Newbie

is there something sporty like the 3000gt that is reliable? but im guessing since its sporty people are going to run them hard and turn them to shit lol
jessetjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:44 AM   #4
corbett_auto
CF Addict

That potential exists with any car. For a first car you want to find something inexpensive to buy and maintain. Good choices are the low to mid level imports such as either the Honda Civic or Accord. The best thing to do is log onto AutoTrader and look through all of the various models available along with the prices... even filter the results to suit your price range.... Look through all of the choices and see what excites you. After all it is your car and should suit your needs not ours (or your friends).