Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2004, 07:16 PM   #46
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by R34RB30DETTV
He he he.. Diffrence in culture..? Umm.. no offence Voda but me and cliffy are but a few miles apart.. I guess diffrerent people hear difrrent things..!

Oh and cliffy, i do believe that tourismo is italian for tour, or tourer!
Ya... I know that it is Italian...

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 12:57 AM   #47
SilverCivicSi98
CF Newbie

im going with the Viper because I'd say that overall it's faster and it's bulky appearance looks strong and fast. The Corvette looks slick but I don't think it presents it's power like the Viper

Ya, I had to swerve, but I got it.

When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

Member of the unofficial Vwhobo fan club.
SilverCivicSi98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 07:58 AM   #48
abless
CF Anti-Mullet

I would go with the Viper, because I always think of the Corvettes as a middle-aged man's car. I almost never see anyone under about 40 driving a Vette. Vipers, on the other hand, seem more "youthfull". Maybe I'm just crazy.

This kinda reminds me of a video I downloaded off the internet, where this guy turboed his viper, and it make ~860 hp. Then he dragged some sportbikes. The viper owner bought a stock $80,000 viper, put tens of thousands of dollars worth of mods on it (I'm guessing about $40,000), and dragged some sport bikes with a 40-60 mph roll-on (which is better for the car). He dragged a few different bikes, mainly Suzuki Huyabusa 1300's ($10,000), with varying degrees of modifications. He got owned by 'Busa with less than $1,000 worth of mods on it. I felt so sorry for the guy.

Last edited by abless : 05-29-2004 at 08:05 AM.
abless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 04:32 PM   #49
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by abless
I would go with the Viper, because I always think of the Corvettes as a middle-aged man's car. I almost never see anyone under about 40 driving a Vette. Vipers, on the other hand, seem more "youthfull". Maybe I'm just crazy.

This kinda reminds me of a video I downloaded off the internet, where this guy turboed his viper, and it make ~860 hp. Then he dragged some sportbikes. The viper owner bought a stock $80,000 viper, put tens of thousands of dollars worth of mods on it (I'm guessing about $40,000), and dragged some sport bikes with a 40-60 mph roll-on (which is better for the car). He dragged a few different bikes, mainly Suzuki Huyabusa 1300's ($10,000), with varying degrees of modifications. He got owned by 'Busa with less than $1,000 worth of mods on it. I felt so sorry for the guy.
Ya well I have also seen a couple of vids where the oppoisite was true. When I get back home I will post them up for people to look at.
Old 05-29-2004, 08:00 PM   #50
abless
CF Anti-Mullet

EDIT: I'll create a new thread instead of hijacking this one.
Old 05-30-2004, 01:15 AM   #51
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:

You and your bikes... Once the bikers crash going very fast they have a smaller chance of survival than the guy in the Viper, so it all balences out!

Old 05-30-2004, 06:25 AM   #52
abless
CF Anti-Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
You and your bikes... Once the bikers crash going very fast they have a smaller chance of survival than the guy in the Viper, so it all balences out!

Automobile drivers just need to learn how to drive. Way too many motorcycle fatalities are because of stupid car drivers.
Old 05-30-2004, 09:32 AM   #53
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
Automobile drivers just need to learn how to drive. Way too many motorcycle fatalities are because of stupid car drivers.
Way too many? More like pretty much all...!

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 09:37 AM   #54
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
LOL....You wanna try driving in London?....it might be different in the US, but over here most motorcycle fatalities are caused by stupid motorcyclists who think they are invinsible...not only do they risk everybodies life, but they give respectfull car drivers...and motorcyclists for that matter, a bad name

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 09:16 PM   #55
abless
CF Anti-Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
LOL....You wanna try driving in London?....it might be different in the US, but over here most motorcycle fatalities are caused by stupid motorcyclists who think they are invinsible...not only do they risk everybodies life, but they give respectfull car drivers...and motorcyclists for that matter, a bad name

I agree there are a few bad apples that give motorcycling a bad name, but there are plenty of non-stunters and responsible riders out there too.
Old 05-30-2004, 09:59 PM   #56
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
I agree there are a few bad apples that give motorcycling a bad name, but there are plenty of non-stunters and responsible riders out there too.
Who the hell gives a sh!t? The idea of a bike to me is to thrash the hell out of it.. All i can do is to pin open the throttle in every gear untill i run out of road.. And evidenetly from my accident 2 weeks ago 2morrow i leave it too late sometimes.. But hell, i just got back on the bike and carried on being insane.. And that is why bikes are more fun than cars Although cars do brake and corner better and have a higher top speed.. And at the top fuel end of drag-racing cars are faster in acceleration there.. But none the less bikes have more bang for you buck and are a hell of alot more fun in any case..

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 09:52 PM   #57
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
It is just like that here! I was driving down the DNT (Dallas North Tollway) today and a motorcyclist drove right between my car and the Elantra in the other lane... Motorcycles and thier drivers are crazy, and they blame everyone else when they die...

Old 06-03-2004, 10:09 PM   #58
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
It is just like that here! I was driving down the DNT (Dallas North Tollway) today and a motorcyclist drove right between my car and the Elantra in the other lane... Motorcycles and thier drivers are crazy, and they blame everyone else when they die...
How can one blame somone when one is dead? lol jk.....I hate it when motorcyclists blame everyone but themselves

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 07:17 PM   #59
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
How can one blame somone when one is dead? lol jk.....I hate it when motorcyclists blame everyone but themselves
Sorry.. but you obviously knew what I meant..

Old 06-06-2004, 02:33 AM   #60
abless
CF Anti-Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by R34RB30DETTV
Who the hell gives a sh!t? The idea of a bike to me is to thrash the hell out of it.. All i can do is to pin open the throttle in every gear untill i run out of road.. And evidenetly from my accident 2 weeks ago 2morrow i leave it too late sometimes.. But hell, i just got back on the bike and carried on being insane.. And that is why bikes are more fun than cars Although cars do brake and corner better and have a higher top speed.. And at the top fuel end of drag-racing cars are faster in acceleration there.. But none the less bikes have more bang for you buck and are a hell of alot more fun in any case..

Wanna rethink the red part?