Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2004, 08:44 PM   #1
vette2004
CF Newbie

what do you think about the chevy SSR?

i was just wondering what peoples opinion on the new SSR. Personaly i think that it is sweet but that is just my opinion.
vette2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 09:12 PM   #2
SuperJew
I like pie.

put the 6.0 Litre V8 in it. then it will be desireable.

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 09:12 PM   #3
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Looks really strange. But They lie when they say it as the first converitble pickup truck. Its not!
Old 05-29-2004, 02:04 AM   #4
nitehawk_87
CF Newbie

i agree with Voda48 that it looks different
although its performance numbers are pretty good

Sign at a gas station:
we collect taxes-federal, provincial, and municipal
we also sell gas on the side
nitehawk_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 03:49 AM   #5
importluva
Obsessed with imports

meh. i think it looks like cr@p. also, trucks and performance shoudnt go together imo
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 04:03 AM   #6
archangle
CF Enthusiast

It looks ok,but it needs more power.
Old 05-31-2004, 01:36 AM   #7
vwmaniac
CF Addict

A pile a crap looks better to me.
Old 05-31-2004, 09:56 PM   #8
cwzilly
CF Newbie

I don't like the looks; much rather go for a Chevrolet Colorado 4x4.
cwzilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 05:50 AM   #9
abless
CF Anti-Mullet

Ugly.
Unusable for real work.
I would be ashamed for my dead body to be hauled around in it.
Old 06-01-2004, 04:35 PM   #10
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

I love it. It's a factory warranty street rod. It's not SUPPOSED to be a work truck any more than any street rod truck is. It's not supposed to be SPORTS CAR any more than any street rod is.

This board is typical of late model car boards: if it isn't a race car in street car guise, it's pointless. Many people find race cars in street car guise pointless, too. In a world of national speed limits, 170 mph sports cars are pointless. But has anyone here complained about how pointless a Gallardo is? Or a Z06 on the street in traffic? No. Why? Because they like that kind of pointless vehicle.

The problem is that people here seem to think the ONLY thing that is valuable in a car is how fast it is, either in a straight line or around corners. Which is fine for some (and often fine for me, too). But it isn't a universal truth. Sometimes it's just nice to have a custom cruiser. I don't need to be trying top pull 1G laterally every time I see a corner, nor do I need to try and squeeze the last tenth of a second out of my 0-60 every time the light goes green. There ARE times it's fun. But I don't have to have every car I own do that, or be capable of it on a moments notice. And a lot of buyers feel the same way (and if they aren't buying this, they bought Prowlers, or bought shop-built turn-key street rods, or built their own customs and street rods).

I love the looks, and the basic layout (considering it IS a v8 powered, RWD car, it should have a lot of hot rod potential). And it's price is in line with any other turn key street rod. But the average consumer doesn't understand any of that, so it gets a bad rap.

It's based on the guys that build stuff like this (or have it built for them):

Whenever I see one, I think of all the custom convertible street rod trucks in magazines, and then I think of custom versions like this:

(the last one is equipped with the magnacharger supercharger system)

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 07:13 PM   #11
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
I love it. It's a factory warranty street rod. It's not SUPPOSED to be a work truck any more than any street rod truck is. It's not supposed to be SPORTS CAR any more than any street rod is.

This board is typical of late model car boards: if it isn't a race car in street car guise, it's pointless. Many people find race cars in street car guise pointless, too. In a world of national speed limits, 170 mph sports cars are pointless. But has anyone here complained about how pointless a Gallardo is? Or a Z06 on the street in traffic? No. Why? Because they like that kind of pointless vehicle.

The problem is that people here seem to think the ONLY thing that is valuable in a car is how fast it is, either in a straight line or around corners. Which is fine for some (and often fine for me, too). But it isn't a universal truth. Sometimes it's just nice to have a custom cruiser. I don't need to be trying top pull 1G laterally every time I see a corner, nor do I need to try and squeeze the last tenth of a second out of my 0-60 every time the light goes green. There ARE times it's fun. But I don't have to have every car I own do that, or be capable of it on a moments notice. And a lot of buyers feel the same way (and if they aren't buying this, they bought Prowlers, or bought shop-built turn-key street rods, or built their own customs and street rods).

I love the looks, and the basic layout (considering it IS a v8 powered, RWD car, it should have a lot of hot rod potential). And it's price is in line with any other turn key street rod. But the average consumer doesn't understand any of that, so it gets a bad rap.

It's based on the guys that build stuff like this (or have it built for them):

Whenever I see one, I think of all the custom convertible street rod trucks in magazines, and then I think of custom versions like this:

(the last one is equipped with the magnacharger supercharger system)

They are still UGLY!!

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 08:01 PM   #12
abless
CF Anti-Mullet

Quote:

That is just my opinion. I would not buy a truck unless I needed it to haul stuff. I'm just not into hot rodding.
Old 06-01-2004, 10:08 PM   #13
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by abless
That is just my opinion. I would not buy a truck unless I needed it to haul stuff. I'm just not into hot rodding.

According to your prior post, you're intolerant toward hotrodding, unaware of hotrodding history, or it's relevance to car culture in general, and in general, if it isn't your favorite thing, it's stupid and pointless for anyone.

Do you ONLY buy things that you need? Nothing you ever bought was merely something you wanted, or thought was "cool" in some way? If not, I feel sorry for you. If you have, then you have no room to talk about other things that are done just because people think it's "cool."

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 05:30 AM   #14
abless
CF Anti-Mullet

Quote:
According to your prior post, you're intolerant toward hotrodding, unaware of hotrodding history, or it's relevance to car culture in general, and in general, if it isn't your favorite thing, it's stupid and pointless for anyone.

Do you ONLY buy things that you need? Nothing you ever bought was merely something you wanted, or thought was "cool" in some way? If not, I feel sorry for you. If you have, then you have no room to talk about other things that are done just because people think it's "cool."

I don't hate hotrods, I would just never have one. Also, I would never buy an automobile I wouldn't want. If I bought any kind of truck, it would only be for hauling stuff and work. I respect other people's hotrods mostly because of all the (restoration) work they put into them, and for their performance. The SSR takes absolutly no work, and doesn't perform particularly well either.
Old 06-03-2004, 02:21 PM   #15
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

i dont like it one bit... i think its pretty darn ugly, and im not exactly a big chevy guy
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote