Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2004, 03:52 AM   #1
Amaranth
CF Newbie

Question on Engine Mod.

Hi, I was wondering what mod. you can put on your car to make it sound like the Spyder Eclipse in 2fast 2furious (when he revs the engine it makes a humming buildup and when he lets off it sounds like air is releasing.) If you know what im talking about of know what it is, could you clue me in cause its really cool.
-Thanks
Amaranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 03:54 AM   #2
KE70rolla
CF Newbie

Dats called a turbo with a blow off valve
KE70rolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 07:37 AM   #3
abless
CF Anti-Mullet

The "air releasing" sound is an aftermarket blowoff valve.
Old 07-04-2004, 08:29 PM   #4
VMJYogi
CF Addict

The humming buildup is most likely the tubro charging up. And the air thing is definately the blow off valve. So if you want that sound....be ready to spend a grand or two. Unless u want a punk ass turbo. then u only have to spend a couple hundred.

Self-appointed anchorman of CF. I bring the news with a savvy tongue b*tch!
Now an ever prouder DEP of the USMC
I get fresh from Yankee Stadium to the Gardens i beg your pardon, stop it, my closet Macys mens department pants shirt scarf phone if you checkin get the scoop on the cologne belt and shoe section fur for fur baby baby you'll go stir crazy
VMJYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 03:55 AM   #5
SunDown13X VR4
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMJYogi
The humming buildup is most likely the tubro charging up. And the air thing is definately the blow off valve. So if you want that sound....be ready to spend a grand or two. Unless u want a punk ass turbo. then u only have to spend a couple hundred.

then again you can go the ghey way out and get one of those electronic bovs from Ebay... lol I know a civic that has one... he fool me at first... we were driving around philly doing about 35 and he was with me... but funny thing was that I keep hearing this bov... I was like nice... wounder what kind of mods he has... got to a light... asked the guy... he told me it was electronic... I lost all respect for the guy... didnt even wanted to race him then... he took off pretty slow... keep making his bov go... (f*king loud I may add) but still his car didnt go... pretty sad...

Click Here for Mod List
Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 "Turning ordinary people into mechanics since 1991"
"VTEC - All the lag, but without the turbos... Its like waiting for bad sex..." - Sean K./CTECH
SunDown13X VR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 04:08 AM   #6
Inygknok
El del Supra

or u can just buy lots of purteh stickers. make sure one of them says something like "Turbo Inside" just like the pentium processor stickers.

then just get something like a whoopie cushion, n make sure u press it every time u press the clutch so it does the nice sound.

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 04:48 AM   #7
aerith
@#$%ing bored out of mind

Yeah, I know what you mean about the electronic Blow-off valve. I've heard them around. Sounds kind of weird, i knew they were electronic, cause the cars didnt even emit the build-up of the Turbo. It just made the blow off sound for no reason. Ive seen one in action, that guys pissed me off, he was in a old imprezza at the stoplight, and kept on revving his engine, and his blow off valve sounded. Then the guy next to him in a beat up looking civic started to rev as well. Then it turned green, and the civic kicked the shit out of imprezza!! HAHA It was a sleeper, i heard the turbo and the blow off valve go. Might have been a B16 transplanted in. Now, that was awesome

--2004 Acura TL Dynamic--
aerith is offline   Reply With Quote