Imports 0wn American muscle 16 44.44%
American muscle 0wn Imports 20 55.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 10:49 AM   #1
jzxTT
CF Addict

just for fun... import Vs. American muscle

i havent seen this thread so.. here it is... and if there is one oh well... im all about imports... ive seen boosted civic blow away vettes and mustangs... but civics are in the bottom of the box.. the fact that a 4cylinder can smoke an v8 is amazing... if u know of any American muscle car that can beat a 1350hp skyline let me know??... for all i know there could be an "old school American muscle" car out there... state your opinion why you might think a 1972 z28 would b "better" than a 1998 tt supra

p.s. My friend claims his 72 Z28 camaro put out 350hp because the name of the engine is the 350 or somethin like that... im pretty sure the 72 z28 puts out ~225bhp.. am i right or wrong (stats on the V8 and the V6 would b nice)... and just to add.. 1972 Z28 vs. 300zx Twin Turbo

Last edited by jzxTT : 03-02-2004 at 12:47 PM.
Old 03-02-2004, 11:35 AM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzxTT
i havent seen this thread so.. here it is... and if there is one oh well... im all about imports... ive seen boosted civic blow away vettes and mustangs... but civics are in the bottom of the box.. the fact that a 4cylinder can smoke an v8 is amazing... if u know of any American muscle car that can beat a 1350hp skyline let me know??... for all i know there could be an "old school American muscle" car out there... state your opinion why a 72'z28 would b "better" than a 1998 tt supra
You are right in saying that most Jap imports can smoke V8 American Muscle cars and there's numerous reasons for this the main one being power-weight ratio, most Japanese high perfomance cars, infact most cars in general are alot lighter than American Muscle cars mainly due to what's under the bonnet on the US cars..ie; a V8 is gonna be heavier than a 4 Cylinder motor, another reason is out 'an out power, you're talking about 1350bhp on these Jap cars, most US cars aint tuned at all let alone be that tuned! So the bottom line here is that you could evenly match two cars side by side (Jap and Muscle) with the same output and the Jap car would win hands down. Also, think about the driven wheels, all Muscle cars are RWD so an AWD Skyline with 1350bhp is gonna easily smoke the Muscle car lol..So I voted that Imports own the Muscle cars

Last edited by Cliffy : 03-02-2004 at 11:40 AM.
Old 03-02-2004, 02:26 PM   #3
snoopewite
The 1st CF Entrepreneur

Quote:
i havent seen this thread so.. here it is... and if there is one oh well...

Import / Muscle Wars

Quote:
if u know of any American muscle car that can beat a 1350hp skyline let me know??...

I already did.
Old 03-02-2004, 02:48 PM   #4
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

i seriously thought this war ended a few years ago... maybe that was just in my town
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

Old 03-02-2004, 02:58 PM   #5
Vanman5001
CF Newbie

I don't Know about a 72 camaro,but I've blown away rice mobiles in my 88 ford station wagon. I'm not a chevy fan but a 350 is a damn good engine. I feel that If a car is japanese, Its an oversized Go-Kart.

Last edited by Vanman5001 : 03-02-2004 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-02-2004, 03:32 PM   #6
SilverCivicSi98
CF Newbie

I had to go with the Imports beating the American muscle. I mean everyone has mustangs and corvettes but truly there not as fast as a skyline or many other imports out there. I had to go with the Imports.

Ya, I had to swerve, but I got it.

When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

Member of the unofficial Vwhobo fan club.
Old 03-02-2004, 04:07 PM   #7
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

I vote American muscle because I'd love me some 1969 Camaros! Also I would love my dad's old 1972 Nova SS. 396 V8 MWAHAHAHA!

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Old 03-02-2004, 04:55 PM   #8
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Children always play the, "My car is faster than your car" game.

It all starts with the "My dad can beat up your dad" game in kindergarten.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
Old 03-02-2004, 10:48 PM   #9
jzxTT
CF Addict

Well u cant really Mod a muscle car as much as u can mod an import... muscle cars dont have any down force what-so-ever, and they're heavy as shit, ill give muscle cars credit... with there weight/no down force, being able to run 9's is a pretty bad ass thing... but a drag solara can run 7's so... Imports are always gonna be better..... someone should drop a 2jz in a 69 camaro and put a universal spoiler and a body kit just to mess with people
Old 03-02-2004, 10:59 PM   #10
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Well u cant really Mod a muscle car as much as u can mod an import... muscle cars dont have any down force what-so-ever, and they're heavy as shit, ill give muscle cars credit... with there weight/no down force, being able to run 9's is a pretty bad ass thing... but a drag solara can run 7's so... Imports are always gonna be better..... someone should drop a 2jz in a 69 camaro and put a universal spoiler and a body kit just to mess with people
Why do people always want to compare apples and oranges and then not even have their facts straight. Your seven second Solara is about as close to a street car as a Pro-Stocker. Yet the Pro-Stocker will run well into the 6's... without a turbo or nitrous like your Solara uses.

Why does it take the average ricer $15k and all sorts of modern technology to run almost as fast as my $4k daily driver Bug? Because once again it's an apples and oranges thing. That and their driving Jap trash.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

Old 03-02-2004, 11:20 PM   #11
jzxTT
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Why do people always want to compare apples and oranges and then not even have their facts straight. Your seven second Solara is about as close to a street car as a Pro-Stocker. Yet the Pro-Stocker will run well into the 6's... without a turbo or nitrous like your Solara uses.

Why does it take the average ricer $15k and all sorts of modern technology to run almost as fast as my $4k daily driver Bug? Because once again it's an apples and oranges thing. That and their driving Jap trash.
ok ok ... solara was a bad example... what do you run in the 1/4 mile... how much bhp r u puttin out? for the record: euro-rice sux ass
P.S. My swap is done.. I got a stage 1 power package from Z1 motor sports which included stage 1 turbos, 555cc injectors, ecu upgrade, Downpipes, test pipes ,dual intake, exhaust, and a new inter cooler, 425rwhp for under 13k
Old 03-02-2004, 11:25 PM   #12
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
ok ok ... solara was a bad example... what do you run in the 1/4 mile... how much bhp r u puttin out? for the record: euro-rice sux ass
P.S. My swap is done.. I got a stage 1 power package from Z1 motor sports which included stage 1 turbos, 555cc injectors, ecu upgrade, Downpipes, test pipes ,dual intake, exhaust, and a new inter cooler, 425rwhp for under 13k
This engine has never been across the dyno but years of experience tell me a little over half of what you are. But it's still an all day long high 10's car. You probably have more into your turbo than I have into my engine.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 03-02-2004, 11:27 PM   #13
SuperJew
I like pie.

American Muscle...because for me its about the $$:speed ratio. or just that american muscle is so much more manly. and it takes more skill to work on a muscle car than the matchbox...i mean import cars.

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
Old 03-02-2004, 11:40 PM   #14
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Here's another thing just for the record. I really hate this topic everytime it comes up. Why you ask. Well first because it's pretty pointless. We should be building bridges between different types of enthusiasts instead of building walls. Second because if someone has their mind made up, no matter how wrong their reasoning might be they're still gonna stick with it. And last but not least, because technically the cars that I love, build and drive are imports. But the mindset, the technology, basically everything about it is as American as apple pie. People who are into ACVW's are hot rodders through and through whether they're at the drag strip, autocross, road course, local bull ring or car show.

So which side do I take? None, because everything sucks unless it's an Air-Cooled Volkswagen.

Just kidding

Old 03-02-2004, 11:40 PM   #15
jzxTT
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
This engine has never been across the dyno but years of experience tell me a little over half of what you are. But it's still an all day long high 10's car. You probably have more into your turbo than I have into my engine.
I also got forged wiesco pistons ....back to the topic... i raced my friends dads.. (dont know the year) nova and got smoked.. my car is fresh outta the shop ... but then again he puts out 900hp so i guess u could say .... i got served ... but any ways ... i dont see why anyone would want an old ass car... people do like what they like.. im sure people dont understand why i would spend 12 thousand on a 300zx either... but ill tell you it was damn well worth the 12k , Imports are just so much better than that old shit... even stock import vs A.muscle import would win.. it wins each and every time .. the fast and the furious is bullsh!it... i dont fukc with nitrous oxide and ive beaten a cougar before... (dont know what year) lo0ks like a muscle car.. my point is old toys break easily
Closed Thread