Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Classic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2004, 01:19 AM   #1
spiral loser
CF Newbie

is it possible?

well when i'm driving with my dad tomorrow i'm going to ask him to make a decision in buying me a dirtbike or a chevy nova(not fixed up) for my next birthday in march 2005. i saw a show yesterday and they were making a nova for drag racing and i loved the roll cage in the inside, so i was wondering is it posible to put a roll cage in my nova and still fit passengers in the back and the passenger side? my next question is i like the panel that they had and it had these switches and the swicthes said fuel pump, start and, ignition. would that be a cool idea to put that in my nova (the switches)
spiral loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 07:10 AM   #2
archangle
CF Enthusiast

yes it is possible to put a roll cage in your nova and still fit people in the back and in the passenger side. The switches are mostly used for drag racing ony but you can have switches like that in your nova. I dont see why that would be a problem

Last edited by archangle : 05-25-2004 at 08:03 PM.
archangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 08:16 AM   #3
abless
CF Anti-Mullet

Unless professionally engineered, built, and installed, a roll cage will be more hazard than help. If everyone is not wearing helmets, they could bash their head on part of the roll cage.

Those switches are entirely possible.

Also, what are you going to use the nova for? Drag racing or cruising?
Old 05-24-2004, 08:29 AM   #4
cinqyg
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by abless
Unless professionally engineered, built, and installed, a roll cage will be more hazard than help. If everyone is not wearing helmets, they could bash their head on part of the roll cage.

Those switches are entirely possible.

Also, what are you going to use the nova for? Drag racing or cruising?

Get your self down to your local surf shop with some apropiately sized pipe insulation and ask them to make you some covers up. That should help sort out the head bashing problem. you will probibly only get a non cross braced 10 point cage in if you still want to use the rear seats, but if your racing then its worthwhile.
cinqyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 04:54 AM   #5
jimmypooh
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinqyg
Get your self down to your local surf shop with some apropiately sized pipe insulation and ask them to make you some covers up. That should help sort out the head bashing problem. you will probibly only get a non cross braced 10 point cage in if you still want to use the rear seats, but if your racing then its worthwhile.

I think by asking that questions he was curious if he could street it some times and drag it others or did I miss your sarcasm?
jimmypooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 05:16 AM   #6
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmypooh
I think by asking that questions he was curious if he could street it some times and drag it others or did I miss your sarcasm?
He's English, so you may well have missed his sarcasm, however, trying to read his personality is like trying to read his spelling....bloody hard lol jk

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 06:08 PM   #7
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Why do you not have the MX bike for your 15th and then ask for the car on your 16th? Yes the roll cage is possible but will reduce interior space and comfort and those switches are very possible but will make your car easier to steal and will increase your insurance..

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote