Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2003, 03:06 PM   #31
57ock
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySuxD0ng
but i find it very hard to stay in a straight line at anything over about 100-110.

I was driving a Toyota Corolla rental car around Darwin. We took it out on one of the highways (open speed limit). Couldn't go any faster then 190kph (110mph) and it was very unstable. Lost a hub cap too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker2k
The 2002 Corvette Z06 is faster and handles better than a 2002 911 Turbo

I was watching a GTP car race here in Brisbane, The 911 turbo finished 11 seconds faster 02 Z06. During the same race, a Diablo blew its motor
Old 10-31-2003, 05:14 PM   #32
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57ock
Quote:

I was watching a GTP car race here in Brisbane, The 911 turbo finished 11 seconds faster 02 Z06. During the same race, a Diablo blew its motor

Just another example of German automotive superiority over those "good for quarter mile" American cars.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 10:34 PM   #33
ChevySuxD0ng
CF Enthusiast

i don't like sayin this bcuz i love america and i have to say that german cars are way more reliable than U.S. i haven't wanted to admit it for a long time but it's true. u get what you pay for i guess...

Racing a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if you win you're still retarted.
ChevySuxD0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 10:48 PM   #34
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySuxD0ng
i don't like sayin this bcuz i love america and i have to say that german cars are way more reliable than U.S. i haven't wanted to admit it for a long time but it's true. u get what you pay for i guess...

I love America too...but am not going to throw my hard-earned money away on vehicles of lesser quality just to keep some mid-west farm boy working on the auto plant assembly line.

He can afford a can of chew by working at, the ever popular to hicks, Dairy Queen in every city east of anywhere! (There's a Dairy Queen about 15mins from my house...WAY TOO CLOSE!!)

Old 11-01-2003, 01:35 AM   #35
Widowmaker2k
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
Quote:
Quote:

Just another example of German automotive superiority over those "good for quarter mile" American cars.

No, now you're using a fallacy of logic known as "post hoc." Do you know everything about this race? Were both cars stock? We're the drivers of the exact same skill level? You really can't defer a conclusion based on such limited information. Please, try harder.
Widowmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 02:36 AM   #36
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No, now you're using a fallacy of logic known as "post hoc." Do you know everything about this race? Were both cars stock? We're the drivers of the exact same skill level? You really can't defer a conclusion based on such limited information. Please, try harder.

Simpleton say what?

Old 11-02-2003, 02:21 PM   #37
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Simpleton say what?

Ah yes, another person who thinks that calling names will cover for their lack of rational thinking. I am no lover of American cars but to make the blanket statement that cars from one country are superior to cars from another is ludicrous.

And don't forget much of the "superior German engineering" comes from the US and is refined in Europe and at this point in time most car companies are global not only in sales but also in research and developement anyway.

So impress me. Why does an Accord or Camry built in the USA outlast and have better reliability than a BMW built in Germany? And please save the crap, my towing service makes big bucks hauling almost new BMW's to the dealer regularly but almost never tow's a Honda or Toyota, new or old.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 06:50 PM   #38
vwmaniac
CF Addict

Hey, hobo we're talking about american cars.(chevy.ford.chrysler etc.)Not Japanese cars that are produced in America.And what the hell???!!!!!
German's don't get their engineering from the Americans!!!The American's always copy evrybody and make a crappy job out of it.If German cars use American engineering then how come they don't have such crazy gas usage??????How come German diesels are so quite and have great performances?As for American diesels, they are slow and sound like crap.Also the German diesels have small engines not 3.3l engines!
Old 11-02-2003, 08:01 PM   #39
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwmaniac
Hey, hobo we're talking about american cars.(chevy.ford.chrysler etc.)Not Japanese cars that are produced in America.And what the hell???!!!!!
German's don't get their engineering from the Americans!!!The American's always copy evrybody and make a crappy job out of it.If German cars use American engineering then how come they don't have such crazy gas usage??????How come German diesels are so quite and have great performances?As for American diesels, they are slow and sound like crap.Also the German diesels have small engines not 3.3l engines!

Read my previous post again and pay special attention to all the words including but not limited to "much" and "global".

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 11-03-2003, 05:17 PM   #40
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
So impress me. Why does an Accord or Camry built in the USA outlast and have better reliability than a BMW built in Germany? And please save the crap, my towing service makes big bucks hauling almost new BMW's to the dealer regularly but almost never tow's a Honda or Toyota, new or old.

Don't know...maybe people in the mid-west (guessing by "redneck hell") aren't interested in a nicely maintained vehicle. Show me your paper work for making big dollars towing BMW's and I'll show you lazy car owners.

You know better than the rest of us here that German cars of yesterday were quite good, but that they need the care of an enthusiast (or lover of the car) to bring out the qualities therein. An ACV is an excellent car (I have a '73 VW Bus) and quite reliable, but put someone that just drives and doesn't pay attention to its needs and it can become a headache quite fast. Proper maintenance on any car would yield great returns. So a Chevy or Ford could be a good car mechanically, but you still have to live with all the cheap plastic they pour into the styling...

Old 11-03-2003, 05:48 PM   #41
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Quote:

Don't know...maybe people in the mid-west (guessing by "redneck hell") aren't interested in a nicely maintained vehicle. Show me your paper work for making big dollars towing BMW's and I'll show you lazy car owners.

You know better than the rest of us here that German cars of yesterday were quite good, but that they need the care of an enthusiast (or lover of the car) to bring out the qualities therein. An ACV is an excellent car (I have a '73 VW Bus) and quite reliable, but put someone that just drives and doesn't pay attention to its needs and it can become a headache quite fast. Proper maintenance on any car would yield great returns. So a Chevy or Ford could be a good car mechanically, but you still have to live with all the cheap plastic they pour into the styling...

Well let's see. You're way off on the midwest thing but that's immaterial. And I certainly agree that German cars both new and old are generally well built, long lasting, technologically advanced machines. I have PLENTY of money invested in my German toys and have no desire to own a Ford or Chevy. But......

My towing service, in addition to towing for my shops and doing police calls, is sub-contracted with three nationwide services who are sub-contracted by extended warranty companies and car manufacturer warranty services. I am not speaking about older, abused cars. What I'm talking about are current year models with VERY few miles on them, meaning under 10k. The only cars that we tow to a dealer for warranty repair more often than a BMW is a Kia, and we do tows for all the dealers in a 50 mile radius.

So... I'm glad that you're happy with your Bimmer and that you get good service from it. You also appear to be an owner that is concerned with the well being of his car, and that is my favorite type of customer, usually smarter and easier to get along with. My point is that you can't use broad statements like German (or American, Japanese, British, etc) cars are better than any other (pick your country of origin) car. It just doesn't work if you want to be taken seriously.

Old 11-03-2003, 06:58 PM   #42
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
My towing service, in addition to towing for my shops and doing police calls, is sub-contracted with three nationwide services who are sub-contracted by extended warranty companies and car manufacturer warranty services. I am not speaking about older, abused cars. What I'm talking about are current year models with VERY few miles on them, meaning under 10k. The only cars that we tow to a dealer for warranty repair more often than a BMW is a Kia, and we do tows for all the dealers in a 50 mile radius.

Well then...maybe you live in the one "redneck hell" that everyone buys BMW's and KIA's.

Old 11-03-2003, 07:04 PM   #43
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Quote:

Well then...maybe you live in the one "redneck hell" that everyone buys BMW's and KIA's.

I find it odd, but not unexpected, that after I typed three paragraphs that's all you can come up with. I'm not even sure if that's supposed to be a smart or smart ass reply as it fails on both counts.

Old 11-03-2003, 07:29 PM   #44
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Quote:
I find it odd, but not unexpected, that after I typed three paragraphs that's all you can come up with. I'm not even sure if that's supposed to be a smart or smart ass reply as it fails on both counts.

Neither...just trying to reconcile my own beliefs in my own mind.

Old 11-04-2003, 11:46 PM   #45
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

I just stumbled accross this while surfing around. It's not meant to be an "I told ya so" to anybody. As a matter of fact I'm surpised by some of the results myself. Just thought this might be interesting to look at while persuing our dialog.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/usatoday/20031104/bs_usatoday/11936449

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2003-11-03-reliablechart.htm