Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2009, 04:09 PM   #1
heddlj
CF Newbie

1991 Plymouth Acclaim water pump

can anyone give me instructions on replacing water pump and timing belt?

Pictures and/or step by step instructions would be great.

Thanks
Jack
heddlj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:15 PM   #2
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Simple Google search came up with this:

http://www.fixya.com/cars/t2326016-c...ymouth_acclaim

I'm sure there are more.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:37 PM   #3
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by heddlj
can anyone give me instructions on replacing water pump and timing belt?

Pictures and/or step by step instructions would be great.

Thanks
Jack
Ya f*ckin' meathead. The instructions would have to be incredibly simple for someone who asks a ridiculous question like that. Have you ever heard of an automotive repair manual? Get one. Use it. Now.

You're so smart you didn't even tell us what engine you're working on. It might come as a huge surprise to you, but there is just a slight difference between replacing a t-belt on an inline four cylinder and replacing one on a V6. Whooda thunk?

Based on your short history on this forum, I'd say you'd be best to limit your involvment in this job to writing a check to someone who has a clue.

Oh yeah, instructions just for Jack.

1. Remove old belt.

2. Remove and replace water pump.

3. Replace new belt ensuring all timing marks are properly aligned.

And your pictures;

Simple, just like you.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:42 PM   #4
heddlj
CF Newbie

my bad on the engine size but did it really have to call for name calling??? it's a 3.0 V6. Thanks for the information as I've never done one before and the picture will be very helpful. I do NOT have a repair manual so thanks again.

Jack
heddlj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:09 PM   #5
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Little fella, little fella. You just don't get it and probably never will.

Sometimes people "call names" to get someone elseís attention. Apparently I was successful in that endeavor, because you seem to have your panties in a wad. Good for you. Unfortunately for both of us, your attention is focused on the wrong thing.

Replacing a timing belt on your engine, or any engine for that matter, is not the easiest job on earth. Granted, itís not brain surgery, but itís not as simple as picking your nose, something it sounds as though you may have experience with.

On that note, the picture I posted has nothing to do with your engine. Notice that it says right on the pic, ďTypical V6 Timing BeltĒ and not ďPlymouth 3.0L V6 Timing BeltĒ. I wonder why? Also, you pointed out that you donít have a repair manual for the car. We already know that. Get one. Use it. Now. Those right there are the most important five words in my first response to you. If you have to ask on a forum how to do this job, you donít have enough knowledge or experience to wing it. You need specific step by step instructions, and thatís what a manual provide.

Letís face it. You donít come off as the sharpest tool in the shed. Go find a manual whether you have to purchase one or get it from the library. Itíll be the best $15 youíll spend on the job. Make sure you have the proper tools and a good place to do this. If you donít, youíll be real disappointed when you canít get the car to run or even put back together again. Youíll be even more disappointed when you have to pay someone to finish the job for you, especially when it costs more than if you just had them do it in the first place.

You may not like it, because Iím sure you think youíre and intelligent and mature individual, but heed my words of wisdom. Do it right from the get go or pay somebody who will.

Have a nice day.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote