FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2004, 09:22 AM   #61
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by abless
Wanna rethink the red part?
NO...

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 01:40 PM   #62
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by R34RB30DETTV
NO...

LOL. Since when do cars have higher speeds than bikes and quicker braking?

You screwball
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 09:15 PM   #63
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
LOL. Since when do cars have higher speeds than bikes and quicker braking?

You screwball
Two words.. Relative Roll-axis.. Think about it...

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 06:08 AM   #64
00NZL
CF Newbie

I wish I had a choice of a V10 Dodge Viper!!

Never fair though.. the good ole Holden 5.7L Gen III V8's that come in Holden SS's are damn sexy.... sound hot too!
Old 02-23-2005, 12:22 AM   #65
SNAKEKILLER!
Banned

Viper vs Vette????

That's what I'm talking about....If you think that the Viper takes the Vette.....Watch out for the easter bunny....he's coming personnaly to bring you an egg...and it's a Dodge! It's funny how all of these people know so much about these cars, but don't own any of them! Thats like saying the Prowler could beat?????? Nothing!!!! Wishfull thinking Dodge fans.... bring
Quote:
Originally Posted by R34RB30DETTV
Hmmm.. Thats strange.. Everyone seems to be wrong so far...

1998 Dodge Viper RT/10

0-60: 4.1
1/4 mile: 12.30

2004 Z06 vette..

0-60 4.0
1/4 mile: 12.05

Oh, and the new Z06 suspension setup means that it will also handle better too...

And yes, my recent attitude is but a vain attempt to make up for the lack of VW being here...
SNAKEKILLER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 01:06 AM   #66
01vette
CF Newbie

hold on here what the hell dont you guys get its a 04 viper vs a z06 ok---- the viper will win in a race not by much iv seen a z06 with only exhuast and a intake pull a srt-10 viper soo its nothing like the viper will put 10 cars on teh z06 but it will beat it in the 1/4 but the thing is the vipers unconfy like a mother f-cker and really small inside -- its not a daily drive type car like the z06 is and have a vette my self i can tell you its a pretty nice ride- the facts are tho a stock viper will beat a stock z06 - it dose have what 500 hp compared to 405 hp but the vette still is right on the vipers ass and with the new z06 coming out with the 7.0 427 should take care of the viper - both of the cars are nice the vipers are alot more rare but thats because i cant think of any one who would want to drive that car every day - most of you gusy just talk right out of your ass - just because you like the other car better- the viper dose look better and performance is also better in a viper just for what 30g more lol any way if i had to pick i would take the z06 because its cheap to mod and its easy to drive
01vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 05:10 PM   #67
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01vette
hold on here what the hell dont you guys get its a 04 viper vs a z06 ok---- the viper will win in a race not by much iv seen a z06 with only exhuast and a intake pull a srt-10 viper soo its nothing like the viper will put 10 cars on teh z06 but it will beat it in the 1/4 but the thing is the vipers unconfy like a mother f-cker and really small inside -- its not a daily drive type car like the z06 is and have a vette my self i can tell you its a pretty nice ride- the facts are tho a stock viper will beat a stock z06 - it dose have what 500 hp compared to 405 hp but the vette still is right on the vipers ass and with the new z06 coming out with the 7.0 427 should take care of the viper - both of the cars are nice the vipers are alot more rare but thats because i cant think of any one who would want to drive that car every day - most of you gusy just talk right out of your ass - just because you like the other car better- the viper dose look better and performance is also better in a viper just for what 30g more lol any way if i had to pick i would take the z06 because its cheap to mod and its easy to drive
Learn how to type. I cant read this for very long.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 06:34 PM   #68
ode94
CF Newbie

Hmmmmmm, A corvette is for the over 40 crowd ? I'm 28 and I'm on my third vette. As far as the whole viper vette comparison, viper would win. But if you talk about the simple bang for your buck factor, a vette is hard to beat. The price on that viper is steeeeeeep, For the money I save on a vette I could mod that sucker up and show viper boy some taillights. I've driven a GTS coupe the are super fun, but hopefully you like heat cause it got pretty toasty in that interior. Everyday drivability is a big factor and the vette beats the viper hands down. If I only want to drive my $ 70,000 to $ 80,000 viper one day a week that's not money well spent in my eye's. When the 2006 Z06 comes out I think viper salesman have some tough compettion from the bowtie boy's....
ode94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 07:16 PM   #69
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

What you ned to remember, ode, is that Viper owners are buying a bit more exclusivity, and cars that aren't often confused with secretary cars, like basic Corvettes often have been.

Both cars are excellent cars, and Z06 rock. But the truth is, the Viper's more exclusive and that commands the higher price.

If it were my money? Well, look at me in this one:

As for bang for the buck, I can make a Pinto outperform you car for a lot less money. But is it a better car because of it?

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 08:00 PM   #70
Gothicaleigh
CF Newbie

The previously posted numbers don't compare cars from the same year. Here are the latest available versions of both cars (all numbers from Road&Track):

Chevrolet Corvette C6 Coupe $53,815
400hp LS2 V8
0-60: 4.5
1/4: 12.9 @ 112.3 mph
Top speed: 186 mph
60-0: 114 ft.
SkidPad: 0.95g
Slalom: 67.0 mph

Dodge Viper SRT-10 $83,795
500hp V10
0-60: 4.1
1/4: 12.2 @ 119.6 mph
Top speed: 190 mph
60-0: 114 ft.
SkidPad: 1.04g
Slalom: 68.6 mph

...and coming soon:
Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06 $62,500
500hp '427' LS7 V8
0-60: 3.8
1/4: 11.7 @ 127.0 mph

Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe (GTS) $86,000
500hp V10
0-60: 3.9
1/4: 12.1 @ 121.0 mph

Modifieds? Here are the current best from each car's most respected builder (all numbers from Nov '04 Car&Driver SuperCar ShootOut):

2004 Lingenfelter 427 Twin Turbo C5 Corvette $149,187
800hp 427 Twin Turbo V8
0-60: 4.2
1/4: 11.6 @ 136 mph
150-0: 682 ft.

2004 Hennessey Venom Twin Turbo SRT-10 $162,054
800hp Twin Turbo V10
0-60: 3.7
1/4: 11.1 @ 141 mph
150-0: 705 ft.

Last edited by Gothicaleigh : 03-18-2005 at 08:27 PM.
Gothicaleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 08:02 PM   #71
ode94
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
What you ned to remember, ode, is that Viper owners are buying a bit more exclusivity, and cars that aren't often confused with secretary cars, like basic Corvettes often have been.

Both cars are excellent cars, and Z06 rock. But the truth is, the Viper's more exclusive and that commands the higher price.

As for bang for the buck, I can make a Pinto outperform you car for a lot less money. But is it a better car because of it?

Well, I never knew that a vette was for secretary's. As far as a viper is concerned your right. I believe that you are getting some exclusivity with the viper, hence the higher price tag.I guess that I like the way I can feel at ease knowing I can drive my vette everyday, without frying my nuts off ! And as far as the pinto, why would you destroy/mod a superb piece of automotive history like that !
Old 03-18-2005, 09:14 PM   #72
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ode94
Well, I never knew that a vette was for secretary's. As far as a viper is concerned your right. I believe that you are getting some exclusivity with the viper, hence the higher price tag.I guess that I like the way I can feel at ease knowing I can drive my vette everyday, without frying my nuts off ! And as far as the pinto, why would you destroy/mod a superb piece of automotive history like that !

Hehehe. Vette's gopt that reputation in the '70s and into the '80s with low power, automatic equipped models that were bought by all sorts of non-performance people. They are still available in comfort and convenience models, but the Viper was pretty much a raw race car (the new ones have changed that a bit, getting a bit more comfortable).

http://www.imperialclub.com/Articles...roit/Page6.jpg

I never fried my nuts off in that Viper, or the one I drove on the track.

As for the Pinto, my first SCCA race car was a Pinto 2 liter, and they make excellent road racers and drag cars.

The point being, since I can make one of these quicker than a Corvette or Viper for less money, does tham make a new Corvette a bad buy in the "bang for your buck" competition? Of course not. So slamming on the Viper for being more money than the Vette is beside the point.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 03-18-2005, 10:05 PM   #73
ode94
CF Newbie

Quote:
Hehehe. Vette's gopt that reputation in the '70s and into the '80s with low power, automatic equipped models that were bought by all sorts of non-performance people. They are still available in comfort and convenience models, but the Viper was pretty much a raw race car (the new ones have changed that a bit, getting a bit more comfortable).

http://www.imperialclub.com/Articles...roit/Page6.jpg

I never fried my nuts off in that Viper, or the one I drove on the track.

As for the Pinto, my first SCCA race car was a Pinto 2 liter, and they make excellent road racers and drag cars.

The point being, since I can make one of these quicker than a Corvette or Viper for less money, does tham make a new Corvette a bad buy in the "bang for your buck" competition? Of course not. So slamming on the Viper for being more money than the Vette is beside the point.

Never at any point would I slam the viper in any way shape or form, more expensive are not. I like the viper, it's just my opinion that when I drove one for two days it was just very warm and uncomfortable for me. Just to let you know, as of right now my secreraty mobile is pushing around 425hp. And may god be your witness, you shall burn in hell for chopping the all mighty pinto. lol
Old 03-18-2005, 10:21 PM   #74
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ode94
Never at any point would I slam the viper in any way shape or form, more expensive are not. I like the viper, it's just my opinion that when I drove one for two days it was just very warm and uncomfortable for me. Just to let you know, as of right now my secreraty mobile is pushing around 425hp. And may god be your witness, you shall burn in hell for chopping the all mighty pinto. lol

Hmm. Sorry to respond, then. I see every sentence in this post:

Quote:
For the money I save on a vette I could mod that sucker up and show viper boy some taillights. I've driven a GTS coupe the are super fun, but hopefully you like heat cause it got pretty toasty in that interior. Everyday drivability is a big factor and the vette beats the viper hands down. If I only want to drive my $ 70,000 to $ 80,000 viper one day a week that's not money well spent in my eye's. When the 2006 Z06 comes out I think viper salesman have some tough compettion from the bowtie boy's....

As cutting down on the Viper for reasons that teh vette can be cut down on by onwers of other cars. I mean, why buy either a Viper OR a Vette, when you can only carry two people? Hope you like being alone..." see what I mean? Everyday useability is way low on both of them for a family guy like myself, when I need to be able to carry more than one other person in my daily driver. Once it's a given that it can't BE a daily driver due to only being a two seater, then any daily driver requirements are GONE. In fact, looking at a sports car as a practical daily driver is just the wrong way of looking at it, especially a high performance one.

All the Vipers I've seen have A/C and are no more uncomfortable than lot of other fast cars (and some not so fast ones, like my non-A/C equipped Fiat in my sig)

I mean, most of what you were talking about was how it wasn't a good investment for YOUR money, but since I could beat your Corvette for less money, then even your corvete isnt' a good bargain for your money, compared to what you could have built.

The point is, you LIKE your Corvette, and decided the cost is worth it to have what you want, which is why the Viper isn't any worse of a deal, as it's worth it to the owners for what THEY want.

Hell, right now I can't afford either, so it's a moot point..

BTW, I've had 3 Pintos, and love them as race car projects.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 03-18-2005, 10:56 PM   #75
ode94
CF Newbie

Quote:
Hmm. Sorry to respond, then. I see every sentence in this post:

As cutting down on the Viper for reasons that teh vette can be cut down on by onwers of other cars. I mean, why buy either a Viper OR a Vette, when you can only carry two people? Hope you like being alone..." see what I mean? Everyday useability is way low on both of them for a family guy like myself, when I need to be able to carry more than one other person in my daily driver. Once it's a given that it can't BE a daily driver due to only being a two seater, then any daily driver requirements are GONE. In fact, looking at a sports car as a practical daily driver is just the wrong way of looking at it, especially a high performance one.

I mean, most of what you were talking about was how it wasn't a good investment for YOUR money, but since I could beat your Corvette for less money, then even your corvete isnt' a good bargain for your money, compared to what you could have built.

The point is, you LIKE your Corvette, and decided the cost is worth it to have what you want, which is why the Viper isn't any worse of a deal, as it's worth it to the owners for what THEY want.

BTW, I've had 3 Pintos, and love them as race car projects.

Great point, I've alway's told my friends when they talk smack, there is always something faster than what you got. I wil admit being smoked a few times by this guy in a 59 Anglia wagon,(347 stroker,c6, 4.56 9in) dam that cars quick. As far as being alone, I'm married, she's got the soccer mom suv, and I have my Avalanche for the kiddies, when we are blessed with them. And as far as the pinto goes, I'm just foolin around, I love those little cars, they look so cool all dragged out, I like the vegas too.. Thanks for a informitive response. You've changed my ideals on a couple of my opinions.