Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2004, 03:24 AM   #31
importluva
Obsessed with imports

Quote:
Originally Posted by R34RB30DETTV
I DID, I COMPARED A 2004 VETTE AND A 2004 VIPER, THEN I COMPARED AN EXAMPLE OF A MODIFIED VIPER SOMEONE PUT INTO THE EQUATION AND SO I GAVE ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF THE VETTE KICKING ASS...READ IT PROPERLY...

*IN MEMORY OF VW*... THINK, TYPE, SUBMIT...

Hmmm.. oh, wait.. I DIDN'T!!! I COMPARED IT TO SOMEONE ELSES MODIFIED VIPER!!! Look below..

Just because i proved you wrong before...

whatever man, i dunno wat you are saying, but screw it. alls i gt to say is im standing by MTs numbers, and the result is viper>vette in 1/4. end of story.

Quote:
What is really puzzling is how the GT had better time 0-everything, had a higher trap speed, and still a slower 1/4 time. What that means is basically the GT was faster to 100 mph, and somewhere between 100 and 124 the Viper Caught it and passed, the GT started to accelerate again, and re-passed the Viper. (After the 1/4 was over.) Sounds kind of fishy.

yes, quite puzzling. always a problem with mag testers, dunno what exactly the conditions were, driver, etc.
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 06:09 AM   #32
szakal
CF Newbie

u gave the times on a dodge viper year 1998, he said dodge viper year 2000, and yes the viper would smoke the corvete. the 2000 dodge viper is faster, and Zo6 i dont like, and it sucks, the look of it blows too.
szakal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 08:38 AM   #33
cinqyg
CF Freak

Quote:
"Mate"? You really are becoming a brit..! Well i typed something into google and a website popped up with figures on it and i used those..

True true..! And neither can carry four people or a weekends luggage, especially if a gal is involved..! Hell, they coundn't evena carry a weekends shoes..

Hey, for those of you that kinda know me, sry 4 my bitching contest, you all know i don't start trouble, but i jus had had a bad week.. s'all..!

This is why i like the reliant scimitar, well once you have got rid of the essex engine, its amazing what diffrence a bit of tweeking does for it, alloy frame you just double the tube wall thickenss, same strenth 1/2 the weight, take shunted jag xtype and fit the running gear and you have a lightweight 240bhp AWD sports estate for under 2k!
cinqyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 09:08 AM   #34
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker2k
What is really puzzling is how the GT had better time 0-everything, had a higher trap speed, and still a slower 1/4 time. What that means is basically the GT was faster to 100 mph, and somewhere between 100 and 124 the Viper Caught it and passed, the GT started to accelerate again, and re-passed the Viper. (After the 1/4 was over.) Sounds kind of fishy.
The Viper is much better suited to drag racing than is the GT. The GT is a track-racing car, and would outclass the Viper in the twisties. (Hell, it outclassed a Porsche GT3 and a Ferrari Challenge Stradale.)
Most propably to do with gearing and how wide the torque bands are on each car.. Alternatively it may just be the drivers.. You know, human error...

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 09:41 AM   #35
archangle
CF Enthusiast

I would call it a draw. I mean one stronger in one spot than the other is. One mabey faster but the other may have more tourqe. So I call it a draw.
archangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 12:04 PM   #36
cinqyg
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangle
I would call it a draw. I mean one stronger in one spot than the other is. One mabey faster but the other may have more tourqe. So I call it a draw.

Have you seen the new GT3R?? stripped out version of the GT3, no carpets, radio, perpex rear screen, fixed perspex windows, no stereo, carbon fibre bonnet, they have taken 150kg out of it.
Old 05-24-2004, 04:55 PM   #37
archangle
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinqyg
Have you seen the new GT3R?? stripped out version of the GT3, no carpets, radio, perpex rear screen, fixed perspex windows, no stereo, carbon fibre bonnet, they have taken 150kg out of it.
No I have not,but it sounds like it sucks,I was talking about the GT and the 2000 viper.
archangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 08:29 PM   #38
cinqyg
CF Freak

Quote:
No I have not,but it sounds like it sucks,I was talking about the GT and the 2000 viper.

its quicker than a ferrari modena, its a track only car
Old 05-24-2004, 09:18 PM   #39
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by szakal
u gave the times on a dodge viper year 1998, he said dodge viper year 2000, and yes the viper would smoke the corvete. the 2000 dodge viper is faster, and Zo6 i dont like, and it sucks, the look of it blows too.
Hate to break it to you, but just because you dont like it doesnt take away 100 hp or something...
I dont personally like it either, but I still respect it...

That GT3R sounds pretty nifty...

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 05:48 PM   #40
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:

GT?? What GT? GT means Grand Tourismo... Now how many cars could that possibly entail???

Quote:
I will assume you mean the Porsche GT3 RS.. Oh and they have only taken 85kg out of it...

Quote:
its quicker than a ferrari modena, its a track only car

It's actually EXACTLY the same speed as the 360 SC though..

R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )

Last edited by R34RB30DETTV : 05-25-2004 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-28-2004, 02:28 AM   #41
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
GT?? What GT? GT means Grand Tourismo... Now how many cars could that possibly entail???

No.....GT means 'Grand Tourer'

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 03:24 AM   #42
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
No.....GT means 'Grand Tourer'
Uh there might be a difference in culture here. I have heard it as Grand Turismo (sp?)
Old 05-28-2004, 03:28 AM   #43
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voda48
Uh there might be a difference in culture here. I have heard it as Grand Turismo (sp?)
LOL...When I saw your reply to this thread, I put my thinking cap on....my theory is...they mean the same thing ...and it's 'Gran Turismo' I believe

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 03:41 PM   #44
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Yes, it stand for Grand Turismo (spelling... I dunno) I believe that Ferrari or some other Italian make first used it and then the other car companies just plain copied them...

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 06:53 PM   #45
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
He he he.. Diffrence in culture..? Umm.. no offence Voda but me and cliffy are but a few miles apart.. I guess diffrerent people hear difrrent things..!

Oh and cliffy, i do believe that tourismo is italian for tour, or tourer!