Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2005, 11:16 PM   #1
Tyko
CF Newbie

Celica Opinions.

Hi, I was actually saving to soup/pimp my Mitsubishi 3000 GT, but I totaled it & seeing as I didn't have insurance I'm screwed. I have always liked Celica's but have never worked on one & only a couple small tweaks on friends ricers. I have $12,700 saved, yea I know I wanted to do it all at once on my 3000 GT, but seeing as its gone to car heaven I figured it's as good a time as any to buy my dream car right? I want a newer model Celica, but I know they are more expensive, & I have bad credit . I won't save again to try & pimp a ride all at once, my main question is when I find a decent Celica & I have some extra spending cash, whats the best things to start out with engine wise? I can always get the looks later.

P.S. I know there small engines & also want to know if a V-6 would fit under the hood & the range of prices if they do witch Im sure they would.

Last edited by Tyko : 01-06-2005 at 11:21 PM.
Tyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 11:31 PM   #2
ZMan3000
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyko
Hi, I was actually saving to soup/pimp my Mitsubishi 3000 GT, but I totaled it & seeing as I didn't have insurance I'm screwed. I have always liked Celica's but have never worked on one & only a couple small tweaks on friends ricers. I have $12,700 saved, yea I know I wanted to do it all at once on my 3000 GT, but seeing as its gone to car heaven I figured it's as good a time as any to buy my dream car right? I want a newer model Celica, but I know they are more expensive, & I have bad credit . I won't save again to try & pimp a ride all at once, my main question is when I find a decent Celica & I have some extra spending cash, whats the best things to start out with engine wise? I can always get the looks later.

P.S. I know there small engines & also want to know if a V-6 would fit under the hood & the range of prices if they do witch Im sure they would.

I inquired about getting a V6 on my 4 cly car and the estimate came close to 2500 including parts and labor of a used engine. Some of the parts would have to be new.
ZMan3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 11:31 PM   #3
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

if you can find one, there is the celica alltrack which is AWD turbo, they got some pretty good bang for the buck, and celicas have many many different things that you can do to them.
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 12:21 AM   #4
Tyko
CF Newbie

I was guessing a bit more for a V-6, but if I could get it at that price thats not bad, & I know about the AWD Turbos. My chances are rare finding 1 for the price or time into it, but I will definitely look. Im not 1 of those guys that sticks a huge spoiler on the rear end unless I have at least rwd lol. I would prefer awd but will settle for just rwd if the price is right.
Tyko is offline   Reply With Quote