CF Newbie

ok Saleen S7 vs. Mclarren F1
Old 08-06-2003, 12:37 AM   #17
Widowmaker2k
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2000Boy
ok Saleen S7 vs. Mclarren F1

For pure performance, McLaren F1 of coarse. It's too bad that they don't make them anymore, and add the fact that you'll have to pay well over one million dollars to get one and the S7 looks more attainable.

*And now for something completely different.*
How about we compare cars in the same price range (gasp!).
Widowmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 11:32 PM   #18
vwmaniac
CF Addict

I think that whoever wrote this is wrong.(in my opinion)
I think so because cars should be compared by their reliability!i've had a ton of European cars in my life and a few American cars when i had problems with money.The European cars that i had were mostly Volkswagens and Audi's.My 1985 vw golf did 360 000 km and not a rattle came out of it!I only had to change the muffler once since it started to rust up too much.(but that's very minor)After the golf i bought a 2003 Chrysler neon.I did 32 000km with this car and got rid of it!
It was a total automotive disaster!!After 32 000 km the dashboard was rattling like hack and the manual transmission had to get replaced. Also oil was leaking really badly from it.In my garage there was always a huge puddle of oil under it! Now c'mon this is a half-year car that has only 32 000km driven on it and a lot more things happened to it than my 1985 vw golf that had 360 000km!!
Also whoever wrote this said that you can't really compare European cars with American because they are the same!
They are totally different!
Beutiful sound,looks and marvelous quality and reliability!
Somebody who had the same problem like me please reply to this
vwmaniac
Old 10-24-2003, 04:21 AM   #19
lick_q1

vwmaniac dude theres ur prob dont buy a s**ty dodge get a gm vehicle and youll never be sorry ive got a 1972 chevy pick up that my grandpa bought the only thing weve ever done to it was basic maintenice oil change new tires new fluids ect. my great uncle bought at the same time like within a week or so an audi and u know what weve replaced on that? new heads, new mufflers, new hood, new side panels, new dash board, and it still breaks down all the time. o yea the chevy of mine(my grandpa gave it to me) yea the body on that is in better shape than the audi.
pm me and ill send u a pick of the chevy.
Old 10-27-2003, 05:54 PM   #20
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

I encourage you to buy American and support our economy...because this guy is not WASTING his hard earned money on a plastic filled, top of the line, American cars. I've seen too many American cars not hardly 3 years old...and the paint is peeling down to the metal...You spend your money on "American Quality"...I wont.

You all support America...I'm not going to support it in the car market!!

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 12:42 AM   #21
vwmaniac
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
I encourage you to buy American and support our economy...because this guy is not WASTING his hard earned money on a plastic filled, top of the line, American cars. I've seen too many American cars not hardly 3 years old...and the paint is peeling down to the metal...You spend your money on "American Quality"...I wont.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I totaly agree!!
Old 10-28-2003, 01:23 AM   #22
Widowmaker2k
CF Enthusiast

Quote:

I will spend my money on plastic (see fiberglass) filled, top of the line, American cars, if you continue to waste your money on overpriced, ugly, and slow German cars. (See Porsche...overpriced) I've been around too many American cars with an excess of 200,000 miles to spend $50,000 on 3 letters. (See BMW.) (By the way, if your wondering why I said slow, I'm basing that on a performance per dollar analysis. The 2002 Corvette Z06 is faster and handles better than a 2002 911 Turbo, yet costs 1/3 the price. You do the math.)
Old 10-28-2003, 05:27 PM   #23
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker2k
Quote:

I will spend my money on plastic (see fiberglass) filled, top of the line, American cars, if you continue to waste your money on overpriced, ugly, and slow German cars. (See Porsche...overpriced) I've been around too many American cars with an excess of 200,000 miles to spend $50,000 on 3 letters. (See BMW.) (By the way, if your wondering why I said slow, I'm basing that on a performance per dollar analysis. The 2002 Corvette Z06 is faster and handles better than a 2002 911 Turbo, yet costs 1/3 the price. You do the math.)

You'll also die instantly in an accident while if you are in a BMW or another well made German vehicle, your chances of survival are quite high. And the part about plastic was not about the body...it was the interior parts and trimmings!! Bozo!

BTW...I have a 1988 528e that has well over 200k miles who's engine hasn't even been broken into. It still can do well over 135mph.

Old 10-29-2003, 03:10 AM   #24
Widowmaker2k
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker2k
Quote:

You'll also die instantly in an accident while if you are in a BMW or another well made German vehicle, your chances of survival are quite high. And the part about plastic was not about the body...it was the interior parts and trimmings!! Bozo!

BTW...I have a 1988 528e that has well over 200k miles who's engine hasn't even been broken into. It still can do well over 135mph.

If you get in a crash doing 135mph, you're going to die just as easily in a German car as in an American car. (Also, where exactly do you get your car up to this speed?)
Old 10-29-2003, 03:48 AM   #25
SuperJew
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by widowmaker2k
Also, where exactly do you get your car up to this speed?

on the highway, on back roads, on a race track. to tell you the truth unless one is on the Autobahn or the Western US roads, 135 on public roads is retarded.

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 04:48 AM   #26
Widowmaker2k
CF Enthusiast

Not to mention criminal...
Old 10-29-2003, 05:04 PM   #27
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
Quote:
Originally Posted by widowmaker2k
Also, where exactly do you get your car up to this speed?

on the highway, on back roads, on a race track. to tell you the truth unless one is on the Autobahn or the Western US roads, 135 on public roads is retarded.

Uh...210 Freeway...2am...Sunday mornings...not a car in sight...Actually I've pegged the speedo at 140mph and was still accelerating a bit.

Old 10-29-2003, 09:38 PM   #28
ChevySuxD0ng
CF Enthusiast

bavarian? do u realize that if you hit a bump or just jerk the wheel a little bit at that speed you could easily lose control? i've had my car at 130 on the freeway too, so i'm not gonna say that it's a mortal sin or anything (even if it is a stupid thing to do) but i find it very hard to stay in a straight line at anything over about 100-110.

Racing a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if you win you're still retarted.
ChevySuxD0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 12:26 AM   #29
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySuxD0ng
bavarian? do u realize that if you hit a bump or just jerk the wheel a little bit at that speed you could easily lose control? i've had my car at 130 on the freeway too, so i'm not gonna say that it's a mortal sin or anything (even if it is a stupid thing to do) but i find it very hard to stay in a straight line at anything over about 100-110.

You're not driving a BMW...for sure!! The few times I've been over the century mark in my 1988 528e, it's been quite comfortable and sure footed...even rounding freeway turns (wide). The difference is that BMW (and others) are designed to drive fast on the German autobahns. They are designed for speed. I admit my car could use a bit more stabilization, but that would only be really necessary at sustained high speeds above the 130mph mark. I will be adding a stock tail wing like the one below (of which my car is exactly the same other than the color) that came stock on the faster 535's and M5's of the same year.

You really need to get yourself a car designed for what you want to do. If it is speed your looking for...German is the way to go. If it is off the line raw power...go with the American muscle...but don't expect the stability when you get up to speed. And BTW...A good Bimmer would still give an American muscle car a nice challenge off the line!!! (not necessarily mine)

Edit Addition: Rest assured. I'm not out driving those speeds in traffic. The few times it has been the wee hours of the morning (still dark) and no one one the road that I can see. And once or twice racing another car...again in the wee hours of the morning.

Old 10-30-2003, 12:43 AM   #30
ChevySuxD0ng
CF Enthusiast

i agree with u for the most part, an '85 bimmer is definetely designed for handling WAY better than a '79 datsun 280ZX.

Racing a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if you win you're still retarted.
ChevySuxD0ng is offline   Reply With Quote