Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2004, 07:11 PM   #16
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voda48
Not if we were comparing it to your 2.0s vette that you were talking about earlier this month. They should be pretty comparable then, huh?
Those 2 second vettes were not even really vettes anymore. Not one stock screw was on the thing probably..
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 10:51 PM   #17
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Ya... I remember reading that the Viper beats the Vette... must have been quite recently that i read it

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 11:55 PM   #18
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
Dumbass.

Anyway, what kind of viper are we talking here? Theres tons of them you monkies . Now look, take a Hennessey Viper and DAMN! 0-60 in 2.something seconds! F*ck! Vette would look like a damn lawnmower out of fuel.
Ok, now here comes the Lietenfeilter (however you spell it) Vette... Ok, now heres a serious can of whoop ass... 0-60 1.6. 0-100 2.8. 0-200 6.5 secs and 254.7 mph.. Ok, so now we have mentioned the fastest road legal car in the world i think we can all agree the vette wins.. Oh and for those figures i had of the viper, they were the fastest i could find, i took the best of both cars twice now and the vette has kicked the vipers ass, BOTH TIMES.. Jus grow up, put down you baby bottle and accept the vette is better, epsecially when you consider the cost...

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 12:09 AM   #19
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by R34RB30DETTV
fastest road legal car in the world
I have a seriously hard time imagining that this car is street legal. IF it is, what street are we talking about because I want to move there!!
Old 05-23-2004, 07:24 AM   #20
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
I have a seriously hard time imagining that this car is street legal. IF it is, what street are we talking about because I want to move there!!
Yes, it is.. It is the L98 '88 vette sledgehammer that was tuned even more.. We discussed it on this forum bout a month ago... Have a look 4 it if you can b bothered/if you think its worth it...

R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
Old 05-23-2004, 03:03 PM   #21
SuperJew
I like pie.

Quote:
Ok, now here comes the Lietenfeilter (however you spell it) Vette... Ok, now heres a serious can of whoop ass... 0-60 1.6. 0-100 2.8. 0-200 6.5 secs and 254.7 mph.. Ok, so now we have mentioned the fastest road legal car in the world i think we can all agree the vette wins.. Oh and for those figures i had of the viper, they were the fastest i could find, i took the best of both cars twice now and the vette has kicked the vipers ass, BOTH TIMES.. Jus grow up, put down you baby bottle and accept the vette is better, epsecially when you consider the cost...

dude...youre the one who needs a reality check. you cant compare a Lingenfelter Vette to a normal Viper. its like comparing apples and oranges.

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 03:08 PM   #22
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
dude...youre the one who needs a reality check. you cant compare a Lingenfelter Vette to a normal Viper. its like comparing apples and oranges.
Yeah. It's no use explain that to airheads that know, know, know there right. I'm just staying out of this.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 03:34 PM   #23
importluva
Obsessed with imports

Quote:

dude, are you blind. i just posted a link to an article where the viper challenges the gt, and wins in the 1/4. 0-60 in 3.9 and 1/4 in 11.77. the hell are you talking about, you obviously didnt find all of the numbers. comparing 2k4 vette to a 2k4 viper is more even, and the viper will win the 1/4.
dont be another ignorant fanboi.

Last edited by importluva : 05-23-2004 at 03:37 PM.
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 04:10 PM   #24
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

OK, everyone has their own numbers for testing vehicles, results may vary.... so lets just drop the 0-60 BS as our main criteria for judging which car is better and focus on other things.
Old 05-23-2004, 05:49 PM   #25
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by importluva
dude, are you blind. i just posted a link to an article where the viper challenges the gt, and wins in the 1/4. 0-60 in 3.9 and 1/4 in 11.77. the hell are you talking about, you obviously didnt find all of the numbers. comparing 2k4 vette to a 2k4 viper is more even, and the viper will win the 1/4.
dont be another ignorant fanboi.

I DID, I COMPARED A 2004 VETTE AND A 2004 VIPER, THEN I COMPARED AN EXAMPLE OF A MODIFIED VIPER SOMEONE PUT INTO THE EQUATION AND SO I GAVE ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF THE VETTE KICKING ASS...READ IT PROPERLY...

*IN MEMORY OF VW*... THINK, TYPE, SUBMIT...

Quote:
Hmmm.. oh, wait.. I DIDN'T!!! I COMPARED IT TO SOMEONE ELSES MODIFIED VIPER!!! Look below..

Quote:
Dumbass.

Anyway, what kind of viper are we talking here? Theres tons of them you monkies . Now look, take a Hennessey Viper and DAMN! 0-60 in 2.something seconds! F*ck! Vette would look like a damn lawnmower out of fuel.

Quote:
Yeah. It's no use explain that to airheads that know, know, know there right. I'm just staying out of this.

Just because i proved you wrong before...

Last edited by R34RB30DETTV : 05-23-2004 at 05:56 PM.
Old 05-23-2004, 07:08 PM   #26
SuperJew
I like pie.

well then you need to clarify what you're comparing mate...

and sources for the numbers you got would help a tonne..

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 07:18 PM   #27
cinqyg
CF Freak

who cares, you cant drive either very fast around a corner.
cinqyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 07:28 PM   #28
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
well then you need to clarify what you're comparing mate...

and sources for the numbers you got would help a tonne..

"Mate"? You really are becoming a brit..! Well i typed something into google and a website popped up with figures on it and i used those..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinqyg
who cares, you cant drive either very fast around a corner.

True true..! And neither can carry four people or a weekends luggage, especially if a gal is involved..! Hell, they coundn't evena carry a weekends shoes..

Hey, for those of you that kinda know me, sry 4 my bitching contest, you all know i don't start trouble, but i jus had had a bad week.. s'all..!

Old 05-23-2004, 07:42 PM   #29
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
True... very true!
Quote:
OK, everyone has their own numbers for testing vehicles, results may vary.... so lets just drop the 0-60 BS as our main criteria for judging which car is better and focus on other things.
Correct! I think we should just settle down alittle... everyone gets different stats! No need to b*tch about it! This is a place to learn, not a place to b*tch against each other...

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 02:57 AM   #30
Widowmaker2k
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by importluva
speaking of the 2k4 viper, i was reading an article in motortrend about the viper vs ford gt. check it out here
seems the gt has better 0-100 but the viper wins in the 1/4th. these cars are monsters.

What is really puzzling is how the GT had better time 0-everything, had a higher trap speed, and still a slower 1/4 time. What that means is basically the GT was faster to 100 mph, and somewhere between 100 and 124 the Viper Caught it and passed, the GT started to accelerate again, and re-passed the Viper. (After the 1/4 was over.) Sounds kind of fishy.
The Viper is much better suited to drag racing than is the GT. The GT is a track-racing car, and would outclass the Viper in the twisties. (Hell, it outclassed a Porsche GT3 and a Ferrari Challenge Stradale.)