Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2005, 08:22 PM   #1
chipstand
CF Newbie

Question nissan nx2000 not starting

92 nx2000 2.0L manual

i was backing up, shifted to 1st and then the engine cut out, now nothing happens when i try to start. wont turn over at all and the check engine light does not come on. interior lights and headlights still come on if i turn em on. tried to jump start which didnt work. any ideas?

edit: had a similar problem a few months ago but engine would turn over, needed a new ignition

Last edited by chipstand : 02-27-2005 at 08:29 PM.
chipstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 08:53 PM   #2
88GrandPrixSE
CF Freak

possibly the neutral switch though unlikely.. you never reverse then put it into gear bad bad bad bad bad. Always stop. Does the starter click or anything?
88GrandPrixSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 11:39 PM   #3
chipstand
CF Newbie

yea i did stop~~:P but nope, no click, completely dead
chipstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 01:38 AM   #4
CharmfulDelight
CF Newbie

Similar problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipstand
92 nx2000 2.0L manual

i was backing up, shifted to 1st and then the engine cut out, now nothing happens when i try to start. wont turn over at all and the check engine light does not come on. interior lights and headlights still come on if i turn em on. tried to jump start which didnt work. any ideas?

edit: had a similar problem a few months ago but engine would turn over, needed a new ignition

Hey new here.
I have the same problem except the car chugged and died. The clock still works, signals go out. Brought it into the shop, for 300 bucks they checked the battery, the alternator and starter. they replaced the battery connector, and replaced the alternator belt. The car chug chug dies in 5 minutes after boosting for 10 minutes and ripping it around. Have any suggestions? dont want to sink any more money into it, but... it's been a great car. i just had the fuel pump done.

Thanks.
CharmfulDelight is offline   Reply With Quote