Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-17-2004, 03:34 PM   #1
cmeseadoin
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 596
VWHOBO leaving this forum

I just wanted to take a minute or two and let everyone know what I thought of the forum thread regarding VWHOBO departing this chat forum. From what I intuitively gather, there were obviously personal issues that developed for one reason or another between another member(s) and VWHOBO. Personally I feel that this should not make any difference on a person's existence in this medium. I don't believe that any of us know each other in the real world (I could be wrong) nor do I feel that anyone on here has any obligation to anyone else any further than to be obliging and considerate to others to some degree, with some level of flaming considered non-offensive/normal humor and "in good gest." We are all in here to hash out car problems and hopefully help each other out. For these reasons, I could care less if someone would have a personal issue with me or anyone else for that matter. That is between you and the stated opposition and should have no bearing on one person or both leaving the forum. That is caddy bullshit that should not be the end result. I thought we were about all that in this forum? After all, I "thought" this forum was the best one out there.

Let's look at the facts for a moment. VWHOBO was a VERY well respected asset of this forum by many people such as myself and when he answered questions, he no-doubted knew what he was speaking about and knew the validity of the information provided. This is MUCH more than what I can say for many others in here that come in for nothing but chatting and small talk, hence, taking up bandwidth and waiting time when it really comes down to it. I think without VWHOBO, this chat forum is has suffered a significant loss and I am afraid that I don't view it the same. This is no-offense to anyone running it now, I've had no interaction with them and I am sure thing will continue to go on. I find it sad that within an "internet chat forum," people could take it so seriously as to let something personally offend them, or whatever the case, to the point that someone leaves. That is absurd. Again, I care not what the issue is/was. Unless someone came on here that I really know in the real, threatened my family or me personally or I could care less what someone else would think of me or anything else for that matter, nor would I get offended. Instead, I would let them know that in no uncertain terms and go on about my business. I can help with car problems and when I have a question, I like to know that someone out there who is knowledgeable in the arena might be there and kind enough to help me out.

Now, with VWHOBO gone, I question the level of quality help with issues I will get on this site because I have held this forum to a certain standard that I knew and understood when everything was "normal" with VW here. I really looked forward to hearing what he had to say even if he told me I was a dumbass for not thinking of the answer myself. If things like that offend you from him, then you need to step outside of your little world where you take yourself so seriously and relax. He clearly knew what he was doing and what he was talking about MUCH more so than anyone else I have ever gotten information from on an internet chat forum, moreover, this one. He was obviously a busy man and always had time to come in here and post replies to questions that we would post. I think his loss is a monumental icon of the theory I have held all along: The few always ruin it for the many. Because of some issue between VW and someone else that affects NO-one but those two parties, we all suffer the loss that he no longer is or feels welcome here. That is bullshit, yet, another example of how we "dumb" everything down in America to the lowest common denominator because some idiot gets "offended."

I hope that if he should decide to start another forum is some other "cyber-land," he'll let a few select ones of us know about it. I had ZERO issues with him and don't want to be in the middle of a forum where people carry on like 6 year olds. If you can't come on here and help others and joke around while also having some fun, then you should not be on here. Again, I donít know what happened and who it was between including VW etc. What I do know is that I don't care. I care that a valued asset to this forum, who in my opinion MADE this site what it is...is now gone...and for WHAT? GREAT going!

VW, if you are out there and able to read this....please let me know if you are still willing to communicate via email or some method. I had nothing to do with anything here and wish you the very best. I wish you'd come back because YOU KNOW how much many of us thought of your presence here...and for those that did not, SCREW THEM!! If you are not willing or just don't want to be involved in this to any degree any further, I do understand and wish you the best. Thanks for all of your help with my problems in the past! I'll certainly miss your presence here!!!
__________________
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2002 Pontiac Trans AM Ram Air WS-6, 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 2002 Durango 5.9 R/T, 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 1994 Ford Taurus SHO 3.2L, 1976 Buick 225 Limited, 1992 Miata, 2008 Miata.

Other toys: 2003 Honda Superhawk 996 sportbike, 2007 Suzuki M109R cruiser, 2006 Kawasaki KLR 650, 1996 and 1997 Sea Doo GSX limited watercraft.
cmeseadoin is offline  
Old 05-17-2004, 04:39 PM   #2
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue
 
BavarianWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,154
.
.
Although none of us know the actual circumstances that lead up to him leaving, I am one that has noticed the huge void that has resulted.

You know something is wrong when certain individuals have "taken over" the R&M section...and people are listening.
.
.
__________________

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline  
Old 05-17-2004, 07:01 PM   #3
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
cemeseadoin, I respect what you are saying, however, this place isn't solely about helping people with their car trouble as you seem to describe. You say that most people come here for the 'small talk'....that, is what makes this place, not an individual member. As much as I respected vwhobo's knowledge of cars, and his willingness to help out, I think tbaxle has the R&M section pretty sussed out (well done tbaxle ), and I'm always willing to give it my best shot, although US cars often baffle me. So, as I said, it's not just the R&M section that counts
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline  
Old 05-17-2004, 07:06 PM   #4
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue
 
BavarianWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
You know something is wrong when certain individuals have "taken over" the R&M section...and people are listening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I think tbaxle has the R&M section pretty sussed out (well done tbaxle )

I hope you don't think I was speaking of either you or tbaxleyjr...
.
.
__________________

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline  
Old 05-17-2004, 07:09 PM   #5
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
I hope you don't think I was speaking of either you or tbaxleyjr...
.
.
LOL...Nooooo, far from it Bav..infact, I must have overlooked that part of your post
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline  
Old 05-17-2004, 07:13 PM   #6
cmeseadoin
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
.
.
Although none of us know the actual circumstances that lead up to him leaving, I am one that has noticed the huge void that has resulted.

You know something is wrong when certain individuals have "taken over" the R&M section...and people are listening.
.
.



Yeah, well like I said....I dont know why he left and I really dont care....I know he left and should not have had to...that is what counts. There is no reason at all that this should have happened and I feel strongly about it. If someone as valuable to this forum as VWHOBO can be somehow for some reason forced to leave, then that is complete BS. If this is a situation of power and such, whereas someone has to prove their SH*t don't stink, then I will be going elsewhere as well if that theory gains evidence to prove itself and I am able to see it. I don't play games nor support those that do when it comes to matters like this and I feel STRONGLY about it. NO ONE on this forum played as critical a role as VWHOBO to it's success and it quite frankly it infuriates me that he left because of some stupid BS that got started. I could not careless what happened, there is no excuse that someone should have to leave a forum unless they are clearly in violation of every standard and code of ethical conduct there is and/or is ditributing illegal information or doing somthing to hurt others. Again, this is an online arena and NO one should have the ability to override someone else or cause someone's presence to be over-ridden. Obviously if someone who is an idiot and not at all a positive contributor leaves the site then there is no big loss, however, the person in this case that left was the reason why this forum is/was what it is/was. I don't know, my opinion has changed of this whole site and I surely hope if nothing else, the people who are at fault here read this. I cannot believe that some stupid shit as this would occur and thus, losing the best valued member as a result. What a crock.
__________________
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2002 Pontiac Trans AM Ram Air WS-6, 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 2002 Durango 5.9 R/T, 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 1994 Ford Taurus SHO 3.2L, 1976 Buick 225 Limited, 1992 Miata, 2008 Miata.

Other toys: 2003 Honda Superhawk 996 sportbike, 2007 Suzuki M109R cruiser, 2006 Kawasaki KLR 650, 1996 and 1997 Sea Doo GSX limited watercraft.
cmeseadoin is offline  
Old 05-17-2004, 07:18 PM   #7
cmeseadoin
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
cemeseadoin, I respect what you are saying, however, this place isn't solely about helping people with their car trouble as you seem to describe. You say that most people come here for the 'small talk'....that, is what makes this place, not an individual member. As much as I respected vwhobo's knowledge of cars, and his willingness to help out, I think tbaxle has the R&M section pretty sussed out (well done tbaxle ), and I'm always willing to give it my best shot, although US cars often baffle me. So, as I said, it's not just the R&M section that counts


I know and agree with what you are saying and respect you for it, but look at the principle behind it all Cliffy. That is what I am argueing. I have expanded on this in my other posting and therefore, will not re-type it all. I just feel strongly that some catty BS went down and that is plainly politics in all definitional senses of the word. I am not discrediting ANY of the moderators now at all. I've had limited interaction as I have not been on the site for a while. I know the site will go on, I just think it is RIDICULOUS that a landmark member is now gone and all for what?
__________________
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2002 Pontiac Trans AM Ram Air WS-6, 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 2002 Durango 5.9 R/T, 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 1994 Ford Taurus SHO 3.2L, 1976 Buick 225 Limited, 1992 Miata, 2008 Miata.

Other toys: 2003 Honda Superhawk 996 sportbike, 2007 Suzuki M109R cruiser, 2006 Kawasaki KLR 650, 1996 and 1997 Sea Doo GSX limited watercraft.
cmeseadoin is offline  
Old 05-17-2004, 07:20 PM   #8
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeseadoin
Yeah, well like I said....I dont know why he left and I really dont care....I know he left and should not have had to...that is what counts. There is no reason at all that this should have happened and I feel strongly about it. If someone as valuable to this forum as VWHOBO can be somehow for some reason forced to leave, then that is complete BS. If this is a situation of power and such, whereas someone has to prove their SH*t don't stink, then I will be going elsewhere as well if that theory gains evidence to prove itself and I am able to see it. I don't play games nor support those that do when it comes to matters like this and I feel STRONGLY about it. NO ONE on this forum played as critical a role as VWHOBO to it's success and it quite frankly it infuriates me that he left because of some stupid BS that got started. I could not careless what happened, there is no excuse that someone should have to leave a forum unless they are clearly in violation of every standard and code of ethical conduct there is and/or is ditributing illegal information or doing somthing to hurt others. Again, this is an online arena and NO one should have the ability to override someone else or cause someone's presence to be over-ridden. Obviously if someone who is an idiot and not at all a positive contributor leaves the site then there is no big loss, however, the person in this case that left was the reason why this forum is/was what it is/was. I don't know, my opinion has changed of this whole site and I surely hope if nothing else, the people who are at fault here read this. I cannot believe that some stupid shit as this would occur and thus, losing the best valued member as a result. What a crock.
Well..at the end of the day, the hobo is a big boy and I'm sure he wouldn't leave because somebody asked/told him to...just one other question, why start a thread about this when one already exists?
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline  
Old 05-17-2004, 07:23 PM   #9
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue
 
BavarianWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,154
.
.
As I've mentioned, vwhobo's departure is greatly missed. Maybe it is just time that is needed. Priorities and attitudes change. I'm hoping for both in this situation.

Thanks for voicing your opinion. He was a big part of the community.
.
.
__________________

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline  
Old 05-17-2004, 07:24 PM   #10
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue
 
BavarianWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
...just one other question, why start a thread about this when one already exists?

Probably because the other turned into spamming by the new kids on the block.

Edit...and it's locked.
.
.
__________________

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2

Last edited by BavarianWheels : 05-17-2004 at 07:27 PM.
BavarianWheels is offline  
Old 05-17-2004, 07:27 PM   #11
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
Probably because the other turned into spamming by the new kids on the block.
.
.
True, but lets face it, this one will go the same way too....hell, it might even become a flame war lol *keeps a watchfull eye on it*
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline  
Old 05-17-2004, 07:33 PM   #12
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue
 
BavarianWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
True, but lets face it, this one will go the same way too....hell, it might even become a flame war lol *keeps a watchfull eye on it*

Not if I start deleting off-topic and unnecessary posts.

cmeseadoin has a legitimate gripe and some steam to blow off. As long as the thread remains a civilized discussion (if there is any discussion left) it shouldn't be a problem.
.
.
__________________

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline  
Old 05-17-2004, 10:37 PM   #13
cmeseadoin
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
Not if I start deleting off-topic and unnecessary posts.

cmeseadoin has a legitimate gripe and some steam to blow off. As long as the thread remains a civilized discussion (if there is any discussion left) it shouldn't be a problem.
.
.


I agree Bav, but hey, time will tell. Cliffy, another one was started because I needed boots to get through all the BS in the first one. Quite honestly, I was not interested in reading all that crap. Notice in this one, it's been you, me and Bav!
__________________
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2002 Pontiac Trans AM Ram Air WS-6, 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 2002 Durango 5.9 R/T, 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 1994 Ford Taurus SHO 3.2L, 1976 Buick 225 Limited, 1992 Miata, 2008 Miata.

Other toys: 2003 Honda Superhawk 996 sportbike, 2007 Suzuki M109R cruiser, 2006 Kawasaki KLR 650, 1996 and 1997 Sea Doo GSX limited watercraft.
cmeseadoin is offline  
Old 05-17-2004, 10:42 PM   #14
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeseadoin
I agree Bav, but hey, time will tell. Cliffy, another one was started because I needed boots to get through all the BS in the first one. Quite honestly, I was not interested in reading all that crap. Notice in this one, it's been you, me and Bav!
Yes, I did notice that, I wasn't trying to be nasty when I said that...was just askin' lol...You have made many valuable points in this thread
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline  
Old 05-17-2004, 11:34 PM   #15
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
I do also believe that there is a very large void that has occured since Hobos "departure", but I believe that because he obviously loved this forum very much that his leaving was something that was his choice. I have diserned this because he is the kind of person that wont leave when he is told to, nor will he back down. We must all remember that our dear friend contributed and aided many of us on this forum during his stay, and that he is/ was an asset that will be greatly miss. I also believe that if he knew about this sh*tstorm being thrown up about him that he would just tell us all to lay off. I leave you with one point: he chose to go and we should leave it at that.
__________________
John

StiMan is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.